It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to the anonymous posts?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

OK, see your point. I just don't buy the more work point but I can see where the idea was to hopefully get some highly meaningful posts, but from what we have seen and not having seen them all, it must not have worked to the end desired by staff.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I used to read the Anonymous posts when I saw that one of the threads I had subscribed had been "refreshed", but no new posts were visible. On those occasions I would go to the Anonymous ATS poster profile and I would click the "Single post" ID to read that post, and most of them were not worth being added to the thread.

But I also saw some posts I thought were good and that never got to the thread.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by Majorion

I noticed they were missing after I noticed I could make an anonymous post.

Oh goody! Seriously, I have often found great pleasure in reading Anonymous posts. On the contrary to what some grumpy farts think, the Anonymous Posters have often contributed to GREAT posts and addings on various subjects.

I agree that it is easy to sign up. But what if you don't want to, and wishes to be as the function states; Anonymous?

The only negative thing about those posts, is that those responsible for making them visible, is too often too lazy to make the post go through and make it viewable, as I know for a fact that not all posts gets "published", DESPITE THE POST FOLLOWING THE RULES.

There, it needed to be said.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

Yes, I have seen some good posts that followed the rules and never appeared, but I think now only registered users can make anonymous posts (although I haven't had any confirmation of my theory from Skeptic Overlord).

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I agree with many others that the Anon posts added some good content, but I also can see how much extra work that would have been for a mostly volunteer staff. Its one thing to read thread in topics you like, its another to just read random anon posts just to get them up on the boards. (or reject them)

If you like ATS, and the topic matters to you, it shouldnt be that big a deal to make an account. They didnt take my Social Security number, my credit card number, etc. If you are really paranoid the the men in black will nab you, arent there ways to dirty trick the system so they cant find your IP address? Besides, we have only had a few members dragged off and tortured because of their activity here.

When that does occur, it is generally a family member or loved one staging an ATS intervention.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I'm new to this but I posted 2 threads on the Bible that never showed up as recent post or any posts. One got over 140 replies but they must have searched religious topics to find it.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Yes, this thread was when I first noticed the annon posters...but this thread was moved to a thread designed to obfuscate my original intent..read this thread... S.O. makes a few comments here. It was moved. Annon. is no more. funny how the night moves. don't you think? read it while you can. It will be further hidden.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This was the first thread about Annon..and you cannot reply to it.
inadvertant obfuscation? Not likely.

Why was this thread closed and combined with threads that where started after this one? Why? Would I expect a direct answer about this from an owner or admin?
with more than a five word explanation? Backbone my azz..
what answer do you expect Armap?...you have posts in this thread also.
And ultimately ...why do I even care anymore? Do you? Anybody?

I am glad they are gone.

Did you get an answer from S.O. ArMap? ....neither did I..or at least too vauge too mention. kind of condescending ...really ..or was it just pithy?
But we must grow a backbone...remember? I certainly would not expect anything less from ATS. would you not agree?
It is really only about web trafic now..not quality, just quantity. prove me wrong S.O. ..come in and answer these questions with a little more than a dismissive, pithy retort.
Kosmic? Roadgravel? you were there also...What say you?

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Zeptepi]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

I'm new to this but I posted 2 threads on the Bible that never showed up as recent post or any posts. One got over 140 replies but they must have searched religious topics to find it.

Can you repost them? I would love to see them..what do you think happened to them?
hope you didn't post them anonymously ....hmmmm ..notice the care one must take to keep your post (thread)here?

Edit...why edit?

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Zeptepi]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

From what I have seen, all threads about the "Anonymous poster" (except one) were closed, and if you look at the "Board Business & Questions" forum at that time you will see that there were many threads about the same thing.

Your thread was originally the one to which mods pointed people, but I guess someone closed that thread without posting a notice about it (as they usually do) to redirect posts to the thread that was left open, this thread.

And no, I haven't got any answer from SO, so it looks like the Anonymous poster is something of living-dead, it does not exist but it can still make posts.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

That bigger thread still shows on the first page of the Conspiracies in Religions forum (at least I think that is the thread you are talking about).

<< 1   >>

join