It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economy Recovering?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Today on CNN they said the economy is on it's way up. They had graphs etc. What are they doing? Trying to get us spending again(like I have any to spend)? Berneke said we'll recover this year. Is this all BS?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by withpride09

all the recent positive spin, and the Bernanke ploy to say
I'm not an elitist - i come from small-town, main-street S. Carolina

Mohammed Ali 1st coined the phrase 'Rope-A-Dope'...

your right to be wary

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I think they are trying to cover their butts. They are all liars. I myself think the worst is yet to come.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Sorry,,, the Economy is not Recovering

but here's some insight into whats being played out here by the PTB...

1st:
the 6,600 stock market was 'oversold', and fund managers & institutional money is busy rebalancing their holdings...(for their Quarterly reporting period)

2nd:
The Federal Reserve used their FOMC meeting to make the announcements that buys Treasuries directly, buys another Trillion of Agency mortgage backed securities...
these new positions by the Fed, in concert with the Treasury,
spurred the market upward on Wednesday.

There's a reason for all this financial action at this present time...
It's because of the 2 April Economic Summit, just weeks away from today.
The USA & London...want the perception that the American markets & economy are responding favorably to the excess spending and the preceived inquiries & supervision of the faulty practices of entities like AIG, (the international Insurance giant).
This all just in time for the Summit where Sec. Geithner and Pres. Obama
can exact 'support' for an Anglo-American plan to restructure the global financial house... using massive capital outlays & a new oversight entity called a ~GlobalSupervisoryGroup~ rather than the German or French outlines for 'Reforms'.

By forcing the implementation of the Anglo-American methods of handling the multiple crises... the poorer of the EU members & the poorer NATO membes will be in need of capital to enact the oversight agencies & reforms laid out by the Americans...Thus lengthening the life of the USD
as the accepted Global 'Reserve Currency'

neither voting, nor capitalism, nor national policy positions will be the
driving force of what money gets appropriated to whom or how much, any longer...
the rise or fall of industries, sectors, military build ups, or vaccination doses, etc etc. will not be left to the profane legislatures or parliments
The banking elite will hold the purse strings of all activity, and decide what government may 'vote' to finance & what direction economies will go.

the GlobalSupervisoryGroup, is the central planners, that many have fretted would come along, i.e. NWO...
2 April 2009 is the commencement,
right before our eyes, yet hidden.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Is this a self-fulfilling prophecy? If we manually reverted everything back to what it was, like a system restore but with the economy, wouldn't we be O.K?
Money is just numbers, and numbers are man made. Why can't we manually revert or just ignore it? By making it exist we make it exist..

Then again I know nothing about finance.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

We are sorry indeed...More One World Currency Moves...This Time By The United Nations!

TPTB have been conditioning us...www.abovetopsecret.com...'

The economy is not going to recover...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

thanks for the links...

heres one or two that are appropos

www.globalresearch.ca...

blog.wired.com...

U.S. Could Use Crisis to Wage 'Financial Warfare'
By Noah Shachtman March 16, 2009 | 7:17:00 AMCategories: Strategery

There's growing concern in defense and intelligence circles that the global recession has the potential to threaten America's national interests. But a small group of academics and Pentagon policy-makers believe that the U.S. could benefit from the financial havoc.

With economies around the world on edge...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Cheerleaders, the lot of them, just get those females to hypnotise you all into spending.

Amazing, the bs they are spinning. They simply do not know.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Amazing, the bs they are spinning. They simply do not know.

