It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will we know what to believe when so called '2012' events occur?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I am very concerened about this. Many rumours have surfaced about 2012/2013. But i am worried as to how will we know what is real and what is fake? If the so called blue beam project is true, then what if we are believing something hat is fake? Many proposed contactees such as Alex Collier speak of 2012/2013, and for those who believe it, if something does occur, how will anyone know if it is real or not?

One thing i am fairly confident about, is that if it is down to a NWO, it will not happen in 1012. Too many people are clued in about it and it would be to much of a coinsidence.

These are worrying times I feel.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I agree with you. So much is out there that it is hard to try to even get a gameplan together for what exactly to prepare for. Alien invasion, pole shift, asteroid collision, world economic collapse??? the list keeps growing daily. I spoke to my mom about this awhile back and she said we will just know when the real time to leave would be. She said observe others around you and their actions to help judge the severity of an issue. I worry that by doing that I may wait to late to react. It all seems so overwhelming that I can understand why people choose to ignore the warnings as you feel useless to really control any of these problems. And I wonder if survival is really even possible if some of these predictions actually happen.
What is everyone else looking for when they think the real deal is here.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Hi

Welcome to ATS.

Don't worry, be happy.

We have always lived in troubling times. It's been crisis after crisis ever since I was born in 1947 and began to understand what was going on.

Before that there were bad times. Since humans sprouted up there have been conflicts. It's nothing new and will always be with us.

I would suggest you educate yourself with as much information about our world as possible. Learn what sources are reputable.

Keep your eyes and ears open. Always be prepared for anything.

Most importantly, enjoy yourself along your way.

Now, to answer your question. I usually don't believe anything I hear and only half what I see. I keep abreast of currant affairs here on ATS and feel I will be capable of sifting out the truth when the SHTF.

ATS is a good training school. We get all kinds of stories and opinions. Our very knowledgeable members dissect all posts and we will find the truth if it is out there.

May I say again.....do not worry. Enjoy life.

Ask questions of our membership. No question is stupid. You will get an answer.

Evert once in awhile we do get a wise guy that is rude. Please, ignore that.
99 and 9/10th % of our members are intelligent, caring people.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by dizziedame]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
And who are the people that have caused this muddy mess? Why the 2012 fear mongering conspiracy theorists of course.

It's all bunk mate. Every single part of it!

IRM

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
want to know whats happening?

imagine factions dividing up whats left of the planet.

2012 is not some religious date, its the end of a democratic world...

forget the NWO, it will fail...

Different factions have been working against this, and we can only hope that they do not succeed.

Expect the sun storm to get worse, no electricty for months, the weather going more crazy than usual, phones going off, and more navigation disruptions.

This is what will happen, before we revert back to the ice age.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I dont buy into any of this, shall i say nonsense. Just live your life as best you can, be kind to others and all that jazz. There is nothing substantial to worry about here just lots of rhetoric, dont worry yourself over it, it is not worth making your self ill over, although im afraid many people will do.
Live you life and and concentrate on the stuff that really matters, family, friends or even yourself and you'll be right.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by XIZTENZ

2012 is not some religious date, its the end of a democratic world...

WOW! I didn't realize that the Mayan Calendar said all of that! Not that I disbelieve you or anything but can you show me where on the Mayan Calendar it actually said that? Point it out for me dude. Grab me a picture or something!

IRM

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Please do the research all of it is on NASA's website, and I even watched it on satelite, the sun storm and its effects are very real.

this has also been proven to take effect on our weather causing 'global warming'......

this will be the major cause of the ice caps melting due to the rapid movement of the poles (shown on NASA's WEBSITE)

this will cause a massive amount of fresh water to be released into the ocean causing a dramatic effect on our weather.

It also causes a magnetic disturbance in our feild causing other extreme weather. Please debate the fact that Australia has been hit by some irregular disasters in a matter of weeks, also the two planes, submarines and other crash problems that have been caused by a direct 'navigation failure'

Now if your calling me a liar, DO YOUR RESEARCH.

there is nothing spiritual about whats happening, but a countdown to the peak of the sunstorm, which will render millions dead.

In theory it also shows that a higher level of radiation will be released onto the earth.

*snip*

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

2e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities; specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances,... are strictly forbidden.

