It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virus Leads To Destruction Of 1-Million Chickens

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I just found this story:

Egg Recall

Organic brown eggs sold at Costco, Safeway and Pack 'n' Save stores have been voluntarily recalled as precaution due to possible Salmonella contamination.

den Dulk Poultry Farms in Ripon, California says the recall was issued after it was determined that the eggs in question tested positive for Salmonella during an internal investigation by the farm. No know illnesses have been reported in connection with these eggs.

The recalled eggs were distributed to Costco, Safeway and Pack 'n' Save in Northern California as far south as Fresno and western Nevada.

The Costco recalled eggs were sold as Kirkland Organic Brown Eggs. They are packaged in 18 count cartons.

Source: Egg

[edit on 21-3-2009 by tsrk30]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
Honestly, it is because of things like this - that made me go Vegetarian.

I always have such a freak-out when I hear about contaminated food. It has honestly made me so paranoid about the food that I eat.

Well, don't forget about recent problems with produce. Last year was bad for tomatoes, and green onions at the least. E-Coli problems if I recall correctly. Then there was the peanut butter problem just a couple of months ago, salmonella!

Scary, isn't it? It isn't just meat that is a problem.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Eating locally farmed produce from farmers that I know and trust ( and my aunt who has tomatoes and lettuce), and my from my mother's garden (when I'm home to see her) - helps to counteract that. Only a few more weeks before she starts up again.

I'm well aware of the Ecoli in the Spinach recall last year, and the other issues.

I'm a lot more paranoid about a lot more things then people might realize.

Food is a major point of paranoia for me. I'm paranoid about the Vegetables I eat too, which is why I am very selective and careful about where I purchase them from. Yes it costs me a little more, but like I said, I'm paranoid lol.

- Carrot

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

I hear you on this. I grow my own gardens each year, and put a lot away to use throughout the winter months. I've already got seeds started for this year.

It's nice you have other sources you can trust for the things you like to eat!

I have phobias about food, also! People tell me all the time I am the pickiest eater they have ever seen!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

LOL. Me too. I'm the worst person to go shopping with. I read labels, avoid the center aisles, and am extremely picky about where food comes from. I eat out at restaurants once in a while, but I don't see how people can LIVE off of that food.

The peanut scare (a month or so ago) scared the crap out of me, as I consume nuts and stuff for protein. Most of it was from the Health Food store, and the Local Farmer's market - so I was pretty safe. But the trail mix and such I bought from the grocery store went straight into the garbage.

I've been slowly working back into the nuts.

- Carrot

Edit: Good luck with your garden
That certainly helps when YOU know what you're eating and where it has come from.

[edit on 3/22/2009 by CA_Orot]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Has anyone heard any more information on this?

I would like to know more about how it is coming along, if it is spreading or anything.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by interestedalways]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join