It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Met boss leads 80 police on raid with Tasers & chopper ..but the suspect's already held in the nick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Met boss leads 80 police on raid with Tasers & chopper ..but the suspect's already held in the nick

By Jon Clements Crime Correspondent 18/03/2009

www.mirror.co.uk...

Someone tell me this is just the Daily Mirror up to it's old tricks. I confess I haven't spent much time looking into it, but BBC television haven't said a peep; neither several of the broadsheets. I'm probably being too hasty posting this because it just seems too good to be true. Please, Mods, remove it if necessary.

It's the fatuous, feeble response that came from this chief of police which would've made me laugh had it not been for the Police State we have become. The idea that they couldn't even run a bath is terrifying. These are a couple of examples:-

"This is good news and a good result. We got our man after all."

Here's the pearler:-

"I want the public to feel that the cop owns the street on their
behalf." - Met. Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson.

I so hope this is tabloid drek!

[edit on 18/3/09 tried to fix link by Catesby]

[edit on 18/3/09 by Catesby]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I tried to provide a direct link to the specific article but no joy. So click on the above and scroll halfway down the page. With any luck it will be archived. Hope you get to see it.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Sounds like the keystone cops! Must be embarrassing for whoever pulled the trigger on the raid. Is there any hope they have learned a valuable lesson?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Bluemooone2 starts whistling the pink panther theme and smiles. ..............................................

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Some here in the UK may know what a Reggie Perrin is. It's where you hotfoot it down to the shore, leave your clothes behind and make sure you disappear...with diligence

Please also remember Scotland Yard's 'Sir' Ian Blair. What do these Beknighted champions of IQ do during the day?As For the above: maybe his Nazi-themed Mistress will have sympathy for him and provide him with her Gimp position 'til it's all forgotten.

I've taken a photo of his photo, though. Just in case I finding him bussing my table in Chiquito's.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
j

A helicopter hovers overhead as 80 riot police await the signal from Britain's top cop in a dawn raid on a burglary ring yesterday.

Officers armed with stunguns and a battering ram crash through the door and storm inside... only to find the suspected ringleader was not home.

And in fact, the wanted man had already been arrested by beat bobbies following an alleged break-in earlier that night.

But despite the huge waste of time and resources, Met Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson tried to remain positive: "This is good news and a good result. We got our man after all."

And Sir Paul a brushed off the disappointment of missing the man: "That's policing. The suspect was not there, but that's the nature of police work."

He joined the raid, on addresses in South London and Surrey, in one of his first appearances on the front line since his appointment last month.

Operation Calderwood was targeting a gang which broke into dozens of homes seeking keys for luxury cars such as Audis and BMWs.

The suspected ringleader was held shortly after 1.30am after an alleged break-in at a house in Kingston, Surrey.

While Sir Paul was being briefed about the swoop, the man was being booked into police custody.

Two women were arrested during yesterday's raid in Croydon, South London, and police seized £15,000 cash and an Aston Martin DB7. Nine suspects have already been arrested in what Sir Paul called "bread and butter" policing. He added: "This was the culmination of a long-running operation which has seen several people arrested.

"This was all about catching villains and making people feel safer in their homes.

"I want the public to feel that the cop owns the street on their behalf."

The commissioner admitted he was worried about the bungled police inquiry into taxi rapist John Worboys.

The cabbie may have attacked hundreds of women while he remained at large.

Sir Paul said: "I have looked at the report into this case and I am deeply concerned about what I have seen."

The suspect was not there, but that's the nature of police work

MET'S SIR PAUL

www.mirror.co.uk...

I don't know how thorough this daily rag archives, so I just had to provide the article for posterity. Oh, here's The Daily Telegraph:-

Sir Paul Stephenson: Public confidence the police target
The head of Scotland Yard Sir Paul Stephenson said too many Home Office targets has created a police culture where "everything's a priority and nothing is a priority".

www.telegraph.co.uk...

HMMM. Very Zen. No doubt there'll be plenty of Wax On Wax Off.

And regarding the dropped b*ll*ck: just scroll down to 'related article'. For the same uncanny reason I can't seem to provide the article's page. Bur it's there.

Just justifying the thread here. I couldn't be sure before.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
What a fabulous thread.

Why can't people just be left alone to have a family gathering?

It bodes well of things to come?

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Stanton Dowd]

new topics

top topics

join