[edit on Fri Mar 20 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Sun storms are not a new phenomenom, niether are disasters, its business as normal the way i see it.
How do you know the Maya predicted a sunstorm, the whole point is nobody knows what the Maya where on about.
Please dont get me wrong it is a slightly plausible theory, one that holds more wieght than most if not all the others, but it is just that, a theory.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Although your all arguing amongst yourselves saying " it WILL happen, or it WON'T happen", why can't you all just 'be prepared' incase SOMETHING happens.
I'm not saying by ( insert date of doom here ) we will either all be dead, dying or living in a Mad Max type world scrounging for food and water but if you built up a supply of fuel and/or foodstuffs that have a long expiry date then if something ( Solar flare, earthquakes, NWO takeover, Russian invasion, Alien invasion, Bio attacks, or any number of 'disasters including zombies or 'tellytubby' outbreak) at least if the power packs up or society collapses you'll have something to fall back on.
How many people ( like a previous posters Mother) will just wait and 'follow' the crowd?
The last time there was a serious power outage in the US, it lasted a few hours and there was mass looting, imagine what 'could' happen if the power was off for days.
Food supplies wouldn't be delivered , shops would empty very quickly, so why not 'pre-empt' your response simply by adding a couple of big bags of rice to your next shopping list?.
Never hurts to be prepared, and incase nothing happens you wont be too upset.
It better be have the items to hand with no need , than to have the need but no items to hand.

[edit on 20/3/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

You are right, one should be prepared anyway for any outcome possible, it could be considered foolish not to. The problem i have is there is a date set for all this 2012 stuff. Now depending on the story you feel is most likely to occur the date varies from slightly to years, but if you are really concerned about one of these events chances are you are going to get increasingly concerned possibly to the point of madness. I mean what if it is the aliens and we are all doomed, you cant prepare for a thing like that.
Although i have always had a plan for impending disaster, the sky is not falling down ATM and i honestly doubt it will in 2012.
If im wrong so be it, but i refuse to get worked up in a tizz over nothing.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by supersan

Good grief, just worry about things you can control. Stop living and centering your life around apocalyptic speculation.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
So the worlds NOT going to end?
Phew .......

I can go back to the hardware shop and buy some more paint for my bunker now that I have some time.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
All very interesting, thanks for the welcomes. I feel though people might have read my post wrong or i have not expressed it clearly. My worry is how we will know the difference between a realoccurance whatever it may be, or a fake one. If something i going to happen its going to happen and Im not worried about it, its just disturbing not knowing if an event occurs we've most probably been kept from so much information we wouldnt know the difference.

It does annoy me how people as human beings, who are no better than me or you, feel they have the right to hide things from us that happen on OUR planet.

But hey, like you guys said, im just going to enjoy life and if something happens, ill deal with it at the time.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
SOLAR STORM REACHES ITS PEAK IN 2012 ACCORDING TO NASA....

end of arguement.... you want to debate this call NASA.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by XIZTENZ

I never believe a word NASA says... Personally

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
well they took some of the stuff off regarding the 'polarity change'

they removed the dates of when its expected, but left on some information.

Basically if you do your research thorough enough and walk through the lies you find what your looking for.

its all on NASA's webiste.... they are rather sloppy at covering info....

I mean look at all the leaks..... DUH.

But dude, its the solar storm.... no nibiru.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by supersan
All very interesting, thanks for the welcomes. I feel though people might have read my post wrong or i have not expressed it clearly. My worry is how we will know the difference between a realoccurance whatever it may be, or a fake one. If something i going to happen its going to happen and Im not worried about it, its just disturbing not knowing if an event occurs we've most probably been kept from so much information we wouldnt know the difference.

It does annoy me how people as human beings, who are no better than me or you, feel they have the right to hide things from us that happen on OUR planet.

But hey, like you guys said, im just going to enjoy life and if something happens, ill deal with it at the time.

A real occurrence is one that affects you or your family, you'll know if it really affects you or not. Even if it's a blue beam thing, if others around you start flipping out it might affect you... thus it becomes a real occurrence. See what I mean? Don't worry about knowing the difference, you will know. Also, worry only comes from fear, don't live in fear. Humanity, for the most part, has never known what was going to happen, why would it be any different now? It is always a good idea to be prepared for emergencies, but don't let fear control you. Do as you always would have done and deal with things AS THEY OCCUR.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by supersan

There is nothing to fear with 2012 it is a natural progression regarding time cycles. basically it means the planet is going to go thru it's natural course in frequency accretion (ascension). these cycles come every 26,556-years. this process will happen between 2000-2017, so it's not even a set date like many have been led to believe.

now what is to fear is what the gov and the new age movement thru ET channeling have made many believe. the gov may use this time period to create false panic and a false event. and ETs may use this time to chose to invade. the idea around 2012 that is commonly believed is all a set up. there is nothing bad to the time frame between 2000 and 2017 itself and if there had been no manipulation done by ET channels and the gov it would simply be an exciting time for us all. but unfortunately it's the deceit that has and is occuring one might want to worry about not the actual time frame itself.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I agree with the ET thing... I mean with the amount of radiation we will be getting from the sun...

we will all be seeing an EXTRA TESTICLE! (ET)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join