It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on alien abduction/contact

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
There is a certain aspect of alien abduction and contact that confuses me. Who is selected for the process?

I mean, if the phenomena is so universal and liberal then surely it is possible for anyone to be selected at random. Myself and others at ATS have openly challenged the status quo and suggested "okay, pick me." Showed desire in order to prove and provide evidence - but, alas, the harvest remains bare.

Nothing.

Do I have to be more suave, polite and show more acceptance or is there a conspiratorial variable to the process, which purposely selects individuals?

Do not interpret my words as hostile rhetoric, this is a factual exercise and a potential experiment into alien abduction.

In conclusion, a question: Why were you selected?

[edit on 22-3-2009 by infinite]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'm not sure,
I've never been abducted myself but I think it is completely random.
Well it would depend on the Race of the aliens and what they want if it wasnt.
Generally I'm guessing they would want DNA sample which could be obtained from any human being.
Im not sure,
Flag and star since I want to know myself

Jacob

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Back when I first joined this site, an interesting thread appeared on how to contact via meditation. Of course, we tried and had a weird meditation but nothing.

In essence, I am essentially challenging those who "claim" to be able to "summon" forces unknown. After all, I cannot begin to estimate the accumulation of "I've been given a message..." threads.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Infinite, have you focused on the sensing awareness aspect of alien presence? What I mean is, how sensitive are you to the environment around you, such as the energetic environment? Are you able to sense a "presence" at one moment versus another? Is it in any way difficult to do so?

My guess is it takes a continuous effort (or mindset) to think outside of our normal 3d world to have more experiences with aliens, at least that's what I imagine when it us trying and not the alien/s trying to contact. It's important to add here that some are more acutely aware of the energetic world surrounding them, for them this is natural although those around them may not think it so. Many seem to think it taboo to operate outside of our 3d perception, but we just don't realize the advantages to the other dimensions (ie- more chances of alien interaction). Just my 2 cents.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by dawnslight]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Depends on your state of mind Im thinking

You have to free your thoughts , be willing to explore

People in the 60's were frequently free enough to let the experience happen

Nowadays , we people .....haha, i cant go on , sry , too funny

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Maybe it`s just random generated maybe they get knowledgeable people that don`t know their potential who knows the minds of aliens?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnslight
My guess is it takes a continuous effort (or mindset) to think outside of our normal 3d world to have more experiences with aliens, at least that's what I imagine when it us trying and not the alien/s trying to contact. It's important to add here that some are more acutely aware of the energetic world surrounding them, for them this is natural although those around them may not think it so. Many seem to think it taboo to operate outside of our 3d perception, but we just don't realize the advantages to the other dimensions (ie- more chances of alien interaction). Just my 2 cents.

This is the normal answer I get.

We've seen some interesting ATS threads regarding mindset and the ability to think "outside the box."

Maybe an interesting ATS Research Project could be started

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
There is a certain aspect of alien abduction and contact that confuses me. Who is selected for the process?
You ask some great questions. I believe abduction experiences can be explained in many ways. I believe it is more of a cultural phenomena and is more in line with religion. This is why I believe that......www.abovetopsecret.com...

I mean, if the phenomena is so universal and liberal then surely it is possible for anyone to be selected at random.
I don't believe that this phenomena is universal. If you believe the faulty studies done by Hopkins, Jacobs and Mack, which make estimations based on interpretions of responses and not actual claims of alien abduction, it appears that million of Americans are being abducted, these reports are constantly sited as evidence when it is obvious that they are flawed, if not fraudulent.

Myself and others at ATS have openly challenged the status quo and suggested "okay, pick me." Showed desire in order to prove and provide evidence - but, alas, the harvest remains bare.
Keep it up. But we also need to challenge the status quo when it comes to claims, UFO and Abduction experts flooging books and DVD's by exploiting people who have had an extremely frightening experience that they struggle to explain or understand and geniunly believe and accept that Aliens are involved.

