It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FRACTAL TIME: The Secret of 2012 and a New World Age

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
FRACTAL TIME: The Secret of 2012 and a New World Age
by Gregg Braden

"The human race is at a unique turning point. Will we choose to create the best of all possible worlds?" -Scientific American (September 2005)

In Fractal Time: The Secret of 2012 and a New World Age, New York Times best-selling author Gregg Braden merges the modern discoveries of nature's patterns (fractals) with the ancient view of a cyclic universe. The result is a powerful model of time—fractal time—and a realistic window into what we can expect for our lives, and for our world, as we approach 2012—the end of the current World Age cycle—and beyond. We have the opportunity to choose our future. Can we create a new epoch of peace, cooperation, and healing?

"Now is the first time we have the understanding, the need, and the technology to reach into the realm of all possibilities and choose the kind of future that will arise from the chaos of the present."

Watch this video of Gregg as he describes his ideas in Fractal Time. promos.hayhouse.com...

Find out more... buy Fractal Time and learn how our time in history may be a pivotal "Choice Point" for our future.

promos.hayhouse.com...

"We're living the completion of a 5,125 year-long cycle of time—a world age—that the ancient Maya calculated would end with the winter solstice on December 21, 2012."

"Our ancestors recorded their experience of the last "end of time," showing beyond a reasonable doubt that the close of one world age is the beginning of the next, and not the end of the world."

"New discoveries show that we can think of time as an essence that follows the same rhythms and cycles that govern everything from particles to galaxies."

"We can think of the things that happen in time as places within cycles—points that can be measured, calculated, and predicted."

"If we know where we are in a cycle, then we know what to expect when it repeats."

Gregg proposes that it's these cycles of time that create the events of our everyday world, which carry two powerful implications: (1) The cycles of time account for everything from the way we age to our patterns of relationships, and even the wars between nations. (2) Each returning cycle carries a window of opportunity—a choice point—that allows us to select a new outcome for the patterns of the past.

"Along with the repeating cycles that make the conditions possible, each cycle also contains choice points, moments when change seems to come easier and be most effective. So while the themes of global war, personal betrayal, and peace themselves may be set into the timeline, the outcome for each of these specific themes is not. As is the case with all of human experience, it's what we do with the condition presented to us that dictates the next phase of our lives."

Because of our unique time in history—with our current scientific models and our knowledge of the ancient prophecies—we now have the ability to see what is before us, recognize the possibilities for ourselves and our world, and affect our future in a conscious way.

"We literally have the power to create a beautiful new world... Our ability to understand and apply the 'rules' of Fractal Time holds the key to our deepest healing, our greatest joy, and our survival as a species."

promos.hayhouse.com...

--------------------------

Looks interesting. Just putting it out there. Haven't read it myself, but the idea of historic cycles giving rise to a new age, makes sense.

What we've been doing and the way we've been functioning, is no longer workable. One world is coming to replace the old, outmoded worldview.

I believe we may be approaching a new way of seeing and experiencing reality, wherein the concept of "the end of time" will make increasingly more sense.

When we enter into an eternal realm of co-creation with God, then time no longer has any meaning, and neither does death itself.

Everything is what it is, and that's the way it always was and will be. The spirit of the living God is the alpha and the omaga, the first, and the last.

Reconciled, we are one with the spirit.

In my view, it's an exciting time to be a Christian, unless you are a fundamentalist literalist Christian - for them, there will be difficulty, but likewise will there be difficulty for those who do not recognize the value of the Christian message, and who, spiritually, may not be able to reconcile their innermost being with the new spiritual reality, which will involve timeless oneness, something that an unreconciled sinner in separation from the source, will find unnerving, particularly at the moment that there is no longer a choice, having been overcome by the spirit of God. For them, it will be like seeing everyone else sharing in an immense joy, and great merriment and laughter, having been included in a type of comic joke, which they will not get, and that will only further harden their hearts, as their sense of humour and capacity to laugh at themselves and, in particular at the devil within, bleeds away... very frightening it will be for many. "And there will be weaping and wailing and gnashing of teeth."

Imagine the terror of the coming of the kingdom of heaven, if you are left on the outside looking in as someone who does not and cannot "get it", and for whom, even by the time you may begin to understand, realize that you missed it - that a cosmic door had opened, and many who entered are partying, and that you missed the party.

This is what I see, and I liken myself a type of modern day prophet.

Therefore, be prepared. Make sure that your lamp is filled with oil (spirit within) and that you are ready for the coming of the spirit of the living God, which will not come from any particular direction, but from everywhere and all at once.

If you have not done so, it would be a good time to re-read the New Testament with an eye on the notion that we may indeed be in the very end times, right now.

God Bless,

OP

[edit on 21-3-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I like Greg Braden, but no man should know the time. Besides, he already said/wrote in "Awakening at Zero" to which he put the numbers (the cycle) where Christ appeared to now: it broke down that Christ appeared 99% the way through this cycle, roughly 2,000 years ago, whatever that is divisible by or whatever....

But that was a while ago when I read that book, so the details are sketch.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
This has been known to Indian mystics and Vedic philosophers for thousands of years. It is in all the writings, the ages of man.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
To use an analogy, think of the emergence of the first flowers on earth, then liken those flowers, to the human soul at the end/beginning of this next cycle, and that's extraordinary, it is the great work of all ages in fact.

The second coming is something both innerant and trasncendant, something both very old and very new.

I believe, personally, that it is critically important at this juncture, to form an authentic I-thou relationship with God as higher power, and to love God with everything you've got, and neighbor as self.

Then, as children of God, as children of the eternal kingdom of light and love, we may pass into adolescence - some of us...

