It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explorers On Global Warming Expedition Stranded in North Pole by Cold Weather

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I am sorry for those who believe in manbearpig. But this story
just makes me laugh. We are spending millions of dollars to fix a climatic cycle. Just what will we do when in 10 years the temperature starts to slowly go down year after year. Will we deploy teams to tackle the insurmountable problem of Global Cooling? And most importantly, who will we blame? Someone always has to be blamed.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by network dude]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
As usual, global-warming brain-washed denier cherry-picking data. You study averages, not a single year. Doh! Get an education. On the other hand, Uncle Exxon is very proud of you...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

oh, the irony!

well, didn't that movie "day after tomorrow" show an ice age in the northern hemisphere due to global warming? So, wouldn't that correct the problem?

reply to post by rizla

now that was just plain mean, mister...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
What, cold weather in the North Pole? Whoda'thunked it?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rizla

I looked at this one chart and I think it might have more than one years worth of data on it. I are not very smrt so mabee you can check it 4 me to sea if I r right.
temperature chart with a bunch of years on it

If you look beyond the 10,000 pages of internet propoanda that Al Gore put out, you can even find real data of the global temperature from real scientist using things like tree rings, soil samples, and science, to show that in the past about 1000 years ago we had "Global Warming", and then a mini ice age, and then there is the whole Mars Gobal Warming thing. (yea, Al Gore forgot about that one.) We caused the global warming of mars by being mean to the trees.

It's important that you beileve in global warming. If we all aggreed on everything, this place would be quite boaring.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

They say 50 is the new 40 and the north pole is the new "tropical getaway"

The friends I have up north are hoping for more global warming. They say the winter this year was a bit brutal.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hahaha!
Seriously though, my whole family falls for the Global Warming shindig.
No matter what I tell them.

[edit on 19/3/09 by Nventual]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

as with anything, theres money to be made with global warming scare tactics, and who am I to deny another man his fortune. I just love when you get this level of irony in a news article.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

They say 50 is the new 40 and the north pole is the new "tropical getaway"

The friends I have up north are hoping for more global warming. They say the winter this year was a bit brutal.

Can anyone say HAARP? The reason we had such a brutal winter was because the U.S. government had HAARP running and cooling the atmosphere by destroying ozone, so that we would continue to buy oil-based products. Furthermore, it covers up the fact that we are entering a "warming" zone of high energy along the galactic plane. Add Nemesis to the mix, and you've got just the right recipe for a full blown conspiracy theory, about the winter of 2008.

O-315

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
In the UK years ago, we had a botanist and academic on the TV all the time and he was very entertaining. Now we dont see him on TV at all and why? Because he is outpoken against all the global warming issues.

Here is an article about him

www.dailyexpress.co.uk...

[edit on 19-3-2009 by sueloujo]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I realize this is just some guy who happens to be a scientist, but he does have a bit of data to be looked at. Here is a clip from his article:

"Geologists should become more involved in the debate over global warming. Climatologist and
environmental scientists, often politically motivated, currently dominate a debate that fails miserably to
put the controversy into a proper context. Climatologists think in terms of seasons, years and 100 year
floods or droughts. Environmental scientists, in fact most people, think in terms of their lives or the
last few generations. Geologist think in terms of the age of the earth. Geologists understand that the
climate has changed dramatically thousands of times over the history of the earth and none of these
changes has had anything to do with us. Geologists would more likely agree that we could only wish
that we could control the climate. The next major climatic shift will certainly come and we will be at it's
mercy regardless of it's cause."

article with cool pictures and junk

The above is why I believe we are only witness to a cycle and not manbearpig. (or Global Warming)

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The only thing that could be more ironic is George Bush getting beat in a boxing match with Bin Laden.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rizla

starred!

your predictable showing of esprit de corps in each and every thread that deals with conflicting (if in this case anecdotal) evidence speaks for itself: it's immediately spammed with posts which combine a good dose of authoritarianism with thinly veiled derision of the messenger, ie. the usual drill.

you're doing a bang up job, m8, you're confirming all prejudices befrore the mainstream can even develop them. impressive!

i could write pages full of hyperlinks (complete with pretty formatting, d'uh) and come across not even half as convincing and you're doing it all for free. what can i say, keep it up.

[edit on 2009.3.20 by Long Lance]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I just wanted to come in here and mention that other planets in the solar system are warming up, not just the Earth. The evidence is there for the reading if you look for it.
Granted, I think we are destroying the planet in many ways, but I do not feel that we are the cause of global warming.

Here's one source for this possible explanation:
Martian Methane Suggests Solar Induced Global Warming

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
So you disguised a thread with a story so you can post your anti-global warming antics?

So if you wanted to debate global warming, just start a thread, and not disguise it with a story.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rizla

Do you know exactly what they are studying? Ice cores collect atmospheric data for millenia. You analyze the ice cores and you can see back thousands upon thousands of years what the weather was doing.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

Mars is hardly indicative of the entire solar system. Especially when its heating up can be contributed to volcanism and its orbit.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I am one of those called out. I admit it, a geologist.

For me, the climate change debate is like talking about the weather. The most educated can not tell me with 100% certainty if it will rain tomorrow.

The chart, or graph, is what I consider to be the best argument for naturally occurring fluctuations in the temperatures of the Earth.

The geological records speak volumes of the many different types of earth changes. However, the more recent the record is, the less confidence I place on the data, and subsequent interpretations. Present day geologic processes give me a snapshot of what I can see in the record; but, because they are processes, characteristics change even as they are happening.

For instance, I can "see" the release of base metal sulfides (or, sulphides, depending) from the deep sea vents, the active formation of a "massive sulfide" deposit, in REAL time. This is in direct correlation to base metal deposits currently being mined in Japan, for one.

Extending the "process" to topic of "global warming":
We are looking at data being retrieved, essentially, in real time. One or two hundred years is real time geologically.

Since the CO2 measured in the ice cores, for example, starts rising drastically in the past so many years is not all that surprising. CO2 is a relatively heavy molecule. Would it not make sense that the colder temperature associated with the poles acts as a "sink" for the heavier gases?
As is the process in the ocean-- the colder the water the better the CO2 retention?
If you can follow along, the nearer to the surface the measurements are recorded in CO2 content, the newer, or more immature, the process.

It is a naturally occurring cycle, recorded throughout geologic time (where we can find it in the record), long before humankind walked upright.

my $0.02

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Well, Mars AND the Earth are warming, so that's 2 sources to consider right there.

Have a look at this, which compares Venus and the Earth: Global Warming On Venus In Perspective

I'm not saying that the Sun is the definitive culprit here, but I won't just conclude that humans are the cause either. I think that more data is needed before we can really draw any conclusions about the issue.
The average temperature of our planet has been up and down so many times over it's long history, so perhaps there is something we are missing here.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I'm sure they will spin it to fit their global warming myth.

It might go something like this.

Yes we went there to study the effects of global warming and when we got stranded dueto cold weather. We found out that 10-60 years ago if we were in the same situation we would have died within 5 minutes. Us not dying proves global warming is in fact a real thing and we are sorry our lives were saved because of it.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by jd140]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join