It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian planes again fly over U.S. Navy ships

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Russian planes again fly over U.S. Navy ships

www.cnn.com

"The Russian aircraft flew about 500 feet over the ship, lower than other flights the Russians have made over U.S. ships in the past year."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.upi.com
blogs.abcnews.com

[edit: title to same as source]
Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Bogus Hype]

[edit on 3/20/09 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I am a NAVY vet. i have served aboard the USS Vincenness from NOV 2000 to NOV 2004. Russian migs used to fly over us all the time while deployed and nobody gave it a second thought. i even heard about the ship being on liberty in a russian port. we also encountered chineese ships. the officers chatted with them on the radio in engrish. we also ran joint excerces and close abroad manuvers.
the tension you feel when you read about russian flyover scares is unfounded in my opinion. any indication that our two countrys are in contest is a complete fabrication and utter bogus hype. do not trust the media. it has been infected.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/20/09 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Well it helps the west build up its arms, that is about all it does. Though i do think nato is a threat to russia, the west have something dodgy going on.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I could not agree more.

More fear mongering from the media to keep Americans on their toes; just in case Bin Laden and the BoogeyMan show up with Russia, Iran and China to nuke Washington and require more American rights to be taken away.

Gotta love fear mongering from news sources that somehow are still trusted by their public! Starred and flagged!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The best part is when check the picture of the airplane ( Ilyushin IL-38 maritime patrol aircraft)... so menacing

i2.cdn.turner.com...

photos.upi.com...

[edit on 20/3/09 by blackcube]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcube
The best part is when check the picture of the airplane ( Ilyushin IL-38 maritime patrol aircraft)... so menacing

i2.cdn.turner.com...

photos.upi.com...

[edit on 20/3/09 by blackcube]

That thing of the back looks like our sub hunting planes. We need to cut through the enormous wave of fear mongering. It's bad enough as it is and its bad for every country. We just have to suck it up and play nice.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Oh heavens no!

4 engine turboprops passing over our Aircraft Carriers!

Remind me, since when is America entitled to the unbridled control of the Earth's free skies?

With the amount of ships and planes the US and Russia have out there, these things happen.

Holy crap, it's going to get to the point where if Russia starts testing a new pair of military binoculars the MSM is going to have a sh*t-fit and start yapping about impending doom.

A 650km/h IL-38 is not a threat. It's a flying scrapyard that presents a nice, big radar cross section for an aircraft carrier's CWIS system.

If the Russians really wanted to sink a carrier they'd send in Tu-22Ms or Blackjacks.

People need to get a sense of perspective here. It's like trying to a kill a rat with a paper balls.

These IL-38's were probably delivering food supplies to Sakhalin Island for all we know.

[edit on 21/3/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

top topics

join