It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockefeller: Internet is "Number One National Hazard"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

Since there are a couple different positions being discussed here, how so?

You know the whole one line post thing really applies in this case. You make a comment, disparaging the thread, and ATS at the same time, but you arent making a case at all for what you mean by that, or whom you are directing it to, unless you mean the fact that threads and posts themselves exist.

Then, yes, that is a comment on ATS. It is designed for threads and posts. Thats the only thing that I can see that all posters are doing that also characterizes ATS itself.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This story is so exaggerated it's ridiculous.

Yes, it is quite possible that government systems receive 3 million cyber-attacks a day. Maybe that's why so many of them get hacked. What's ironic is that DoD and NASA systems are hacked on a regular basis, mainly because their security teams don't know what the hell they're doing.

So, yes, the Internet is a threat to government security.

Solution? Take critical systems off the Internet! How easy would that be??! I agree with the article that creating a counter-terrorism task force with the power to shut down systems is ridiculous in itself. Such a system would probably be abused to spy on Internet activities.

The story then digresses into some rant about lumping Ron Paul supporters with terrorists, which is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT TO THE MAIN TOPIC!!!!. Shame on you, Alex Jones!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

You seem to know alot about the technical aspects of it. Could a plan to censor the search engines be thwarted by the creation of new ones? Or by setting up a moving target where search engines "mutated" like a virus just enough to stay ahead of any attempt to censor them?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
mmm those Rockefeller people again...

The real NUMBER ONE HAZARD for The USA is using public funding for corporate interests!

In my opinion people with billions shouldn't be in politics but JAIL.

No one can make billions without the expense of others, makes you wonder how many people these families screwed over.

They make Madoff look like an amateur.

The reason why they want the internet censored is because the truth is out here. :up;

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
May the internet succeed where no news source has before, may it never be "sufficiently" penetrated by the government whores!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Please resume planning the revolution that will never take place because your wives and husbands will never let you out of the house to partake in it, and the dog has to go to the vet that day, and little suzie has to go to soccer practice.

Lol. We dont need a revolution. We just need to wise up and stop lying to ourselves about everything under the sun. Including that you need a revolution to change things.

But you are right about the "why" to some degree. What is needed for a free market includes perfect competition, and perfect information. The internet provides that.

In case anyone ever believed for one moment that wealthy industrialists or your government was for "free market capitalism" their fear of the internet is proof beyond a reasonable doubt that a "free market" is the last thing on the planet they want. They want to control the market. And slap a label of "free" on it to make you like it better.

They dont want democracy, and the internet makes it too easy to bypass their media controlled electoral process if enough of us use it. You could have a viral campaign that unseated both parties if only you realized there were not in fact two parties and there has been a corporate monopoly in the Whitehouse for decades.

The internet is dangerous to them because with it we could wake up and free ourselves, and just say no to their way of living without a shot fired. And thats what terrifies them. All the hacking and national security hoohah is how they try to make you terrified of the very thing that is your ticket out of their control. Because only you can stop you. They cant. They will hand you the gun loaded with fear, but you have to be the one to pull the trigger.

Dont.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Illusionsaregrander]

You know it's a very romantic and reassuring dream that I think everyone has long had from the first dark days when someone bashed someone over the head with a rock for a piece of food, and the other people in the cave were sitting there thinking, wow, why didn't he just ask, I am so proud of my Sabre Tooth Tiger recipe.

Yet, the sad truth is as they were herded off and absorbed into a larger community, beaten, raped, and threatened into submission to it, and taught it's culture, that tribe too, wondered the same thing, when the next bigger neanderthal cam around with a wooden club instead of a rock and did the same thing.

Lets use this as a classic example of just how utterly futile it can be hoping that people will wake up.

World War I, you have three armies, the French, the English, and the Germans, all engaged in year after year of trench warfare where the lines hardly ever move.

