It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Main-stream-media bubbles on about resource problems...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Caught sight of this link on gurgle:

Resource Shortages

Seems even the scientists are saying that there will be major problems in the near future!

The good news is that Britain seems to be best placed for weathering environmental changes (which I figured it might be).

Alas Africa suffers the most.

EDIT: Funnily enough Nurgil, I was very tired posting that link! Didn't get much sleep from doing the 'night dance'

Survivalist Psychic connection going strong there!

Link fixed folks.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by WatchRider]

[edit on 20-3-2009 by WatchRider]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Are you still sleepy-tired? That link is going to an Indy "article not found" page.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
It's missing the "ml" at the end of the link, here's a fixed one:

The Big Question: Does an impending shortage of vital resources threaten catastrophe?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

[

The good news is that Britain seems to be best placed for weathering environmental changes (which I figured it might be).

Alas Africa suffers the most.

The main problem I have with that is the tidal wave effect and the ripple effect. IE When the africans have destroyed their own environment primarily through slash and burn agricultre they will then try and migrate north enmasse in Europe, this will either be a wave of Africans sweeping through Europe, or a ripple as the Africans overwhelm Spain and Portugal etc causing the Iberians and Italians to retreat north towards us. Either way the UK loses.

However I already firmly believe the UK as we know and love it is already screwed, its effects are already being seen in the south east. the UK environment can sustain a population of between 47 and 55 million people WITHOUT causing permenant damage to the environment. Currently we have 61 million people with another 10 million expect to arrive in the next ten years. Sit X is here right now.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Northern Raider]

new topics

top topics

join