It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large protests by Tibetans in western China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Large protests by Tibetans in western China

www.latimes.com

A Tibetan exile news service said the protests were triggered by the suicide of a 28-year-old monk whom they identified as Tashi Sangpo. Sangpo had been arrested several days earlier at the monastery for keeping a banned Tibetan flag and political leaflets in his room, it said. On Saturday, he escaped from the police station and killed himself by jumping into a river, according to the Phayul.com news service.

"Angry protesters managed to snatch from police the Tibetan national flag that was earlier confiscated by the Chinese officials," said the Phayul report, which also said that thousands were involved in the protest. A short video taken from a cellphone and posted on the group's website showed a large crowd of crimson-robed monks and civilians
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
US Congress urges China to end 'Tibet' repression
Can India liberate Tibet if it wanted to?
Dalai Lama Says Tibet Now Is 'Hell on Earth'
Whats the Truth about Tibet?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Why oh why does this still go on!
I always hear the rumors of the CIA propping up the H.H Dalai lama-and it seemed fathomable-however, it is time Tibet becomes free. I always get so angry when America tries to play big brother all over the world, completely ignoring legitimate causes because they'd cause too much "diplomatic trouble" OR we have no economic interest to do so.

Then just say it! Just say we're all for freedom and liberty around the world....but only if they have resources we need and can profit from as we set them back up again....
Tibet may not be as violent as the conflicts we have in Sudan or Congo that go completely ignored year by year....but it is the ideological suppresion of the very thing we Americans claim we love the most, freedom, that makes it so tragic.
The Tibetan people will never give up their fight, mark my words. Again neither will China. Its more hopeless than Gaza!!!
So there will always be bloodshed, oppresion, and tyranny. Regardless of what you think of them, the U.N should have stepped in a long time ago. The Red Cross should be allowed in to medically treat those who are injured (they can't go get care at hospitals because they will be immediately arrested).

The Tibetan question is a hard one to answer but like I said above it will never end until a third party takes action.

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Thoughts...anyone?

I thought there would be more discussion on this subject.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The Chinese are always beating up the Monks.
And killing the Tibetans.
Really what else is there to say, the Chinese are violent communists?

top topics

join