It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2a Today for the USA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
This is a must watch educational film for every American!

Please S & F this as this is one of the most important films at this point in our history. We cannot let our rights be stepped all over.

We are seeing our Constitution disintegrate before our eyes and this is our most cherished right.

And I am quoting here from libertyrevolution.org, but I could not agree more to these very words, "People have been conditioned and manipulated into thinking that those saying we need a Revolution is ANTI Government, when in fact restoring the Constitution and Rule of Law is as PRO American as it gets. Revolution is needed to replace the Tyrannical power hungry criminals who have forgotten their place and what they are supposed to represent , which is the people and the Constitution of the Republic."

I figured I would put this in the survival forum as this is a must have for the Survival of America

To all my Patriots:

-Kdial1

[edit on 22-3-2009 by kdial1]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Nice!

2A is very easy to understand just like all the other amendments.

No need for an army of lawyers and justices to pick apart the word "is" is... the word is means is.

No need to re-examine or analyze anything about it.

Jeepers, perhaps for Obama's characteristic Special Olympics performances in sports. Big words may confuse him.

Reprint 2A in 23 different languages so everyone can try to misunderstand the meaning.

Constitution Engraved

Bill Of Rights...

[edit on 3·22·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Excellent vid and great post!

I don't see how it could be made any clearer.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Pretty cut and dry really.

It is the duty of every US citizen to know the Declaration of Independence and Constitution and what they mean.

If you know it, you will also know when you are being lied to.

How valuable is that!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

If I could give this 100 stars, I would. I am a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment, and the examples throughout history bear out it's importance. The authors of this knew only too well, having lived under tyranny. While I'm at it, allow me to quote what seems like a prophetic statement made years ago, though it could have been make today.
""If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation,
the banks and corporations that will
grow up around them, will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." How did Jefferson know this? These people who came before us had wisdom forged by experience. Don't forget to buy loads of ammo, people, and practice makes perfect.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Thank you for this post.

Well stated, well though out.

Thinking people, whether liberal or conservative, should consider the video true food for thought.

The Constitution is what differentiates America from other countries.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
We are seeing our Constitution disintegrate before our eyes and this is our most cherished right.

I know this is off topic here but I have a question that I have always wondered but never asked.. and don't take this the wrong way plz

Why is it that Americans constantly refer to the Constitution of the US as something special when most western countries have pretty similar constitutions that grant pretty much the same rights to their citizens?
My own country has a similar constitution except with cultural differences but we never refer to or think about ours.. its just a given that people in the free world have these rights... and this kind of constitution was around before the creation of the US.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
There’s only one way to end this unchecked corruption, let the U.S. Federal Puppet Government and its GREEDY Illuminati handlers clearly understand, that we are no longer willing players in their FIXED game of Monopoly.

Passive resistance is our only hope.

Study the extremely effective techniques that Mahatma Gandhi (en.wikipedia.org...) employed against the Illuminati, and begin applying them in your community TODAY!

Awaken your families, neighbors, and communities NOW ….. before it is too late!

Peace on Earth

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

I know this is off topic here but I have a question that I have always wondered but never asked.. and don't take this the wrong way plz

Why is it that Americans constantly refer to the Constitution of the US as something special when most western countries have pretty similar constitutions that grant pretty much the same rights to their citizens?
My own country has a similar constitution except with cultural differences but we never refer to or think about ours.. its just a given that people in the free world have these rights... and this kind of constitution was around before the creation of the US.

I just skimmed over Irelands constitution. I agree the constitutions are alike. But I did not see anything on there about the Right to Bear Arms

If you could point me in the direction of that I would appreciate it.

When I talk about a cherished right for the American people, I am talking about our Right to bear arms. That is what I believe is one of my most cherished rights.

Please know I value every single word of the Constitution, Bill of Rights and Declaration of Independence. These are what make me proud to be an American. There is nothing like them in the world.

-Kdial1

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
In the coming weeks and months its going to be up to very American to really know and understand what they believe and value. This out of control government will remain in an unchecked status until WE THE PEOPLE decide that it is THEM that should be afraid of US. Our constitution is being shredded by doctors and lawyers who are over complicating things to the point that most Americans dont even understand the language they are using anymore, It used to be that our government would try to hide under the cover of darkness when trying to sneak one past the people, but now do it in plain daylight and in plain view. I believe that a revoloution is coming, but I want it to be an American Revoloution instead of a French Revoloution. I fear the latter is what will happen though.

TBone

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I just skimmed over Irelands constitution. I agree the constitutions are alike. But I did not see anything on there about the Right to Bear Arms

If you could point me in the direction of that I would appreciate it.

But thats an amendment to your constitution.. only kidding.

Yes, as I said, pretty similar, the right for all to bear arms is an obvious difference even though my old man has two licensed rifles and a shotgun because he has a license to hunt... big no no on handguns unless you are in the armed security business or are a member of a shooting range.

