It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hadron Particle Collider

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I'm just wondering what the real reason is behind the Hadron Particle Collider's invention and creation. I can't recall hearing anything more about it since it was 'fired-up' and supposedly didn't do much (that was reported). I'm sure it wouldn't have been cheap to create.

Wondering if it is some sort of wormhole creator or teleportation device.

What are the views of other ATS members?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Its to find the higgs boson i think,it doesnt have enough power to create stable black holes..worm holes what have you.More powerful particles rain down on the earth each day..this is just in a controlled environment.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
As far as I know, it's done just that - started up. Everyone relaxes because it's already "started up".
However they haven't actually done what people were bracing themselves for yet which was to shoot the particles from the other side of the collider, so that there can actually be a collision.

Unless they have and nobody reported about the experiment actually doing anything. Maybe it was a huge flop.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I think that they tried from a post I read a while back about the collider being broken due to a crack ina weld or something, thats why they had to prolong it? I could be wrong though, if I am please inform me.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Last I heard was that repairs were taking longer than they first thought after the initial start up had to be stopped due to structual failure.
Expected restart last time I heard of one was expected in May or there abouts as I recall.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Since bosons defy the basic characteristic of matter (they can pack onto same place at the same time) they are actually the force.

They want to prove that force really transforms into matter.

It is not going to work, if you ask me, because this is physics-metaphysics difference which cannot be compromised. It's principal.

It should also prove the Big Bang theory, but it cannot be proved.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
They have circulated some beams successfully.
But just before they were scheduled to collide the particles, it broke

A faulty electrical connection between magnets, has damaged some 29 magnets.
So it will take them until September of this year to fix.
At first they thought 2 months, but then when they realized the extent of the damage its going to be 1 year to fix.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
i'm sure they'll find something. i doubt it'll be what they're looking for. tesla put it best when he talked about modern science and mathmatics. they're searching for practical uses out of abstract ideas founded only on mathmatics. don't get me wrong it's very interesting but everything this world needs was already invented by tesla a 100 years ago. these people are just having fun experimenting and obviously it's working or else they wouldn't have the money to go through with this.

so if i were you i'd start thinking about something besides this crazy thing. nothing practical will come from it. it's just a scientists wet dream.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Their supposedly gonna start it up in the summer.. after their first failure-of-an attempt.. Tom Hanks is the one whose supposed to do the honors.. I personally believe that they will make an amazing discovery.. but it won't be Earth-Shattering.. and even though it sounds intriguing that they may tap into another realm so to speak.. I don't think that will happen.

new topics

top topics

join