Do I have to be more suave, polite and show more acceptance or is there a conspiratorial variable to the process, which purposely selects individuals?
Actually, those who hae a schizotypy personality are statistically more likely to have an alien abduction experience. Don't freak out at the term, it does not mean anyone is ill, 25% of the planet have this personality type and it is typical of those who are prone to fantasy. Which in my opinion is what makes so many humans creative, unique and amazing.

There is one aspect, though, in which abductees are different from the general population. On personality tests, they score higher on a characteristic called schizotypy. Schizotypic personalities are prone to fantasy and magical thinking. They also have more difficulty distinguishing real from imagined events than the general population, and they are more likely to hold paranormal beliefs.

Abducted: How People Come to Believe They Were Kidnapped by Aliens.
By Susan A. Clancy.
Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA. 2005.

On the other hand, schizotypic personality is not necessarily maladaptive; in fact, artists, poets and other highly creative people generally score high on the schizotypy dimension. However, there are plenty of people with schizotypic tendencies that do not develop beliefs in alien abductions, so there must be other causal factors involved.

I believe the other causes need, as eluded to above, that are guessed at being factors are our popular culture, science and technology and our expanding beliefs, views and knowledge of the universe.

Do not interpret my words as hostile rhetoric, this is a factual exercise and a potential experiment into alien abduction.

In conclusion, a question: Why were you selected?
And we need to look at this from all angles, your idea is great. But maybe you consider this. Why do some of us accept aliens as an explanation for an experiences?, it could be a reflection of our contemporary fixation with science and technology, its influence on our psyche through popular culture and our need to redefine older traditional gods and religions with the middle ground of aliens. Just my HO.

Great Thread.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

The religious aspect is interesting - especially the cult mentality being born out of this phenomena.

It is difficult to evaluate the true intentions though, if alien abduction is genuine, because a portion claim a benevolent force and others suggest sinister motives.

Majority of the information is hearsay, but 20% warrant further investigation due to detailed geographical locations of alleged star systems. Betty and Barney Hill abduction report included a drawing of the Zeta Reticuli star system, which the couple drew.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Aliens are multidimensional as are humans. They also delete memories of their abductions. However there are a portion of society who are able to obtain enough recall and memories to know what has happened and is happening to them, myself included. Other family members who are also abductees , cannot bear to face it and would deny all activity not to mention the actual existence of aliens. So it is an extremely complex phenomena.
Abductions are usually based on soul groups and past lives although not always. there is also the random abductions but these don't usually involve DNA harvesting.
I do not think that there is a meditation you can do that will make aliens abduct you. Nor do i think you would want that. The difference between Experiencers and Abductees is one group will call a rape an interesting scientific experience and the other wouldn't. It is all about what you can cope with and what you can't as well as what you hope it is as opposed to what it actually is.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
To try and make this a cult phenomena is harmful and not truth seeking. Most abductees do not know each other, have never met and have no intention of doing so. Abductees are just people scattered all over the world who unfortunately have been through similiar things. So a cult has nothing to do with it and is a dangerous mindset to get into.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacecowgirl
To try and make this a cult phenomena is harmful and not truth seeking. Most abductees do not know each other, have never met and have no intention of doing so.

Heaven's Gate and other UFO cults do point to the contrary. For the record, I'm not suggesting all abductees are cultists - of course not.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Heavens Gate was not for abductees, it was for misguided souls who hoped aliens would take them away and give them a better life. True abductees know this is never going to happen.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by atlasastro

The religious aspect is interesting - especially the cult mentality being born out of this phenomena.
It is very interesting considering the establishment of Religions around beliefs of aliens actually existing and influencing us. Raelism and scientology for example. Like other religions, they are on the extreme at the moment and have the "tag" cult as they are not culturally accepted as normal like other more established religions that also have beliefs as abstract as the two examples I gave above.

