It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone read or heard of this book?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
"The best that money can't buy" by Jacque Fresco I wld love to read but I dont really want to waste time or money if it's not worth it. Any input would be much appreciated. thank you.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I have heard of the book but I am sorry to say that I know nothing about it. Have you tried Amazon and read their snippet on it? It also might be worth looking for any reviews online. Just a few thoughts for starters.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
well it was recommended by the zeitgeist group under the pretense of an alternative to or current situation. i was just wondering about the quality of the ideas.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Jacque Fresco envisions a global civilization in which science and technology are applied with human and environmental concern to secure, protect, and encourage a more humane world for all people. This book offers a possible way out of our recurring cycles of boom and recession, famine, poverty, a declining environment, and territorial conflicts where peace is merely the interval between wars. It outlines an attainable, humane social design of the near future where human rights are no longer paper proclamations but a way of life. The Best That Money Can't Buy is a challenge to all people to work toward a society in which all of the world's resources become the common heritage of all of the earth's people. It is accompanied by 70 color photos of Fresco's original designs, which illuminate the fulfilling lifestyle of a global, resource-based economy.

Amazon

Amazon has reviews by people that seem to be pretty detailed. I would stop by there, but I would definatley beware of what Zeitgesit folks tell you to do. That group is, well, warps the actual truth alot of the time. But anyway.

Here's what the editiorials have to say:

"I must admit that I'm impressed - the book is beautifully produced." -- Arthur C. Clarke, author"

"Original and holistic, this book stirs the mind, the heart, and the soul with its combination of vision and pragmatics." -- Dr. Arthur Shostak, Professor of Sociology, Drexel University

"This non-fictional watershed work ... is a prophetic, humanitarian blueprint for a new world." -- Forry Ackerman, author

new topics

top topics

join