It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

spyware

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
since those ads have come in place, i've had a # load of spyware on my computer

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
there's a thread somewhere, S.O. has asked that if you are receiving spyware from the ads to let him know...

oh I guess that's what your doing with this post..

any specific ads we should watch out for ?

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Can you be more specific. Our contract with them specifies that nothing other than a simple tracking cookie would be used.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
don't worry, just done a scan..its wasn't from those adverts,sorry

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
How do I get rid of these pops? Delete my cookies?

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I don't get those ads very often at all, I think my Norton firewall blocks them. I only see the sidebar on the right.
Perhaps cookie crusher or a similar service would help?

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
well i just got a black popup from microsoft that says there is spyware and i have had it before but i only get it on ats maybe ats has spyware and the popup tells me where on my system the spyware is how do you get spyware on your computer

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Spyware will pop-up on certain triggers. The highly political and news-rich content of ATS is notorious for triggering many pop-up spyware applications. (I have a test-bed PC at home with spyware installed on-purpose and have confirmed that for some reason, the makers of these programs have decided either the domain or content of ATS is a high-priority trigger... very odd) SpyWare is now considered among the most serious computer support problems. www.wired.com... so... just because you get spyware popups or alerts on ATS, is no indication they came from us... it means you already have this evil crap on your system. Rest assured, if the new ads are installing spyware, they will be immediately removed, and legal action considered.
[Edited on 7-5-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

new topics

top topics

join