It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors in northeast ohio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
OHIO - Developing news out of Ashtabula and Cuyahoga Counties this hour.

Tim Howson, Deputy Director, Ashtabula County EMA confirms the agency has received upwards of a dozen phone calls related to reports of earth tremors that struck at approximately 9:45AM this morning.

Calls are coming from Cuyahoga and Ashtabula Counties from those living along the lakeshore. 19 Action News has also learned through the Ohio Seismic Network that Canadian authorities are also reporting similar 'tremor' calls.

The callers say the earth is shaking!

The Ohio Seismic Network continues to investigate. [Click here to view details about the last reported earthquake in Ohio. Click here for more information on earthquakes reported in Ohio]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dsm85

I checked the Canadain Earthquake Database. No reports anywhere near the great lakes on the 18th. I also didn't find any news articles dealing with the subject tremors.

earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dsm85

I honestly don't think that the USGS, puts all the quakes that happen on the map! I believe it would "scare" people too much.

I know where I am, last week, I was standing in a ladies room and lost my footing and the water in the toliet sloshed around. Yet nothing ever showed up, in my area as a quake. But I know how I had to do some "two stepping" to not go off balance and I know what I saw with the water.

I think there is a lot more going on with the Earth, than is being released.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Not sure why your not finding any news on it...all I had to do was type
"earth tremors in ohio" into the yahoo search engine..and several news stories came up.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Yes it wasn't to difficult to locate information about quakes in this area. USGS doesn't normally report tremors below 3.0 I believe.
This is from a Canadian site.

earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca... l_region=son

new topics

top topics

join