Millions, and I mean literally millions of men, kept crawling into those trenches, that were muddy, cold, stinky and cramped, that looked out across a landscape shattered and destroyed to the point that the only thing that made it look like earth, was the fact that you knew you were on the planet earth.

Each man crawling in, year after year, knew that he was now crawling into it, because them men who had before him, were dead and burried already from the exercise. They would just stand there firing across the line, watching friend after friend and person after person fall and die, and if one ever got smart enough to say to his buddy, hey this is really nuts, we are all dying doing this, what the heck are we mad at the huns for anyway, they got great beer and sausages, the dumbfounded guy he asked would have probably said, because they are bad! Alright what did they do that was so bad, you know, to you or to me? ...They insulted the Queen! Oh well, then, right you have, lets give the buggers what they deserve.

Meanwhile on the other side of the line some German is asking some other buddy of his, you know this is nuts, we are dying like flies here, what the heck did the Britts do that got us off on this, I mean they have great Ale and Fish n Chips. Well, they are bad, evil. Well they haven't done anything bad or evil to me, at least not until I got here, what did the do...They insulted the Kaiser!

Year after year, man after man, they would just sit there, stand there, and die. At anytime they could have turned around and turned their guns on their officers and mutinied and said there has got to be a better way.

The only think it took to turn them around if one tried was you, you there, what are you a coward, you do what your told, back in that hole, while up and down the line everyone else would mutter, bloody no good coward why can't he die like a man.

Now if you can't get any group of people to wake up in conditions like that, where death and suffering is about the only thing they can expect as a reward for staying asleep, and it's happening all around them, how are you going to get people to wake up?

With a 12 point graphic point by point explanation with audio video, minus the bullets, blood and screaming?

I see people who are "awake" here all the time on ATS who go, they said what about the Queen, lets nuke those creeps before they nuke us.

Personally I think if we ever did wake up and really become intelligently aware the powers that be wouldn't put us down, but would say, about bloody time! Oh you have no idea how tiring it is keeping you silly people occupied and doing something semi-productive, would you like a German Beer? Some Fish and Chips, a good stout Ale?

Everyone has their own little unique view on reality and romance and the ideal world, that hardly any two people can agree on for any length of time no matter how similiarities they both share.

The Powers that Be agree on a couple fundamental things, one being that the rest of us can never agree on anything, two being that we can't understand the logistics and complexities of keeping a society functioning and maintained, and three that they can make a whole lot of money and enjoy a whole lot of security, while we bicker like the children we are over who said, what, when and where about the Queen!

They think they are doing us a favor by keeping it all together for us, and they just might be, none of them are stupid enough to climb in that smelly old trench with bullets and bombs flying all around to enjoy a meal of spam.

I think people would have a better shot if they really understood why the lack of respect goes both ways.

Just my humble oppinion.

We don't respect the powers that be for what they do. They don't respect us for what we won't do.

That's come up with a better plan of our own, we can actually agree on and make work.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Could I have everyones IP addresses? Just so when the revolution comes about I can earn extra government chits for free cheese by turning everyone in

All praise Obama, our new Emperor!
I'll be good, promise! Your people can determine my pay, tell me where to eat, what to eat, teach my children about REAL history, tell me what to watch, what to read, what to listen to, I'll be 'double good'.
I'm so sorry that I made so mujch money last year that I shamefully bought a pot roast for my family!
Can I turn in my neighbor for forgiveness?
I can learn to hate people that make more than me, just watch! I'll be REAL good at it!

I have to stop now, I'm getting physically ill.....

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

The problem with censoring, is the HUGE company. groups like alexia, Ikotomi and google sub-let their search database to smaller engines. This helps the smaller engine use less resources to offer up their own branded search results.

A smaller engine can still provide people with their own database results, but they will differ from googles. So for example, the word "Freedom" is censored in Japans version of Google. I would go to a smaller search engine looking for free dom (note the space) get zero from googles engine, but some results from Cuil or altavista. So the government would then have to consider censoring words like "free". Which would bring a whole new level of interference.