It is difficult to evaluate the true intentions though, if alien abduction is genuine, because a portion claim a benevolent force and others suggest sinister motives.
Very similar to the traditional paradigms presented by other religions that have angel or demons, good and evil spirits, ascension or descension along the karmic ladder, ying and yang, positive/negative, light/dark, good and evil.
As with any group, belief or personal testimony, it is very difficult to ascertain the truth in any one individual claim or experience. Even though we can site multiple cases of alien abduction, so too can we site multiple claims amongst those that have experienced talking to G*D, Jesus, Mary in chritianiy for example. Or many individuals recounting past lives, we have mediums that have many experiences contacting the dead, spirits, demons, and now also aliens.

Majority of the information is hearsay, but 20% warrant further investigation
Nearly all abductions are pesonal testimony, many, many accounts are derived under hypnosis. Even Jacobs(leading pioneer in abduction research) concedes that these are far from convincing evidence but argues that because there are man incidents that these add weight to some truth being evident. But as I have ponted out, we can apply this to every religious beliefs and those that have experiences within each group.

due to detailed geographical locations of alleged star systems. Betty and Barney Hill abduction report included a drawing of the Zeta Reticuli star system, which the couple drew.
Historically, if you study the emergence of Sci-fiction, Betty and Barney Hills case pops up after an early episode of the twighlight zone and parts of their story even match later episodes of the outer limits, their story matches the story of one episode.
I have read some crticisms of the map and the story from BArney and Betty not making sense when we look at the systems elemental make up(lack of metals that word support a technologically older civilisation like Zeta is supposed to support), and many arguements for. It is a very interesting aspect of this case. Unfortunately though, it is rare amongst the many, many reports of abduction. If the Hills were able to record such a map, why is there such an overwhelming abscence of further concrete evidence. It is rare elements like the star map that render them either co-incidence or curiosities left unexplained by sceptics and heralded as overwhelming evidence by believers. Very interesting.

I agree that we need to look into the phenomena more. I am especially interested in the DNA aspect and links between abductees, traits and characteistics that might highlight why they are abducted.
Many in the Field that are raking in the cash from speaking tours and books claim there is a genectic experiment, or dna mining etc. going on. But yet there is no sincere effort to look into this aspect at all.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I WAS ABDUCTED AND I CAN TELL YOU FIRSTHAND that we are chosen simply by geographical location .There is no big selection process,and there is no secret "bloodline"dna.

We are human beings and we all have small individual traits that could make us predisposed to certain medical procedures based on those small differences,but we are all human and that is all that matters.

Whoever abducted me wasnt bulletproof thats for sure, they were HUMANS. Many,possibly millions have been abducted.Many are implanted and have dna taken from them.

All events happen with the victem being incapacitated and unaware of what is happening.If you wake up,which happens you create a lot of problems and you may not be abducted again based on this .Excatly like a dental patient whose body wont accept anesthesia,if the doctor has a choice he WONT WORK ON YOU BASED ON THIS ALONE.

All events arent done against peoples will ,I consented to a procedure based on communication with one of the people present.

Why us? Because we are healthy SEVEN YEAR OR SO OLD HUMAN CHILDREN WITH A HIGH CHANCE OF LONG TERM SURVIVABILITY OR LIFESPAN.

Think about it?we are being stolen not lured away!!Where would you steal people from if you were them??Better yet ask yourself why you would steal humans and then put them back??Isnt that the real ring-a-ding-dong-dandy of a question?YOU PUT THEM BACK BECAUSE YOU HAVE ALTERED THEM SOMEHOW AND YOU ARE SEEDING THEM BACK INTO THEIR NATURAL ENVIRONMENT SO THEY CAN CONTINUE TO LIVE WHAT THEY THINK ARE THEIR OWN LIVES.

You steal them because if you get caught taking them you would be in trouble.But lets face it if some guy in a suit came up to me tomorrow and offered mt a million dollars for my dna because some mad scientist wanted it I would leap at the chance to sell my dna,I have probably donated it to several hundred women anyway so it isnt like its that rare a commodity anyways.So really freakin aliens would just buy DNA in any town in any country on our planet.

