It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATMA OR CONSCIOUSNESS ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
When we die, is it the Atma that moves on to a higher plane of existence or the Consciousness ?

Atma defines our natural emotional and morale selves. Emotions cannot transcend into hight planes of existence, can they.................

Our Atma does not reach higher states of thought and being, our consciousness does.

Any Thoughts ?

Deep

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
our atma is our ultimate radiant self it is already beyond this world but is recording everything we do and are and were and that we will become....to experience atma even once will make all worldly things seem quite mundane

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Atma is your soul, that is that part that moves on, not your consciousness. Your consciousness is sort of asleep as you move thru the process of death and rebirth only to awaken when you are born again. That's the way it was explained to me. But from my readings I have come to interpret that there is an "antaratma" and an "atma"

What is the difference between the physical self and the inner self (antaratma), the domain of Atman (the soul within)?

Physical self is the bodily form taken by an Atman (the soul within) whereas antaratma (the inner self) is the Cosmic truth and non-perishable. The inner self is on its Cosmic journey until full purification of the inner self occurs. Antaratma is a creation of God, the Creator whereas the physical self is a short-lived ephemeral phase. Antaratma (the Cosmic self) has to pass through numerous life spans for it cannot purify on its own but needs a body for purification.
www.godrealized.com...

try these links for answers:
www.hindu-religion.net...

www.godrealized.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
When we die, is it the Atma that moves on to a higher plane of existence or the Consciousness ?

Atma defines our natural emotional and morale selves. Emotions cannot transcend into hight planes of existence, can they.................

Our Atma does not reach higher states of thought and being, our consciousness does.

Any Thoughts ?

Deep

Always recall that you are attempting to use the definitions of the living for the other-worldly realm. Atma/consciousness...they are merely words that we all conceive as actually existing and even if they do exist in the way the we believe them to here, they may exist in a completely different way there. Everything is connected, but it is quite infrequently that things realize such things.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
What do you guys think of these lectures regarding all this?

neoxenos.com...

neoxenos.com...

neoxenos.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
thanks for the links tamahu
lots of reading to do, i've bookmarked them and will peruse at my leisure.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Word?

That's peace.

I still need to answer your U2U.

Will get to that later though, I've been busy.

top topics

join