It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my imaginative take on Chernobyl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
OK, here's my "conspiracy" take on Chernobyl. No matter what you say, i'd better post it here than on a MSM forum.

1986 .A military jet pilot from Ukraine is abducted and transformed by hypnosis into the perfect Mandchurian candidate ( cause he can't remember he was ever detained ) while on vacation on the Black Sea coast. One day, while simulating a bombing mission near Prypiat, the sight of the nuclear reactors triggers the whole thing. Carrying a dozen live bombs and missiles, he breaks contact with ground control and with wingmen, and flies at full speed into reactor 4 of the Chernobyl Nuclear Plant. The combination of very high speed and destruction power manages to break the heavy concrete of the reactor, causing a huge explosion. The rest is on youtube.

We talked a lot about the consequences, but not enough about how it happened. I can't really buy the official story.Could you see that option plausible? If you can't gimme your take on Chernobyl. Maybe one of us could come up with something new, a different angle, smarter and more rational, than mine.
Cheers

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It is funny to read this idea because I was thinking about a jet used in that manner.

Add this to it:

SR-71 used as a weapon?

I was thinking about high speed low flight and wondered about it being used as a weapon. This was possibly the fastest jet I know of. Kind of a dangerous use of an expensive jet.........

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattMulder
The combination of very high speed and destruction power manages to break the heavy concrete of the reactor, causing a huge explosion.

What heavy concrete. The Russian did not use a containment building on this type reactor.
The only containment building was a warehouse type building that would contain nothing.

hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...

www.world-nuclear.org...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I read the thread, and I agree with the posters who think logically that a SR71 would disintegrate due to the extreme ground-level pressure on the structure, and at Mach "x" the thing would simply be torn apart.

What i meant with this thread, was that question : how do you guys perceive my " aircraft+payload+speed on a thinly protected reactor ?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattMulder

I read the thread, and I agree with the posters who think logically that a SR71 would disintegrate due to the extreme ground-level pressure on the structure, and at Mach "x" the thing would simply be torn apart.

What i meant with this thread, was that question : how do you guys perceive my " aircraft+payload+speed on a thinly protected reactor ?

It would fatally damage the reactor, but I don't believe it would have the same effect as disabling all the safeguards would, and then attempting to shut down the reactor. It probably wouldn't have been nearly as bad if the place was hit with an aircraft during normal operation as what they actually did.

You'd still have an incredibly expensive disaster on your hands.

Throwing an aircraft at a better designed reactor wouldn't do much at all. They're designed to resist that sort of thing. Even with a payload, I doubt you'd cause much, if any damage through the containment dome.

new topics

top topics

join