It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We should let the failing banks fail.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Failing banks are failing for a reason. I want to see the failing banks fail. I knew that it was bad when we were all rushing to help the banks because we couldn't do without them but it is turning out that they are more of a hazard to us than a helper. We need to get rid of them so we can stop handing out these bailouts and then we can continue business as usual. I would like to see the corrupt banks destroyed and the successful ones come out of this crisis. I wan the free market to work itself. We need good banks. Not corrupt ones. The reason these banks are failing is because their policies aren't sound. The bad ones need to be weeded out and the good ones need to come through. Let the market work itself... I am sick and tired of these idiots wasting our money and plus they're now suing us WITH OUR TAX DOLLARS. Just let them fail.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The part that makes you go hmmm...is that they are choosing which banks they want to fail and supplying the other banks with resources to buy up the other banks.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well ofcourse we should let them fail. That is capitalism. If I open a restaurant and run into the ground the government isn't going to give me a hand out, they are going to say: "You should have run your business better" give a slap and the bum and send me home.

Actually bailing out banks is in direct conflict with the ideologies of Capitalism. If you do well you get rich, if you don't you get shut down. We are rewarding failed business plans and crooked CEO's for getting us into this mess.

If I were the one deciding these things, any bank that received a bailout would be required to fire their entire managment team and replace them, or completely restructure the company to run faster and more efficiently.

It's very sad they actually think that throwing money at this problem is gonna make it go away. It's just postponing the inevitable.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
exactly. but this is not an economy any more. it is more poker now.
and they are playing in their own name but with our money. these banks will collapse sooner or later. as well as the whole system. but this is not a issue any more. they want to get some time to finish the game. that is all about.

we always loose. but they can still win a lot.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Banks fail every year. If the bank is managed poorly, makes bad loans, and can't collect, then they lose money, that's the way a free market works.
I am a responsible, working class guy, who has very little debt, because I try to pay my credit cards off every month. But due to the stimulus plan, and the bail out plans, I am paying for the 8% of irres;ponsible people who lied about their incomes in order to get homes they couldn't pay for.
If a business can't make it, let it fail. If an individual can't make, then he or she needs to turn to friends, or bootstrap, rather than turn to the government.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I agree and F$#@ all the people who have money in those banks X's 100

Then we can wait for the FDIC to pay back all the lost money

So smart!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
You dont teach a child or a dog by reinforcing bad habits so why should we treat organizations comprised of grown adults any different? That is my primary beef with this whole thing because if we act suprised say 10 years down the road when it happens all over again then we deserve whatever hardships happen; you cant let bad habit be reinfoced as acceptable and then expect different from the student.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
yeah but if we allow banks to fail imagine all the american people who credit would have to be wiped clean. The government does'nt want that keeping us in Debt by convincing us to buy crap that we don't need with money we don't have is how they enslave us! If large portions of American's where free of debt it would ruin their plans!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
If you are failing, do the banks come bail you out?

It wouldn't be prudent, that would be their response!

Should the government, or worse yet the FED which is a privately held corporation ; be able to print 150% more money, which the sole value of is the ability to buy existing assests.

Which means they watered down your savings and the value of what you own to 25% of it's former dollar value when the money reaches circulation and is used to buy up all those nasty bad assetts. Like your home!

Bankers love it when people are so easy!

top topics

join