I do not believe in a physical rapture, but I am convinced that many will be "left behind".

What for some will come as overwhelming joy, will come to others equally so as utter terror as there will be nowhere left to hide, and nor will we be able to hide from one another any more.

We will all be "found out".

Therefore, best to step out into the light while the choice remains.. that is my admonition. I myself can do better, and must try harder, and the work? Recieve what God has freely given, and give to others likewise.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
"And the meek shall inherit the earth" (historical causaation/manifestation)

The time has come to turn off the T.V. for starters, and focus on love, love of God above all and neighbor as self, which means love of self as God loves us, since you cannot give what you don't have, and whatever we lack is made up in spades by God who envelopes us with Love.

It's pretty simple and straightforward, but it does require leaving the habitual and the familiar, and our addictions and attachments, and accepting the invitation, an invitation to a great Wedding Reception, between the bride (spirit of man) and the bridegroom (spirit of God).

Very simple. Simple, but not so easy, but the more of us who step forth with courage and just do it, the easier it will be for everyone else to also follow.

"And as my father hath sent me, even so send I you."

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I heard the interview the other night on C2C with Gregg Braden. Nearly all of his research into 'fractal time' came from Terence McKenna's work in the idea of an overlapping fractal depth in time and novelty, yet he never mentioned McKenna, Timewave Zero, Novelty Theory, and yet these laid the groundwork for nearly everything Braden spoke about on the show.

I'm all for getting these ideas out to more and more people, and I don't really care who gets the info out, but he really needs to give credit where credit is due.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Yeah, he definitely based his work on McKenna and Jenkins (Mayan Calendar), along with Chaos or Complexity Theory.

In terms of Novelty and Chaos Theory, it could be said that we are approaching a "strange attractor" or a superdeterministic event horizon, what Pierre Tilliard du Chardin termed the "OmegaPoint" (my monicur). It's a bifurcation in complexity, which will involve, inevitably, a breakdown, as one system or way of being falls away, and a breakthrough at a higher level of order, as the new comes "from above".

I am convinced that in this instance, it involves the psycho-spiritual evolution of man who presides at the apex of the six kingdoms of life, and, if modern science is accurate in its depiction of the universe as a non-localized transluminally interdependant holographic phenomenon - then, if man is the "new kid on the block" so to speak - at the very apex of cosmic evolution itself.

"All of creation groans in travail for the revelation of the sons of God"

So it represents "a new heaven, and a new earth", where the distinction resides in the realm of increasing conscious awareness or spiritual growth in mankind.

What is the purpose - Love. God will remain well beyond our understanding. However, in Love it IS possible to EXPERIENCE God.

Everything was made by and for the son. I am in the son and the son lives in me. Therefore, everything was made FOR me, and for us, be CAUSE of Love.

Love is the first/last cause, the alpha and omega of existence. And God is love.

And so if you know this - then there is nothing to fear.

If you do not know how to love, then you need to have a breakdown, and dig until you find it, no matter what the cost.

I see so many people without it. Their hearts, their vital spirit, is dead, and they are therefore dead. "Come with me, and leave the dead to bury their dead."

Be alive in love. It's better to be a fool, and to live, than to die out of fear and the unwillingness to be and become a fully self expressed human being and child of God.

It's very serious. The time IS coming.. don't let it pass you by.

Mere "knowledge" isn't going to cut it either when the time comes, because it's experiencial in nature. Something to be LIVED, beyond words, beyond theories. To "get it" we'll have to be totally open and receptive, to what is entirely NOVEL. There is nothing familiar that can prepare us for the unfamiliar. It's a quantum leap, but it's safe, because the next level of order is infinately better than what is left behind. Also, it's totally natural - does a seed rebel at breaking apart and becoming a shoot..?

Our Deepest Fear
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
is the OP a jehovah's witness perchance? no offence meant at all, just that your choice of words sounds like they're taken from watchtower..

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
No not at all. Not JW. I'm more of a philosopher and a scientifically minded person in fact, than I am "religious".

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Terence McKenna "Time Acceleration" (Video)

media.abovetopsecret.com...

And if you liked that, listen to this one

2012 Novelty Theory

www.youtube.com...

That about everything this man is saying makes perfect sense to me, is, in and of itself absurdly synchronistic. Listening to him gives me acid flashbacks from my highschool days in the 80's!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
I heard the interview the other night on C2C with Gregg Braden. Nearly all of his research into 'fractal time' came from Terence McKenna's work in the idea of an overlapping fractal depth in time and novelty, yet he never mentioned McKenna, Timewave Zero, Novelty Theory, and yet these laid the groundwork for nearly everything Braden spoke about on the show.

I'm all for getting these ideas out to more and more people, and I don't really care who gets the info out, but he really needs to give credit where credit is due.

If he makes no mention of McKenna in his book "Fractal Time" and is instead claiming the model his own invention, then he deserves no respect

Terence McKenna (1946—2000) studied the ontological foundations of Shamanism and the Ethnopharmacology of spiritual transformation for the past quarter century. An innovative theoretician and spellbinding orator, Terence emerged as a powerful voice for the psychedelic movement during the 1980's and 1990's. He appeared on many underground radio shows and alternative news sources discussing the emergent societal tendency that he called The Archaic Revival. Poetically dispensing enlightened social criticism and new theories of the fractal dynamics of time, Terence deobfuscated many aspects of the visionary lexicon, and then some. As Artist Alex Grey suggests, "In the twilight of human history, McKenna's prescription for salvation is just so crazy it might work." Terence McKenna joined the ancestors at 2:15 a.m. Pacific time, April 3, 2000. He went on his way in peace surrounded by loved ones.
www.sacredmysteries.com...

new topics

top topics

join