It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2a Today for the USA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The superior firepower argument against the efficacy of the 2a is getting tiresome.

A 150 grain round of .308 hollowpoint launched from 1000 yards away will absolutely ruin someone's day. And in the urban environment that the criminals like to inhabit, identifying the point of origin of that single shot as the sound bounces of buildings will be nearly impossible and won't even be heard until after the round has already struck and inflicted its damage. The sniper will then slither off until the next opportunity.

No one is talking about taking professional fireteams on head to head.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I actually have a pocket copy of the Constitution, and I treat it, as well as my copy of our Declaration of Independence, as second only to my Bible.

God and Country all the way.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Ok Folks let's not stray too far from the topic, please.

Also be aware this thread is in the Political Conspiracies Forum, now.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by merkaba93

A 1000 yard shot with a .308 is a sniper shot. Not to many people have the skill to make that shot. And the sound heard from a rifle is relative to how close you are. It does a 'criminal' no good if someone in a room/building next door hears the shot and calls it in, even if the target area of the shot, no one heard anything. And FIY - with modern electronic equipment, you actually can trace the location of a sniper shot - you just have to know what your doing.

Although since were talking urban - most gunfights in an urban environment, happen close range - 5ft - 50ft - GENERALLY. At that range, marksmanship isn't the game anymore - rate of fire is! That's when you want your weapon to fire full auto, or have that capability. The street fighting that goes on in Iraq is a perfect example. Will there be opportunities to use marksmanship, or even a sniper? Sure, absolutely. But the majority of the fighting is going to be close combat.

Examples: Room to Room firefights, Floor to Floor firefights, House to House firefights.

I'm not saying that anyone o'll citizen can go into a gun shop, buy a 40mm grenade launcher, rpg, .30 - .50 cal machine gun, mortars, etc.

But what about body armor? Currently only LE and military can buy high end body armor.

What about full automatic firing modes for weapons? Again, only LE and military can buy these parts - and need to be registered as such.

What about high capacity magazines? the legal 5-10 round magazine against 30-40 round, and even 100 round drum magazines (called C-Mags)?

I personally feel that head to head fireteam fights is EXACTLY what we should be talking about!

Gun control is decided by our ruling government, not our enemies. But if the government is our enemy, we should be prepared to fight them with equal force. We dont have high caliber automatic weapons, mortars, artillery, air support, etc etc - but again. The majority of fighting that occurs during a war is infantry against infantry. Rifle against Rifle. The more urbanized the environment (which basically creates more cover to be used) the closer the fighting is going to happen.

There's a reason why SWAT Teams practice CQB (Close Quarter Battle).

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Ammunition is getting hard to come by. I have heard from several senior military officers that they are preparing for a downright nasty fight. I respect them very much because of the years and levels of service and expertise these men have achieved. They have fought several wars on many different continents in defense of the constitution and the freedom our forefathers, and their grandfathers and fathers fought to give them. I have sworn the same oath they have to defend the constitution from enemies both foreign and DOMESTIC! I do believe that the banksters and politicians have done just about everything they can to ruin America for different reasons from greed, to power, to hatred and contempt of how our free society carries on in the face of a world that all wants what America has. Well, those politicians and bankers have been given plenty of rope and they have hung themselves with it. I feel that it is only a matter of time before something so terrible is going to happen or be revealed that the good people of this country will say enough is enough and change that has been attempted over and over through political votes of the people and ignored by the politicians while they line their pockets and laugh behind closed doors at the sheep, are going to see those sheep one day turn into lions and that day is soon to come. Many police, active duty military men, and a majority portion of the nation’s able bodied fighting men feel the same way! This country, one of the most powerful, most advanced technologically, most compassionate (giving more aid than any country on Earth) has been looted and the looters are now in a desperate last ditch attempt to save their collective as$#%, are trying to put laws, paramilitary organizations, etc together to stop what they know is coming and has already started in a futile attempt to imprison the PEOPLE that this country belongs to and if it needs to be done so by force then so it shall be. Most of our military and paramilitary are with us. I wouldn’t want to be or have been a politician or CEO, etc that has been caught sneaking out of America because they will be tried for High Treason!

[edit on 23/3/09 by spirit_horse]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Good video, clear and concise.
I must point out, did anyone else notice starting at 4:24 that it sounded like the narrator broke out into song?? I must say that had me laughing for quite a while, maybe just my inner child acting up

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
i see you posting a CRUCIAL video for us all to watch, so i ask you, what is your solution?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join