It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prayer Science

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
The other day i was writing how science cant put a value on God in any way.

My friend showed me an old newspaper the other day with an article all about scientists prooving that prayer doesnt work.

Basically what they had done was got many different religions to form many prayer groups all over the world. To pray for many random critically ill patients. Also a normal of randomly selected critical patients as well who werent prayed for.

Of course the out come was that there was no significant difference between the ones prayed for and the ones not prayed for therefore prooving that prayer doesnt work ..... apparently.

But if i was God why would i let my self be tested?
How could you put a value on the effectiveness of Gods answer to prayer if God is infinite?
Also why would the God of a true religion listen to prayers of another religion?

What do you think? Do you think this was a waste of time,

D

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I personally think such a test is a waste of time. I myself am a Christian and practising so I have my beliefs. Besides that, a test like that just doesn't seem to really prove that prayer doesn't work. I know my reason sounds a bit dodgy but the "experiment" itself just sounds a bit childish.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Why childish?

If it had've shown any sort of trend towards the prayer sample you know as well as I do religious groups would spout on about it for ever and a day.

The simple problem is religion is based on belief. Thus there are far too many loopholes for science to be applied to it. The prime example is this from the first post.

But if i was God why would i let my self be tested?

Belief has an answer for everything

D

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Thats a good way of puting it, didn't think of it that way. Just a bit out of confusion are you agree, disagreeing or just finding some middle ground on this?

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
music playing in background:
Mago de Oz - Molino de Viento
I strongly suggesting purchasing a copy of The Power of Your Subconcious Mind by Dr. Joseph Murphy

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
i believe that god help whoever help themselves. if i pray for a million dollars and sit home playing video games all day, of course i wont the money. but if i go to school, work hard a get a well paying job, then i am getting somewhere. human have more power then they think they have.

or i can just win the lotto

top topics

join