It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: How the government probed Britain's greatest UFO mystery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Revealed: How the government probed Britain's greatest UFO mystery

www.telegra ph.co.uk

Declassified government files have revealed how Ministry of Defence (MoD) officials launched a top-level probe into a diamond shaped aircraft seen hovering above a Scottish village.

They also overrode rules prohibiting investigations into UFO sightings not considered an immediate threat to national security, and spent more than a year trying to crack the still unexplained mystery.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.stv.tv
www.timesonline.co.uk
www.independent.co.uk
www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I have no more than a layman's passing interest in UFOs and this can hardly be classed as Above Top Secret now "disclosure about the incident is contained in more than 1,000 pages of official documentation, detailing hundreds of UFO sightings between 1987 and 1993, which has been made available publicly at the National Archives in Kew for the first time today."

However, it did peak my interest to see a headline in a "serious" national daily newspaper (The Telegraph) which looks so at home here at ATS.

This story is covered by several newspapers in some depth and with a new seriousness of tone and is interesting for what it reveals about the authorities' apparent confusion over how to screen the public from their UFO investigations. Should be some intriguing material to mull over in those Kew archives.

www.telegra ph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-3-2009 by EvilAxis]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
In my opinion the Brits have always been far more open and level-headed when it comes to discussing the subject of extraterrestrial life, even at the top Government levels.

Admiral Lord Hill Norton of the Royal Navy said it best:

"there is a serious possibility that we are being visited — and have been visited for many years — by people from outer space, from other civilizations; that it behooves us to find out who they are, where they come from, and what they want. This should be the subject of rigorous scientific investigation, and not the subject of rubbishing by tabloid newspapers."
www.topsecrettestimony.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I now find IsaacKoi posted a thread on this about 50 mins earlier, so let's redirect to New release of UFO files in UK - March 2009.

new topics

top topics

join