Life is treated as if it was of such little value all over our planet that the real question is why are they sending us back and why do they treat us better than other humans of our time period would??

There has to be some type of value associated with the abductions and our human lifespan is so short that the value would have to be realised in a very short timespan.Therefore if we document and track the lives of many abduction victems we will see commonalities forming which will point out the true agenda for the abductions.And observing is not enough we have to talk to these people and find out if anything intellectual is happening.

Due to my implants I personally read a complete set of encyclopedias,including the dictionaries when I was seven/eight years old.I was given a special card by my school principal so I could use the Senior High school library when I was nine years old.--and NO it didnt make me a better speller and last time I checked it wasnt a cheque from NASA in my mailbox.

But I have never stopped learing in fact it is an obsession and in every aspect of life and all forms of learning,its like the switch went on and never went off.

I was the most outstanding male athlete in my high school.I am five foot six and 160 lbs?At about seven or eight[ post implants] I started to compete at everything intellectual and physical with an intense learning passion,I NEVER CONSIDERED MYSELF TO BE COMPETEING WITH ANYONE ELSE I ONLY CONSIDERED MYSELF TO BE LEARNING.

I CANT TELL YOU HOW TO GET PICKED.I can only tell you from what I experienced and have learned that you need to be in a rural area but in reasonable proximity to a larger community,you need to be seven years old and their has to have been cattle mutilations in your area recently,then you should be set.OH yea I forgot you have to have a couple of Queens in your family tree to boot.Im not kidding look for english family history somewhere.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I WAS ABDUCTED AND I CAN TELL YOU FIRSTHAND that we are chosen simply by geographical location .There is no big selection process,and there is no secret "bloodline"dna.

We are human beings and we all have small individual traits that could make us predisposed to certain medical procedures based on those small differences,but we are all human and that is all that matters.

Whoever abducted me wasnt bulletproof thats for sure, they were HUMANS. Many,possibly millions have been abducted.Many are implanted and have dna taken from them.

All events happen with the victem being incapacitated and unaware of what is happening.If you wake up,which happens you create a lot of problems and you may not be abducted again based on this .Excatly like a dental patient whose body wont accept anesthesia,if the doctor has a choice he WONT WORK ON YOU BASED ON THIS ALONE.

All events arent done against peoples will ,I consented to a procedure based on communication with one of the people present.

Why us? Because we are healthy SEVEN YEAR OR SO OLD HUMAN CHILDREN WITH A HIGH CHANCE OF LONG TERM SURVIVABILITY OR LIFESPAN.

Think about it?we are being stolen not lured away!!Where would you steal people from if you were them??Better yet ask yourself why you would steal humans and then put them back??Isnt that the real ring-a-ding-dong-dandy of a question?YOU PUT THEM BACK BECAUSE YOU HAVE ALTERED THEM SOMEHOW AND YOU ARE SEEDING THEM BACK INTO THEIR NATURAL ENVIRONMENT SO THEY CAN CONTINUE TO LIVE WHAT THEY THINK ARE THEIR OWN LIVES.

You steal them because if you get caught taking them you would be in trouble.But lets face it if some guy in a suit came up to me tomorrow and offered mt a million dollars for my dna because some mad scientist wanted it I would leap at the chance to sell my dna,I have probably donated it to several hundred women anyway so it isnt like its that rare a commodity anyways.So really freakin aliens would just buy DNA in any town in any country on our planet.

Life is treated as if it was of such little value all over our planet that the real question is why are they sending us back and why do they treat us better than other humans of our time period would??

There has to be some type of value associated with the abductions and our human lifespan is so short that the value would have to be realised in a very short timespan.Therefore if we document and track the lives of many abduction victems we will see commonalities forming which will point out the true agenda for the abductions.And observing is not enough we have to talk to these people and find out if anything intellectual is happening.

