It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeah...so that strange star

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Well I saw it...I was outside of a wendy's having a smoke and I noticed a really bright star or planet and I was thinking in my head ok its venus. Because it really did look like venus. This is the crazy part, I saw it completely disappear in a matter of seconds. So fast that as I was exclaiming "wow!" my buddy turn around and it was gone. I figured ok clouds went over it but then I looked around at the sky and noticed there were no clouds at all. The object was facing north so it was NOT venus. Before you go telling me it was Sirius it wasn't, plain and simple. While i'm no astronomer I know what Sirius is, looks like, and how to find it.

as it was "disappearing" it did look like it was moving ever so slightly. but I really do think that was some sort of optical thing because nothing moving has that bright of a light. And IF it did I surely would not be able to see it as it would be high up with no illumination. It was as if a really bright star just dimmed out in 3 seconds.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Maybe a Airplane with it's front running/landing light on?

When coming straight at you they are quite bright and disappear fast as the plane banks away from you...

Notice any red/green/ect blinking nav lights?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
OMG OMG....

I saw this last night!!!

Im not kidding. I wanted to come posts, but so many thoughts went though my mind, I had no proof, I had nothing really to offer to a thread accept I saw this unexplainable weird light, I contemplated, and decided not to post.

I am SOOO glad someone else saw this. I have been following Venus for 6 months. I knew the moment I saw it that it was in the wrong location for Venus. It looked just like Venus though!!! Popping right out of the sky, soo bright, like it could of fell from the sky that moment...and as soon as I was aware of all of these things, it began to dim. The location of my sighting was right in the middle of the north star and the big dipper. I always go outside and first see the big dipper, for its always the most obvious thing in the night sky to me. I looked at my usual spot, and saw what you are describing.

Im not one to rant and rave about such things. But it was really weird for me, I watch the stars every night...Ive even been one of those posters on the other 'bright star' threads telling everyone that what they were seeing was NOT a UFO or Nibiru, because of what they described, western sky, brightest star in the sky ect ect.....I knew Venus well, this was not freaking Venus. Do you know what time, exactly mabey when you saw this?

I actually, just before I came on ATS....was just outside, I went to look for it again. I did not see it and it was much later tonight when I went out.

Just to give some location info out there....I live in Alabama.

Im shocked, this sounds like exactly what I saw...but last night.

Im psyched, you made my day
LV

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It could have been the space station

Strangely enough i also saw something like that a few days ago, I'm from New Brunswick Canada. I thought it was Jupiter or Mars at first, but then it started to slowly move, then stop, then move, then it took off upwards in a flash of light. I was told the space station was also visible that night, but i don't think that the space station is that bright in the sky?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I would love to get info to put together. If it was the space station...would the location of both sightings and the time match up.

What I saw also dimmed in a few seconds...it didnt go up or down or left or right, it was like the OP described, like a optical illusion almost. Ill have to find out some info about those space stations.

It was just as bright as the Venus that was so bright earlier this month....it was super bright, what I saw anyways.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Yes, like seanizle says, it was most likely something in orbit, perhaps the ISS, but its more likely you caught a flare from a satellite, which can be very bright (even more so than Venus). An "Iridium flare" would be a good candidate since they occur frequently.

If you go to www.heavens-above.com... and enter your location, you can see what was visible at the time.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Ya I'm not sure if we witnessed the same thing, I am assuming that i witnessed a UFO (Unidentified Flying Object) although the speeds it took off at are nothing that i think we on earth could replicate. Not to poison this thread with UFO talk, but there have been more and more people around the world reporting larger UFO's, like the battleships you see in star wars. I am not saying that is what you saw, just throwing the idea out there, I would assume that it was the space station, but you never know.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seanizle