To get around this the government introduces it's own proxy servers that are your point of connection prior to your real point of connection. (Shaw does this to cache web traffic and file downloads) An easy way to think of this is; a computer receives the connection before you do, and then forwards it to you. You accept this as part of your connection because of how DNS works. If you change your dns to use a recursive dns server on the web (several are offered as pay to use services) you then bypass your ISP's dns servers and their proxy server and thus their filtering or censorship.

Currently this is all academic, as most people will not use their own dns servers, but their isps. Or they trust free dns services on the net to host their stuff. It all boils down to being aware of the choices you have. Even in full censorship mode in the USA, there are still countries that will not censor what the government wants you not to see. You only need to use their services or their routing to get around the blocks. (smaller companies can react faster to these intended blocks)

As another poster pointed out, the internet was designed to be able to function even if a nuke were to take out a city routing traffic. So to suddenly change all of that and put a big plug on it, is next to impossible unless people always leave things in their "default" state.

So although this doesn't answer your question, it provides reasons why it's not necessary to react to government interference like that, just choose not to play along.

Thanks for reading
..Ex

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
Could I have everyones IP addresses? Just so when the revolution comes about I can earn extra government chits for free cheese by turning everyone in

You shure can

My Ip address is 127.0.0.1

Hehe ..
..ex

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Lol. We dont need a revolution. We just need to wise up and stop lying to ourselves about everything under the sun.

The internet is dangerous to them because with it we could wake up and free ourselves, and just say no to their way of living without a shot fired. And thats what terrifies them. All the hacking and national security hoohah is how they try to make you terrified of the very thing that is your ticket out of their control. Because only you can stop you. They cant. They will hand you the gun loaded with fear, but you have to be the one to pull the trigger.

Dont.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Illusionsaregrander]

Fantastic .... I snipped this a little just to appease ATS ..all should read this entire post if possible.

Again, I'm going back to FOX news without hijacking thread ... but ... Weren't some of us becoming aware of the fact that the MSM seemed to be almost PUSHING rioting....? ..."Mexicos problems spilling into the U.S. ..FEMA camps ... the Bubba effect..... UK predicts summer of rage"..... I was thinking ..wow they really want panic ...

I've always jokingly said "Whatever FOX news says to do ..do the opposite" ..and I will stand by that ...

Illusionsaregrander is right ..we can revolt without violence.... I rephrase that ..we MUST revolt non-violently ..it just means that many, many are going to have to walk away from their jobs... i.e. refuse to work on that infrastructure ..whatever it may be .... and take the lumps that come with that .... probable.... maybe not ... but ultimately necessary ...

possible?

NOT without the information and organization capabilities of a "free" internet ..(I realize its already somewhat restricted) ..its all we have and obviously tptb see it as a threat...

IT IS TIME TO TAKE ACTION ON THIS NNNOWWW... otherwise we are boiled frogs.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The Rockefellers and their ilk are the number one national hazard. If the Internet gets taxed or any part of it gets taken away from Americans, I can see a Revolution occurring almost instantly.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

All praise Obama, our new Emperor!
I'll be good, promise! Your people can determine my pay, tell me where to eat, what to eat, teach my children about REAL history, tell me what to watch, what to read, what to listen to, I'll be 'double good'.
I'm so sorry that I made so mujch money last year that I shamefully bought a pot roast for my family!
Can I turn in my neighbor for forgiveness?
I can learn to hate people that make more than me, just watch! I'll be REAL good at it!

I have to stop now, I'm getting physically ill.....

Good heavens! There is a government now? Hey it's not connected with that IRS outfit that keeps mailing me all these letters I throw away unopened is it?

Who is this Obama guy and why is he standing out in the hail, a golf ball chunk could really hurt!

Finally why would you roast a pot? I have heard of seasoning cast iron frying pans but roasting pots?