Due to my implants I personally read a complete set of encyclopedias,including the dictionaries when I was seven/eight years old.I was given a special card by my school principal so I could use the Senior High school library when I was nine years old.--and NO it didnt make me a better speller and last time I checked it wasnt a cheque from NASA in my mailbox.

But I have never stopped learing in fact it is an obsession and in every aspect of life and all forms of learning,its like the switch went on and never went off.

I was the most outstanding male athlete in my high school.I am five foot six and 160 lbs?At about seven or eight[ post implants] I started to compete at everything intellectual and physical with an intense learning passion,I NEVER CONSIDERED MYSELF TO BE COMPETEING WITH ANYONE ELSE I ONLY CONSIDERED MYSELF TO BE LEARNING.

I CANT TELL YOU HOW TO GET PICKED.I can only tell you from what I experienced and have learned that you need to be in a rural area but in reasonable proximity to a larger community,you need to be seven years old and their has to have been cattle mutilations in your area recently,then you should be set.OH yea I forgot you have to have a couple of Queens in your family tree to boot.Im not kidding look for english family history somewhere.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I think you'll find among the secular nuts and bolts investigators of this phenomenon (Hopkins, Jacobs, Smith and Carpenter) that the consensus is that it is entirely hereditary. Without exceptions, if you are an abductee then either your mother or father (or both) was an abductee. Without exceptions, if you are an abductee all of your children will be abductees.

As far as I know, they can only trace this phenomenon back to the mid to late 1800's. Although some rough estimates can be done, nobody knows for sure how many were selected as the initial abductees. Nobody can say how or why the first ones were chosen, though it was probably just completely random.

The hereditary aspect can be used to explain some of these "UFO Hotspots" we so often hear about near remote or isolated tribal villages. Whereas abductee children in the more modern world tend to "spread out" more, people in those villages stay clustered together with lots of intermarriage. With so many abductees cloistered together producing more abductees then you'll probably get a lot of UFO activity in that area. For example, let's say for every 1 out of 100 abductions, that an alien forgets (since they are not omnipotent) to turn on the "invisibility shield". Spread across a country like the U.S. this might be barely noticeable but concentrated over a village or small interconnecting communities then we can get a bit of a "hotspot".

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Gavatar,I agree with you in the sense that after the requirements I already mentioned are met then we can look at them following hereditary lineages.

I have a lineage that includes TWO WOMEN WHO BOTH LENT THEIR GENETIC ATTRIBUTES TO A MAJOR ROYAL FAMILY AND THEY DID IT IN SUCCESSIVE GENERATIONS.tHIS RoYAL FAMILY ALSO SEEMS TO BE CONNECTED TO A LOT OF AMERICAN PRESIDENTS AND ASSORTED OTHER INTERESTING PEOPLE.

I have information which leads me to believe that at least three generations can be affected with females being more important than males.The potential is there for a lot more than three generations because inter-continental travel by more than a few explorers is really, really new and this means that there was for the majority of human history essentially a captive audience if you will.This probably made it a lot easier to keep track of who you wanted to.

We can see by existing technology used by us today how easy it is to tag and track human beings,no matter where they live.

I agree that the program is hereditary,BUT AFTER INITIAL CONTACT WHICH IS RANDOM AS FAR AS HUMANS INDIVIDUAL TRAITS BEING A FACTOR IN THE ABDUCTION.

As far as traits in families with a history of abduction,start with constant learning,then swing over to refusal to be indoctrinated by ANY RELIGON TO THE EXCLUSION OF ALL OTHERS,Then swing over to noticable INTUITION IN THE WOMEN PEPPERED WITH DREAMS OF THE FUTURE SHORTLY BEFORE EVENTS ,AN INNER WARNING SYSTEM,go directly to people who have no obvious right to be athletic but seem to be the best or have EXTRAORDINARY REFLEXES ESPECIALLY CATCHING OBJECTS THEY HAVE DROPPED IN MID-AIR LIKE A NINJA.Being naturally good with plants is another prominent trait and so is forgiveness.Look for an open mind that is extremely difficult to manipulate.

