It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great minds thinking ( dressing) alike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Not absolutely on topic but interesting none the less, one of my associates called Harry who normally lives in spain was in the UK on business, He volunteered to attend a meeting with a few bushcrafter and survivalists on my behalf at a place called Hatton near Coventry, England.

He was about twenty minutes late but when he arrived at the pub in question he said spotting the survivalists was the easiest thing he has ever had to do, picking them out was easy he said.

They were all nearly dressed identically even though four out of the five had never met each other before.
Harry said they all wore ....

Either Approach shoes or hiking boots
Jeans or cargos
Belt with one or more pouch
Short hair (cept the lady)
Analogue watches
Fleece or Softshell jackets.
All had either Rucksacks or a Maxpedition big boy.

Its true y'now most of us who think as survivalists, bushcrafters, small holders etc all tend to dress in a similar ready for bloody anything manner

Its a pity I could not get to see them this time, maybe if we get a decent RZ set up in the UK you will see a field full of people all dressed similarily and drooling over the contents of each others packs
NR

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
On a serious note this highlights a potential "blending in" issue. It's more likely your friend was looking for a group and it was the group that stood out, rather than their attire.

Having said that it might indicate a rethink on urban camouflage is required...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Dunno?, To most sheeple I think they would just look like a local ramblers or hiking group stopping for a pint, but to the experienced eye of survivalists they would probably stick out as fellow thinkers. Post apoc I think only us survies plus the authorities will be looking out for possible hostiles, the sheeeple will be in a blind funk panic waiting for the govt to save them. ?? Good point though
NR

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

You have described me perfectly. Those are the only cloths I own now. Fashion now has become secondary to surival. Cut all my fashionable hair off and dropped off the grid (love library computers). Now it is time to wait for the fireworks!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by peregrine13
reply to post by Northern Raider

You have described me perfectly. Those are the only cloths I own now. Fashion now has become secondary to surival. Cut all my fashionable hair off and dropped off the grid (love library computers). Now it is time to wait for the fireworks!!

Know what you mean in the 80s and 90s I used to dispare over city dwellors and workers who were so utterly reliant on public services that they would commute from places as far away as York City and Brighton to London each day. They would wear nothing but their buisiness attire, the ladies often only had high heels, food etc was always obtained enroute to and from work. Since 911 and 7/7 I see the same folk tend to travel wearing more suitable clothing and footwear, most now clearly carry much larger bags than they used to. I spoke to a few with whom I travelled and most now do keep walking shoes, water proofs, bottle of water, flashlight, etc in their bags just in case. More and more people are waking up and smelling the blown up buildings.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I still think that the ''Grunge'' sceen is still in..If anyones looking for me I'll be the one looking like Eddie Vetter..But in tan boots..

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

A good choice. I've often heard that, "Dead men don't wear plaid."

The second line became a victim of fashion.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
I still think that the ''Grunge'' sceen is still in..If anyones looking for me I'll be the one looking like Eddie Vetter..But in tan boots..

I attended a Greener Living road show last year and it was heaving with Hippies, Students with no known contact with soap, Eco Warrors etc. they Nick Named me the New Age Psycho !!!!!!!!

join