It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird, Was I Just Targeted?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosis111
reply to post by Tyr Sog

Well, I guess my wife and I would fit into you "trendy" categorie. We are fit, well dressed, attractive, and 2 inches away friom joing a militia! Well maybe not that close, but we both support Ron Paul, believe 911 to be inside job, believe FED is controlled by world elite as well.

We don't all have to be flanel wearing Grizzly Adams wannabes do we?

No not at all! Actually when not sporting the beard(wife thinks it's damn sexy though lol) and when I'm not in grungy work clothes I'd probably fit more in to the trendy/casual category. My wife for sure.

It's just that the conversation really caught me off guard and her rant was really over the top. Something that I have never heard and if I was to profile this couple would have been the last couple in that store I would have picked to hear this from. So yes, I'm quilty of stereotyping lol.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by guinnessford
Yes, thats the whole thing that makes it seem like this woman was reaching.
But some people enjoy big bangs. im not sure if the op is from a large city, or out in big country, where you could get away with making "boom" toys in the wilderness for fun.
Hopefully, its nothing where he is being checked out, or even worse, set up.
Keep in touch, that way if we dont see you around, we have an idea what happened....

I'm about 3-4 miles north of Detroit. All city living.

My wife and I went out to dinner last night and I told her the story. She kinda laughed and brought up a good point. I am in there nearly every other day trying to catch a ammo delivery. She mentioned what if the store had some face recognizing system or if the clerks are told to alert the authorities for questionable behavior. I just can't see how browsing a store merchandise can be considered suspecious. Even if it was daily. I can't see the store have a face recognizing system unless it was a trial store and funded by the feds.

I'd like to think the woman was just overzealous in her beliefs. Unfortunally if what was in my OP was some of her views, I'd think she'd be informed enough not to state those opinions in public.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
It could be anything, and she could be anyone. You never know...

She could've been just expressing her radical views, and looking for someone to listen to her. Or, she could have been checking out the store's patrons and looking to see if you agree with her.

You never know, but there are some things you just don't say to strangers in public. I would label her "knowledge" as one of these things...

For the record, I am someone you would probably be surprised at seeing in a Firearms store... You'd also be surprised if you saw me on the gun-range. Appearances can be misleading for sure, but don't judge a book by it's cover.

She might have just been an avid gun collector who could pop a grouping of 5cm at 100 yards... You never know.

- Carrot

Yes, great points and I know stereotyping is bad. Especially being that I shoot with a lot of friends who you wouldn't think would shoot.

Again, I'ts just that she caught me off guard. She took a friendly chitchat about guns to the next level(well way beyond lol). You're certainly right though. She may have just been on a self high knowing her man was about to buy a semiauto ak47. From first hand experiences I know that high and the excitment can certainly make one over friendly.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Tyr Sog

Oh, man...
will you send me some "buddy's" pizza?
Or skip over to hamtramck for some local-made polish sausage??
I love michigan
i was born in boston, my girls parents are from the uppa u.s., and some of my friends have relatives there too.
i try to swing up that way every year in the summer.
But i think we all have a point in this one, the message is dont judge, and never let your guard down

top topics

<< 1   >>

join