I think we are cut loose after the abductions to live our lives as we choose,we are randomly picked up after that according to some maintenance or harvesting agenda.

Some of us have exceptionally strong emotions and this is greatly valued but also greatly feared for some reason.I am one of this type.If you are like me you are hard for them to handle because they cant wipe all your memories and you remain aware but not awake so you are difficult to handle, because there are obviously rules or no one would ever come home.

Irregardless I would suggest that no one would enjoy being drugged,kidnapped sexually and emotionally manipulated,brainwashed,then dropped back into your bed to be left with a lifetime of scars and questions.Lets not forget the eternal quest for knowledge that never ends and the feeling of some duty you need to do not an urgent yearning just the feeling that you are an outside piece of the big puzzle somehow,no more important than any other piece,just an outside piece.

I wont talk about the fact that somehow people connected to abductees in some way have prior knowledge of where we will be and possibly what our potential future holds,I met a man several years ago that had some incredible things to TELL ME SPECIFICLY,AND HE KNEW INTIMATE DETAILS OF MY PAST MY CHILDHOOD.He was from Australia and he claimed we would meet again for certain in the future.He explained the thread theory to me in terms of time and potential or possible futures,he talked of some great division or seperation coming during which we have to be our purest selves,that there was no way to fake goodness you have to truly be it in every way.

He made sure I understood that no future was certain and that humans could change it at any time to anything they all wanted and the majority would consume the minority to create humanities future,but if we didnt come together we would be consumed by our internal conflicts which are truly a search for a common path or binding cause that supercedes our current perspective of EACH HUMAN BEINGS MEASURE OF GLOBAL AND HUMANITARIAN ACCOUNTABILITY.

WE OWE MORE TO THE PLANET AND EACH OTHER THAN THE WORLD AND HUMANITY OWES US

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
For myself,...... I wasn't selected as a human to be abducted and I don't like the word abducted for myself because that isn't the way it is for me.

I was an alien "a Grey" (all Grey's are not bad) I was asked to come here and help the human race when it was time, when I agreed to help they sent that soul into this human form and I observe until the day my job comes to fruitation.

My job will be to Cure all known Viruses beginning on March 17, 2046 I'll be 97 and just a llittle ugly but hey..................

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
one4all,

Although I can't even pretend to know your experiences concerning what has been happening to you throughout your life, I might be able to put your royal heritage into perspective. Well, at least as it concerns you being an abductee. I don't do this to belittle or bring you around to my beliefs, but as an "in good faith" effort to help you along in your personal discoveries of this phenomenon.

For the sake of argument, let's assume four things to be true:

1. Aliens have a program that involves the abduction of human beings.
2. All abductions are hereditary in nature.
3. You are an abductee
4. You have a royal bloodline. ("...ALSO SEEMS TO BE CONNECTED TO A LOT OF AMERICAN PRESIDENTS AND ASSORTED OTHER INTERESTING PEOPLE.")

Here lies the mistake that many people can innocently make. If #3 and #4 are both fantastic or improbable events, then they must be connected somehow. This happens quite a bit even in the strictest of physical sciences. It surely is no stranger in the paranormal world either.

But even leaving that alone, what if having a royal bloodline is not that unique at all? Here is a page called "Redundancy in Ancestry" that does a fairly good job of showing how just about all of us can claim a heritage to someone important from the past:

www.gly.uga.edu...

And of course, there is the matter of the many abductees worldwide who don't have any direct lineage to royalty or historical figures at all.

Your lineage may even be all abductees (including the royals and Presidents) but that also would be by random chance (for them, meaning).

Well, I hope that may help a little in your search for truth in what has been happening in your own life.

Good luck.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join