I hope this new government you are talking about offers cooking classes!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Really, who cares what a 72 year old guy thinks about the InterNets? I'm surprised he is even aware of the InterNets.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by v3_exceed
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

The problem with censoring, is the HUGE company. groups like alexia, Ikotomi and google sub-let their search database to smaller engines. This helps the smaller engine use less resources to offer up their own branded search results.

A smaller engine can still provide people with their own database results, but they will differ from googles. So for example, the word "Freedom" is censored in Japans version of Google. I would go to a smaller search engine looking for free dom (note the space) get zero from googles engine, but some results from Cuil or altavista. So the government would then have to consider censoring words like "free". Which would bring a whole new level of interference.

To get around this the government introduces it's own proxy servers that are your point of connection prior to your real point of connection. (Shaw does this to cache web traffic and file downloads) An easy way to think of this is; a computer receives the connection before you do, and then forwards it to you. You accept this as part of your connection because of how DNS works. If you change your dns to use a recursive dns server on the web (several are offered as pay to use services) you then bypass your ISP's dns servers and their proxy server and thus their filtering or censorship.

Currently this is all academic, as most people will not use their own dns servers, but their isps. Or they trust free dns services on the net to host their stuff. It all boils down to being aware of the choices you have. Even in full censorship mode in the USA, there are still countries that will not censor what the government wants you not to see. You only need to use their services or their routing to get around the blocks. (smaller companies can react faster to these intended blocks)

As another poster pointed out, the internet was designed to be able to function even if a nuke were to take out a city routing traffic. So to suddenly change all of that and put a big plug on it, is next to impossible unless people always leave things in their "default" state.

So although this doesn't answer your question, it provides reasons why it's not necessary to react to government interference like that, just choose not to play along.

Thanks for reading
..Ex

Absolutely outstanding addition to this thread! The Internet is so amazingly versatile as an information access stream.

People in China and the Middle East have been working their way around these kinds of restrictions for years using techniques like that.

There are even a couple outfits out there that will sell you Internet Access with an absolute gaurantee no subeona will ever be servable on them and none of your browsing or emails will ever fall into government hands.

A lot more companies like this will pop up if the Internet becomes heavily censored, because ultimately all you need is a few servers, a phone or cable line, and some electricity to access the net freely with a search engine that has no restrictions built into it.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Thanks exceed, and to you Proto... you are now in charge. We'll give you sector G7 to govern with the new China/Obama Imperion. Or is that the Obama/China Imperion?
What's sad is that there is a possibility (however slight) that my last post might prove to be more prophetic than not.
It's not US that's gonna be the problem, but the sheep that make up so much of the rest of our little blue orb.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I formerly announce Jay Rockefeller is an enemy to the internet. He is our number one national hazard. These are the men who need to be removed from congress. The internet is the only way to take them down.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Now if you can't get any group of people to wake up in conditions like that, where death and suffering is about the only thing they can expect as a reward for staying asleep, and it's happening all around them, how are you going to get people to wake up?

You are right. But the fact is, you can get people to wake up in those conditions.

en.wikipedia.org...

The truce began on Christmas Eve, 24 December 1914, when German troops began decorating the area around their trenches in the region of Ypres, Belgium, for Christmas. They began by placing candles on trees, then continued the celebration by singing Christmas carols, most notably Stille Nacht (Silent Night). The Scottish troops in the trenches across from them responded by singing English carols.

The two sides continued by shouting Christmas greetings to each other. Soon thereafter, there were calls for visits across the "No Man's Land" where small gifts were exchanged — whisky, jam, cigars, chocolate, and the like. The soldiers exchanged gifts, sometimes addresses, and drank together. The artillery in the region fell silent that night. The truce also allowed a breathing spell where recently-fallen soldiers could be brought back behind their lines by burial parties. Proper burials took place as soldiers from both sides mourned the dead together and paid their respects. At one funeral in No Man's Land, soldiers from both sides gathered and read a passage from the 23rd Psalm

It took a holiday to ignite it, and it was soon put back down, but it happened. It can happen. It did happen. Because of the holiday the feeling of the people changed. And after the holiday the feeling of the people changed back. But that doesnt change the fact that all it takes is a change of heart to make this happen.