When I talk about a cherished right for the American people, I am talking about our Right to bear arms. That is what I believe is one of my most cherished rights.

Ah Ok.. thanks for clearing that up

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

I think you're right to cherish the US constitution. It remains one of the first written constitutions & has influenced those of other countries.

It's important to note, however, that much credit for the US Constitution can be attributed to English influence as far back as Magna Carta (1215) for the use of common law, the Bill of Rights (1689) and to the French political theorist Montesquieu.

For reasons unknown the Right to Bear Arms never quite made it back to either England or France ! And the United Kingdom to this day still doesn't have a written constitution, relying instead on written laws and Parliamentary conventions.

It great to see your affection for the US constitution.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
To start off - I also am a firm believer of the right to bear arms to protect one's family, one's own self, and more important then any other right - to prevent a tyrannical government from taking power - To protect one's own people.

Unfortunately, the people of the United States, and the people of this world, have found themselves smack in the middle of a 'Global War on Dictatorship'. Also, we find ourselves in a much more advanced society, which despite our obvious benefits, leaves us quiet vulnerable.

If the 'well regulated militias' had taken up arms against an oppressive government, there was very little to worry about - other then loss of life. Food was generally locally grown and distributed among communities. Every house had a well to get water. Actually, a community generally survived because of the local dependancies of the people within that community. It was its own entity - a well oiled machine. I'm not saying these communities didn't rely on outside help, but they could of made do without it.

Today, is a completely different world. I for one, don't know 99% of the people who live on my block, even though I've lived here all my life. Can I trust my neighbors? What kind of skills do they have? Any firearm/military training? Are they even willing to fight back?

Then you have the whole logistics issue. How much food can I store? How long would civil war last for? For war, you need several things - An able bodies person, which requires food and water and rest. Not to mention a reliable weapon and ammunition, and any other weapon accessories. A weapon, ammunition, and water and generally the easiest things to come by. Food is the killer of armies though, since an army can only move on its stomach.

We all depend on local groceries and supermarkets to get food (or fast food places). If those places stopped getting food and produce shipments, then what? Ok, so you have a 4 month supply of food in your house - what happens after then? CAn you grow your own food on your land? Do you know how hunt?

My main point is this: I am fully ready to fight back - BUT - those who are willing to do something need to understand certain things.

- UNLESS you have a community you can depend on, you and your family are on your own.

- YOU AND YOUR FAMILY will be branded as traitors and enemies of the state.

- YOU MAY HAVE TO LEAVE YOUR HOME, this means leaving your friends/family behind, and possibly, living on the run.

BOTTOM LINE - Because of all the centralized industries that provide our basic living needs (food, water, electricity, etc) and our huge dependencies on them - TAKING ACTION CUTS US OFF.

I seriously doubt local LEOs or Federal Agents are going to care about the reason why you shot officers trying to take your weapons - even if it was to defend your constitutional rights. All there going to take note on is that you just shot an officer/agents, etc.

Will there be allies in Law Enforcement/Military/Federal? Sure, no doubt about that. But if you have high hopes that the officer/agent who shows up to your house after an incident is going to be that ally, I wouldn't hold my breath.

UNTIL THE SYSTEM IS FIXED, YOUR STILL OPERATING IN THE SAME SYSTEM.

Only large groups of well trained, well disciplined, citizens - who are following a structured plan and strategy to REINSTATE THE POWER TO THE PEOPLE will be successful.

This, I fear, is were the people will FAIL. Anything less will feed the need for the NWO to control even more - and to allow there plan to be put into motion even faster.

IT ONLY TAKES 1 MAN WITH A PLAN TO CORRUPT AN ENTIRE GOVERNMENT - Even if it takes hundreds of years to fully implement.

The first step is always the hardest, however. People need to become less dependent on external 'aid' and become more dependent on themselves. How can I get water without the water company? How can I feed my family without a supermarket?

ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES - EVEN POSITIVE ACTIONS!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I don't quite understand something. Not long ago, there was a post regarding a certain senator who introduced a bill to floor which would effectively repeal the 22nd amendment. The posters in the thread, by and large, considered this bill a grievous transgression of their rights. However, the 22nd amendment wasn't ratified until 1951, after F.D.R. became the first president to break precedent and succeed in winning a third term.

So... what's the score here? Is the Constitution a sacred and enshrined document which cannot, should not, be altered or updated? Or should we understand that technology and civilizations progress, and old rules and old methods of ensuring the protection of our rights should be (cautiously) updated to reflect the current state of our society. For example, our society has condemned the practice of slavery and recognized the equality of women. When the constitution was written, slavery was tolerated as a "necessary evil" at best, and at worst justified by the doctrine of the church and a fundamental belief that blacks were "subhuman" - thus not protected by the constitution the way whites were.

