It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Radio Advert - Expose your neighbour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
i was listening to a football programme on my radio and during an ad-break an advert came on from the government encouraging people to tell on their nieghbours and community if they notice any suspicious behaviour...

The advert features examples of possible successful cases such as those below, and has been on for each ad break during the show.

''this is the sound of a night club not exploding because someone called suspecting a neighbour was storing chemicals that could make a bomb''

and

''this is the sound of a busy shopping centre not exploding as a call alerted us to someone studying the cctv cameras''

below is a tv add targeting all people to get the number and keep it just incase.

www.youtube.com...

i dont think i need to post my thoughts on this, but the term 'Nazi Germany' comes to mind... I'd like to open it up to the ATS community and get other peoples thoughts.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I wonder if the switchboard could become jammed from calls when people notice car loads of suspicious charactors arriving at the Bilderberger gathering and report suspicious activities.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Funny, I listen to alot of radio and watch quite a bit ofd TV across multiple channels, yet have not encountered any such adverts at all.

What stations are these on?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Make sure to call during the G20 saying you're suspecting all the "foreigners" may be up to something!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
the adverts are on radio city and city talk... both Liverpool based stations... ive not seen the youtube one on TV but i was searching for the radio advert and found it so thought id add it.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
And there was me thinking this thread was about my neighbours complaining I'd been wandering around the garden naked again ......

Haven't heard these ads, but I never listen to commercial radio and rarely watch much TV other than the cricket on Sky Sports (let alone notice the adverts). However, I often use Spotify toi listen to music at work and they were running some similar ads last week about saving energy "This is the sound of someone saving money by not filling a kettle to the top" (or words to that effect).

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
These kind of adverts encouraging neighbours to snitch on their fellow neighbours have been broadcast for quite some time now usually targeting benefit thieves. I find it most amusing that at a time that government policy has caused millions to become unemployed while prices continue to soar, that those in power should chose to spend more of the tax payers money chasing the unemployed who try to earn a few extra pounds to attempt to feed and cloth their families and pay their inflated bills. Meanwhile the MPs are claiming hundreds of thousands of pounds on their expense accounts!!!
Proof, if ever it was needed, that our governments, especially the British government, have really got it in for us.
I eagerly await the revolution.

top topics

join