It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accept Your New Chinese Overlords

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So say the US melts down and China tries to cash in on their investment... I, for one, love my country, but would have no problem with the Chinese taking over peacefully. Would you all put up a fight or would you let them?

Let me explain with an analogy...
So you're married or you're dating someone. And you have all these problems with your relationship (relationship is analogous to citizens and their government). It doesn't really matter who you're married to, you will always have these problems. So is the Chinese government really any different than ours? I mean, politically structured, yes, but otherwise, the same problems exist.

Furthermore, we would technically be more of a Chinese colony. It's harder to govern us as a colony. Eventually, years later, we can have a second American revolution against China and start this ridiculous cycle all over again.

But until that day comes, I accept our new Chinese Overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted marketing creative director, I can be helpful in influencing others to toil in their debt repayment camps. Who's with me?!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Avarus

You are on your own Avarus, as far as I'm concerned. Maybe you think your monthly paycheck should be $20-$30; but the rest of us want to make a little more and be free to come and go when and where we want. We also like freedom of speech, and the right to bear guns, as well as many other rights.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

I suppose all of those things will be forfeit when China purchases our country. Although, we do have those nukes somewhere don't we? If push comes to shove, I would anticipate a few ICBMS flying around the sky...

We hit China, China hits us, Russia hits Europe, N. Korea hits S. Korea and Japan, European nations hit Russia... hm, who am I missing?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
We Americans aren't going to let those people who are in office right now give up any of the USA to the Chinese.

Furthermore, there is no need for push come to shove. There is a need for all governments to start dismantling more and more nuclear bombs.

I think dismantling nuclear bombs in consideration for money might be a very good diplomatic move for every country. In other words, the USA owes China a lot of money, so let the USA dismantle more atomic weapons for this money. Hopefully the USA dismantling weapons might start a good diplomatic policy.

China has a problem now though with their one baby per couple policy. They now have 100 million more men in their country than women, and that is not a good thing to have.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Haha, well they're only one flaw in your idea there. If we are dismantling nukes to pay off our debt, then we eventually will have no nukes... In some peoples' eyes, that means we're defenseless.

Why would those who are indebted to disarm? This would just make it easier for them to march over here and take us.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Avarus

Why would you think China would accept a Nuke-for-cash settlement??

China has no interest in war with the US , but at some point will want their investment returned , who wouldn't

The only country on the planet that thinks Nukes are something to

cherish is the US.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

I'm not sure why you posted that question to me, I agree with you. I was simply responding to RussianScientists post. My concern, is when China does want to cash in on their investment, and they find we don't have anything to pay them with... then what? You don't believe they'll be like... "You don't have the money? Ok, no problem. Maybe next time."

Then with a hearty hand shake and may a hug, we'll part ways.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Avarus

My bad , I think your comment about , what happens when there are no more nukes inferred you agree.

As far as China's end game...

Who knows

They are not a "typical" rising economic force, its my own belief that they can swallow a bitter pill if needed.

They will say no to the US ,as far as buying more toxic debt, even at

the expense of losing a market for their goods

They , not so many years ago were a small farm based economy

The Government of China dont have lobby groups to push

%#^% at their own citizens

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

It doesn't exactly work that way. I don't think anybody really thinks nuclear weapons are something to cherish.

I think most people understand that they are a necessary weapon. The US having nuclear weapons guarantees the out come of MAD(Mutually Assured Destruction). If we don't have nuclear weapons then China and Russia can easily point theirs at us and make demands.

As far as the US government giving away our land as collateral, you'd see revolution 2.0 instantly.

The government does not have the authority to give away our land to China, and I don't think many of the people that they employ to quell civil unrest would be on their side.

China would just have to accept the loss, as long as American's have our guns, China's army wouldn't be able to take us.

With an unconventional army of about 80+ million strong all willing to die doesn't sit well with invading forces.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Do your read your own postings?

basically your saying to China: Take our debt , and we wont repay you , and if you want repayment , We Will Kill You

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
They are willingly buying our debt. We aren't shoving it down there throats. As far as I am concerned, I didn't borrow jack from China, or anyone else. The only person I owe money is my friend, since I didn't have enough money to get into the club last night.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Wow, the paranoia is running high, isn't it.

Of course, if Red Dawn happens, I and all the other guys in our neighborhood will be the baddest ass Wolverines ever.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

Yea, I read my own posts. And I didn't say anything of the sorts.

I didn't force China to take our debt, and honestly I wish no ill-will upon them, unless they invade us then I will fight them to the bitter end.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
There are many countries in the past that have gone belly up, and if China or any other country had invested money in them, then they simply lost their money. This could happen with the USA in the future also.

Other countries won't like it, but the slate will have to be wiped clean somehow because there is too much debt to repay.

All countries have too many nukes. Reduction of Nukes and Coal power plants would be nice.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by Seany

unless they invade us then I will fight them to the bitter end.

who was it that said something to the effect of

no way we would invade the U.s. there would be a gun behind every blade of grass..??

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

I'm not sure who said it, but I do know that several of Hitlers people suggested invading America and Hitler was opposed to it because of our heavily armed populous.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Hitler couldn't solve the English Channel

America was not in his sights

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by Seany

unless they invade us then I will fight them to the bitter end.

who was it that said something to the effect of

no way we would invade the U.s. there would be a gun behind every blade of grass..??

That was Admiral Yamamoto during WWII.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Then I fear we will bring about our own demise.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
are just a couple. I think in Texas there was a program, turning in your guns for food, or cash, or something like that.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists

All countries have too many nukes. Reduction of Nukes and Coal power plants would be nice.

So would the existance of santa clause, that's not going to happen either.

Nukes are going nowhere. People in power like power - nukes are the ultimate power on the planet currently, therefore get used to their existence until something more deadly comes along or humans evolve into beings that don't crave power. HINT - that will not happen in any of our lifetimes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join