So which is it? Should we abolish all amendments to this sacred text after the Bill of Rights, and return to the true roots of the constitution? Or should we understand that the Constitution is not a "one size fits all" document, and that it must, from time to time and with all due caution and consideration, be altered or clarified to suit the needs of the people.

I guess what I'm really getting at here is that, if you want to debate the validity of specific amendments - that's fine. That's healthy. The free exchange of ideas is one of our most essential freedoms to ensure our society remains progressive. However, I do find it rather disturbing the way some Americans refer to our Constitution in their speech with the same reverence normally reserved for scripture. They seem to deify our founding fathers as faultless titans among ordinary men who are unmatched by our frail mortal minds.

The Constitution is not the word of god, and should never be regarded by it's beneficiaries with the same reverence reserved by adherents to scripture, because it is not the final word in the protection of personal liberty. It was merely the next step in the evolution of though and government, a social contract, started by the Greeks and Romans. It was written and ratified by men who harbored the same dispositions towards political treachery, greed, alliances, and filibusters as our current government, and similarly mired in the issues of their day.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
just remember that the founding members of this country were considered terrorists of their time by a tyrannical British government. the second amendment was put in place to prevent what happened to the founding fathers to future generations.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
All i can say is that I can still go down to the good ol' local gun shop and get myself AR-24 9mm. Nobody stopping me. Even if there are need for more checks I can still get that gun. Nobody said I couldnt, nobody is stopping me, nobody has taken any guns from me down the street. If my neighbour gets a raid and his guns are stripped from him because he has been found guilty of armed robbery, or if he just got out of jail for killing his wife or friend and he finds it hard to use his right to bear arms, well he abused that right in my opinion and Id mighty appreciate it that the man doesnt get a hold of those rights he abused again.

Funny how folks cry about the constitution, but when it comes to somebody sexuality or religion most folks here forget their constitutional rights. The 2nd amendment aint going anywhere and in a couples months time when folks on here run out of the whining regarding this there will be some other presumptive constitutional cry out, that will come of nothing as well.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by middleclasssoldier

True, but 'terrorists' back then didn't have to worry about:

- Superior Firepower - full automatic fire, high caliber ammunition, armor peircing rounds, incendiary rounds, radioactive rounds [gotta love those depleted uranium rounds for the 25mm bushmaster], vehicle mounted weapons, aircraft mounted weapons, explosives and demolitions - you get the point. Oh, not to mention Indirect Fire - mortars, artillery, etc.

- Superior Technology - Night Vision, Thermal Imaging, EM imaging, advanced ballistic armor, etc

- Air Support - which includes everything from using helicopters to put soliders on the roof of a building, to using a jet to delivery a precision bomb, to using spy planes to watch enemy movement and gather intelligence.

Back then, a fight meant a musket fight. Today, a fight comes down to who has the bigger guns and/or more backup, and who's better trained.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Most people also don't realize somethings lost, until its long gone.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Halzman

Most people also don't realize somethings lost, until its long gone.

Most people here seem to put more faith over assumptions and ideological fear mongering as opposed to the real facts.

You cant accuse somebody of taking something away from you until they actually take it away from you. Could not be any more clear cut. This second amendment crap has been going on for months. I mean really now.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

The point I'm trying to make is actually some of the best advice I've ever heard from a military sniper - There's nothing more useless then ammunition just out of reach.

Example: A sniper is on a hill top. He has his rifle in his hand, and his ammunition stored in a backpack just a foot away. Suddenly, he comes under fire, and that enemy fire just happens to be between him and his backpack.

Sure, the ammunition is there, and he has his rifle. But unless the ammunition is loaded into his rifle, its absolutely useless.

I personally bought a new rifle a week ago. Went into the gun shop, picked out the rifle, filled out the paperwork, waited for the FBI to clear me, and off I went, back home. That was for a semi-auto .223 carbine.

A pistol on the other hand - locally to have a pistol, its about a 6-12 month wait until your cleared. The argument being its a concealable weapon.

Lets say a new law is put in place that required a 6-12 month wait before you could purchase a rifle. So at this point, no one has taken away your right to own a rifle, you just have to wait.

What if something happens, like ohh, government dictatorship? Ok, grab the gun.... oh yea, I still have 4 months to wait. Gosh... I'll just throw rocks instead - maybe I can fashion a bow and arrow out of PVC.

As I said, there's nothing more USELESS then ammunition JUST OUT OF REACH.

Want another example? Your neighbors house burns down from a fire, that could of been prevented but your neighbors didn't have a fire extinguisher. So, to better prepare yourself, since you don't own any, you buy one and put it in the kitchen - figuring that's the most likely place for a fire.

Through some twist of fate with your basement electrical wiring, a fire starts - your in the basement in another room watching tv - the fire is preventing you from getting upstairs to the fire extinguisher.

You die wishing you had bought more and placed them throughout the house, both upstairs and downstairs. This way, a fire extinguisher, 99% of the time, wont be out of reach.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Halzman]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join