It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry residents say child killer must go

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Angry residents say child killer must go

www.msnbc.msn.com

CHICHESTER, N.H. - Angry residents of a small central New Hampshire town are demanding that authorities remove a convicted child killer from their community.

More than 200 residents of Chichester packed a town selectmen's meeting Tuesday, most of them calling for Raymond Guay's removal during about two hours of emotional testimony. Many parents said their children can't sleep and are afraid to play outside.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Well this is quite a conundrum. The guy has served his time, I'm assuming. But his presense is causing such a disturbance among the local community that the children in the area won't go out and play and they can't sleep. As a parent, I can't say that I wouldn't be fearful to have my child around this man either. On one hand it seems like fearmongering to oust the man from the community after he's served his time, but on the other hand, killing a child is about as heinous a crime as there can be.

I think I would have to side with the community, on the seriousness of the crime committed.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Goodness, they really make it sound like he is King Herod or something.

I'd say their kids are pretty damned safe from him - he must know that if one goes missing or something even slightly suspicious happens, he'll have a pitchfork-wielding mob at his door ready to do a "good old-fashioned" lynching.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
They've been trying to stick this guy in any town NH since last Summer.

The funny thing is is that if this were my former state of CT they'd just dump him in Bridgeport, Hartford or New Haven and nobody would even notice.

I prefer being in a state where the residents notice.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

1973 might seem like a long time ago to some people, especially those that weren't even born yet, but really it is not that long ago.

I am sure that the family of the boy who was killed feel like it was only yesterday.

I don't believe the guy should ever have been let out of jail, and I agree with the community of people that do not want this guy living there.

Whoever decided this person was rehabilitated should have to house the guy!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
We do the same thing here in California. Esp with the high profile child molestors. We have forced the California Corrections department to hose some paroled child molestors in housing units on prison grounds.

The issue is wealthy areas have the money, influence, legal muscle etc to move these guys out. Poor areas do not and these guys get places in communites where both parets work long hours etc. and are less able to protect thier children.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I can see a future accidental fall from a very steep stair case in his future! Or perhaps a deep seated depresion resulting in his use of a firearm or accidental gassing in his car with a suspicious knot on his head! Myabe a bear will find him or a pack of dogs when he's out enjoying the widerness of the area!!Ya..that could happen!!!

Zindo

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Interesting and indeed a conundrum. Our legal system apparently decided that he could live outside of prison, yet where can you place someone like this? I can understand the children being afraid, however not being able to sleep at night? Sounds like some adults have been talking about this perhaps more with their children then appropriate.

Definitely not taking the side of the murderer, but if our legal system let him out, what can we really do about it? It isn't the murderer's house that we should be surrounding with torches and pitchforks, but the lawmaker's homes that make it so easy for someone convicted of killing a child to be set free.

When I think of what people can get life sentences for, and then I see a convicted child murderer set free... :shk:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

I agree 100% why would a convicted child killer ever set free? Someone that kills children could never be a productive part of society and should never be allowed to be part of it again. They should rot in jail until the end.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by sos37

1973 might seem like a long time ago to some people, especially those that weren't even born yet, but really it is not that long ago.

I am sure that the family of the boy who was killed feel like it was only yesterday.

I don't believe the guy should ever have been let out of jail, and I agree with the community of people that do not want this guy living there.

Whoever decided this person was rehabilitated should have to house the guy!

After 35 years behind bars, Guay was released in September and ordered to serve his parole in New Hampshire. Guay's release followed a failed attempt by state officials to keep him incarcerated as a dangerous sexual predator under federal law.

That's actually a great idea. The state officials who failed to keep him incarcerated should have to house the man. I'll bet they could turn failure into success overnight if they knew he was coming to stay at their place.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I don't think any child molester/murderer should ever be let out of prison. This is the most hienous crime that can be commited, how can anyone that would do that to a child ever be trusted around children again ? IMO 35 years behind bars is not nearly long enough for the crime that this man commited. People serve ten years and up for growing cannibus and he served 35 years for molesting and killing a child ! Something's really wrong with our legal system.

If there is such an overwhelming number of citizens in that community that oppose him being there, then the authorities should relocate him to a place where they are willing to accept him.

If they believe that child molesters and child murderers should regain their freedom after "serving their time" fine, release them and drop them off on a deserted island out in the middle of no where, so they can not pose a threat to our children.

edited for spelling error

[edit on 18/3/09 by chise61]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
No child is ever safe from a person like that.

A pitchfork wielding mob won't do a bit of good after a child has gone missing.

These people are generally and legitimately afraid for the safety of their children, although i do believe they are exagerating about their children not being able to sleep. They are just trying to prevent their children from becoming one of his victims .

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Isnt this what we need Afghanistan for? I mean just dump these low lifes off in countries we don't like and let them deal with em.

I am sure that these countries have more efficient ways to deal with child killers or child molesters than we do.

I think that banishment should be justifiable for people who do these most heinous crimes.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I agree 100% why would a convicted child killer ever set free? Someone that kills children could never be a productive part of society and should never be allowed to be part of it again. They should rot in jail until the end.

I have to agree here. Once convicted of murder, you're done...or at least, that's the way it should be. How can anyone equate time served with a child's life?

Personally though, if I were one of these parents, I'd simply make it unbearable for him to stay there, until he moved out voluntarily, if we couldn't get legislators to do so.

It's weird, but even sex offenders are treated similarly after their release, (i.e. given restrictions in where they can live), but we don't do the same for child killers? One isn't more wrong than the other...both are unforgivable.

join