I dont know what it was. I am totally open. I have watched the stars every night for 2 yrs now....I have never seen nothing like this. I have seen lights that seem to move, disappear, this was just so bright and left the sky so fast. Like it went forward at supper speed or like a illusion. I dont think it was a space station, but Im willing to entertain the idea thinking that proof will show its not.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
What you are discribing, is the same thing me and my friend next door saw hanging in the sky last summer.
We were out watching the sky, and I was telling her how many strange things I had been seeing since I started paying attention. And even said, "I hope you get to see what I have been talking about".
And about 2 minutes later, this dot of light appeared out on nowhere, got brighter/bigger and then it just faded away to nothing. Needless to say, I was jumping up and down because, finally somebody else has seen it too.
She was stunned. We started calling everyone we knew.
Another thing I remember about that night is there was alot of "survalance planes going back and forth above Indy that night. I think I counted nine of these damn planes crisscrossing the sky and then this light.... It was crazy. Just don't sit there. LOOK UP!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Hey Leovirgo it really does sound like we saw the same thing...same area of the sky too. Honestly i've seen the space station enough times and its not that bright. Iridium flare sounds plausiable although I don't know what an iridium flare looks like. This object had me feeling like I was crazy as I was the only one who saw it. It was around 9-9:45 eastern time looking north.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Zosocoda I saw an unnatural amount of planes yesterday. About five minutes after it disappeared there was one of those surveillance planes you were talking about.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Okay, I saw one about a week and a half ago. I was walking my daughter back from her Nannys house and we were looking up at the stars, as I am trying to teach her early. She noticed a star and pointed it out to me, she is only 3. We watched it for about 10 minutes b/c it was very bright, but not the north star. I ran in the house with her to grab a drink and a smoke and when we went back outside the star was gone. No clouds, and it was not a sat. nor a plane.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I dunno boyz and girlz, has anyone watched that video of the UFO's crossing over the moon? I have a feeling there is something going on in space that Never A Straight Answer isn't telling us about.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I can tell where exactly I saw my sighting. The two stars that are the end of the ladle of the big dipper point to the North star. It was directly inbetween this line. If you drew a line from the end of the ladle stars, they point at the North star. The light I saw was smack dab in the middle of this line up.

I look up on that site that was given on the flares here is the link to the last 48 hours of flares.

www.heavens-above.com...

Like I said, I live in north east Alabama....and it never moved up or down or sideways...it dimmed out of sight, right where it started. I didnt feel like it moved at all, just dimmed out of sight. If someone can configure the times and locations and see if there was anything that could of been that bright , in that location, and gone in a few seconds.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Yep..

Here around dallas.

Its about 240" west at about 45"up (roughly with a lensatic compas).

Its the Comet Empire and I am there Leader!!!!!

(ok. seriously)

Yeah, Jupiter/Venus my butt. Sirius? Seriously! I have seen it move and disappear and do all the weird crap in the EXACT WAY THAT STARS/PLANETS DONT! (god, I feel like I'm in a hitchhikers guide movie!)

Also, This thing (according to someone "in the know" on one of these threads) was supposed to be gone by now.

I am going on a limb here (but hey, look where we are ATS):

Weird how all this insanity with the fed and suck is going on at this same time. Just putting that out there.
gotta laugh or I'll cry!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I have figured what I saw was inbetween the hours 8 and 9, Central time.

Im just really gald someone else saw something like this at the same location...its kinda comforting. Not saying it was the same, but I feel it was, or of same origin....I dont know, it was really wild.

Happy Spring Equinox everyone...mabey its coming in with a bang.

LV

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by zosocoda
What you are discribing, is the same thing me and my friend next door saw hanging in the sky last summer.
We were out watching the sky, and I was telling her how many strange things I had been seeing since I started paying attention. And even said, "I hope you get to see what I have been talking about".
And about 2 minutes later, this dot of light appeared out on nowhere, got brighter/bigger and then it just faded away to nothing. Needless to say, I was jumping up and down because, finally somebody else has seen it too.
Another thing I remember about that night is there was alot of "survalance planes going back and forth above Indy that night. I think I counted nine of these damn planes crisscrossing the sky and then this light.... It was crazy. Just don't sit there. LOOK UP!

I know how it feels when somebody else sees it too

I got a video of a white-blue star like ufo that i shot sunday.
It wasn't the space station or iridium flare.Not on heavens above.
You gotta check it,maybe has resemblance to what you've seen.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by zosocoda

I know how it feels when somebody else sees it too

I got a video of a white-blue star like ufo that i shot sunday.
It wasn't the space station or iridium flare.Not on heavens above.
You gotta check it,maybe has resemblance to what you've seen.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

What I saw also dimmed in a few seconds...

That's exactly what I saw the other night. But in my case I was outside waiting for it. The ISS flew over - as bright as Venus - then as it passed nearly overhead it turned red and quickly faded, as it passed into Earth's shadow.

You can enter your lat and long and see exactly when the ISS is due over your house here:

www.heavens-above.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

HIya...

Ive been playing around with that site you mentioned.
I put in my cords and Im not sure if I did it right. It showed the ISS over the ocean. There I didnt see a place to put the date in that I was looking for. So can I get the position of the ISS 4 days ago for my cords?

The object I saw, never moved. It didnt seem to 'pass' at all. It was stationary. If that object I saw was to move slowly over the sky dome, it would be a spectacular site.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join