And as for the example of the Queen and the "awake" thats also a label issue. Just because you say you are awake, and others may agree, does not mean you ARE awake. Jesus said of this "it is by their fruits that you know them." And there is also the issue that wakefulness and sleep are mutually exclusive but only in the moment. The sleeper can awaken, and they awakened can doze off. Becoming awake is the least of our worry. Staying awake is the hard part, and we all doze off if not mindful.

Let me just ask a question. What positive purpose does it serve to spread a message that it will be "too hard" or require bloodshed and sacrifice? Not that it may not be difficult at some points, or require force at others, but is that not the case with every single human endeavor? From bridge building, to fishing, to sports, really, everything? Do we sit down ahead of time and psych ourselves out that "we cant do this, they are too powerful, too strong, we will never win" in other worthy endeavors? Or is it notable that when we began the Iraq war it was going to be a quick decisive strike, costing little, with virtually no civilian and US military casualties?

Do you see what I am saying?

Nothing, absolutely NOTHING we do is guaranteed to be without risk. People die on the freeway, on the way to their office jobs, on construction sites, on fishing boats. Death, suffering and effort is a fact of life. Why sell the idea that freedom is particularly dangerous? It isnt. And the freer you are, from fear, the less dangerous life is, because fear has a way of manifesting justification. You create what is feared from fear itself. It happens time and time again.

Our situation is NOT hopeless. The actions we need to take are NOT doomed to fail and impossibly difficult. First and foremost we need to defeat fear in our own hearts, and after that everything else will be easy. We will die. But we were going to die anyway. The question should never be about "how will I die," but always about "how will I live."

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Now I can't say for certain that this thread is related to just what happened, but within about 20 minutes after posting what I did about the origiins of the Internet and the Powers that Be biggest fear of it, regarding how it could be used to distrubt Global Commerce and Systems I got a phone call on my cell phone.

Wrong number looking for a girl named Danielle. No such person here I said.

Oh tell me what you do for a living if you don't mind me asking you since I have you on the line the caller said.

I said, I am free lance computer consultant.

Great the person replied...a free lance Bank Computer Consultant?

Dum da dum dum, dum da dum dum dum...

No, I replied that banks are too crooked and criminal for a guy like me to want to do their business...

Fair enough the caller replied...who knows he said, maybe I will dial your number again by accident in the future since I have already mistakenly dialed it once.

You never know, I replied

The caller said, best of luck to you in the future, or until we talk again.

Now it could just be a strange coincidence, but it is definately a strange coincidence...but the reality is that's how scary the Internet is to the Powers that Be, they consider a top notch hacker who knows how to get around access points, and manipulate access devices to be far more dangerous than any Bin Laden could ever be.

I love the Internet its great for making new friends!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Maybe too much Freedom of speech, considered political blasphemy .

Perhaps they know people world wide can easily connect to create a militia.

The Feds have the grand-daddy computer of them all maybe they need more bandwidth for their ID program’s.

They are putting regulations on the internet here in Washington State and probably everywhere. I’m allowed only 300 MB downloads or uploads a day or they slow me down to a tortoise for 24 hours.

I think Comcast is next. They want regulations similar to the phone companies and usage. I’m ticked off!

Being a natural Hazard, regarding terrorists is hard to buy. They want to global censorship and editing. At this time it’s too big for them to control. Sounds more communist day by day.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
WOW!! this subject has created a cat 5 tornado as it should. In the end (coming to theaters soon) it want matter what you or I think simply because the "powers in very high places" will succeed for a while but only for a given period of time. America and many other nations are full of zombies and sheeples who will fall in line when extreme pressure is applied. This orchistration of extreme evil will not last forever and is allowed (for now) to continue its delusional journey to the abyss.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join