Oh, they know, but they think they can fix things by changing peoples mindset. The collapse of the US dollar is imminent and totally unavoidable now. It's gonna crash no matter what they try to do. What I find irresponsible is how they made things far worse with these bailouts, and THAT is criminal. All them politicians that supported and voted for those bailouts should be charged, tried, convicted, and sentenced for fraud and deception, at minimum, and hanged at best. Make no mistake about it, the dollar is quickly headed for a crash that can't be stopped now, so just be prepared and ready for it, it's about all WE can do now. When the chaos and mayhem breaks out, maybe then we'll have the opportunity to do something about these gangsters. I'm going to add spool of hanging rope to my list of preparation supplies, ha. And remember, to do it right, there should be 13 wrapping loops on the noose.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Did CNN state or say where they got this info from>? Or did they merley just report it like it was soemthing for the tv anchor to throw in? NO info, charts, financial experts, ect =no credibility. SOmeone shuold email CNN and elt em know thier full of dunn

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by withpride09
Today on CNN they said the economy is on it's way up. They had graphs etc. What are they doing? Trying to get us spending again(like I have any to spend)? Berneke said we'll recover this year. Is this all BS?

Remember.. when a recession levels out and things start rebuilding, its called growth..

It doesn't mean that things will be back the way they were a couple of years ago.. That could take a decade.

In some ways.. this was the perfect recession.. Massive collapse, minimum timeframe.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

It doesn't mean that things will be back the way they were a couple of years ago.. That could take a decade.

In some ways.. this was the perfect recession.. Massive collapse, minimum timeframe.

What is completely different with this 'turndown/recession/whatever'

is the fact that the Primary Dealer banks are not lending
they are hoarding the bailout money/ the lending window money/ the 'Facilities' where they Swap some toxic paper for Treasury Bonds/bills
The is No 'Velocity' in the Liquidity the banks received from the Fed. ~ i have a suspicion as to whats the purpose of hoarding the trillion$ ~

Just yesterday the Fed announced they will be buying Agency paper, so lots of mortgage paper usually traded/sold among 2nd-3rd parties including banks will be going into the balance-sheet of the Fed itself.

Also yesterday, the mega-billion TALF got launched, buying debt & credit pape that banks used to buy-trade-sell that provided things like credit card funds, student loans, etc etc

Today the Fed tells us they are launching another facility which banks used to do that provided the Velocity which money needs to have in the Economy to be of value....money stashed in a bank vault is useless to an economy.

~ from www.republicbroadcasting.com~
[...]
The Fed and the Treasury are in the process this week of starting a joint venture called the Consumer and Business Lending Initiative in their latest effort to revive the credit markets. The program will start out by offering $200 billion worth of financing for consumer loans, small business loans and some corporate purposes like equipment leasing.

Fed officials have said they hoped to expand the program next month, possibly to include the huge market for commercial mortgages, and both the Fed and Treasury hoped the program would eventually provide up to $1 trillion in total financing. END

The Fed is positioning itself as not only the lender-of-last-resort...
but the Lender-of-only-resort !

This economic crisis is not following any of the rules or metrics of any known recession in history...
will the 12 regional Federal Reserves, and the 20 major banks which will be flush with tax-dollars (even after AIG unwinds the $1.6Trillion in toxic derivatives) become the modern day 'Fortress Castles' around which the serfs carry on their subsistance living? and that scenario is the End of the Recession,,,, i.e. the 'Recovery'?

[edit on 19-3-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
These are just sucker bets.

This is not done by a long shot.

Inflation has not got a start yet. They have put close to 10 trillion dollars in the system since last Sept. Most of that is being held back, or overseas.

When the UN gets their way, it will flood back and be at least 400% increase in most everything. That's when it will really bottom out.

They want you to invest now, so that they can pull more wealth from the general public. More real estate to collect, etc.

They made numbers on a screen for free. They will not stop until they transfer actual wealth of hard assets to the coughfers of the International Bankers.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
is the fact that the Primary Dealer banks are not lending
they are hoarding the bailout money/ the lending window money/ the 'Facilities' where they Swap some toxic paper for Treasury Bonds/bills
The is No 'Velocity' in the Liquidity the banks received from the Fed. ~ i have a suspicion as to whats the purpose of hoarding the trillion$ ~

True.. this means that when these lenders open the floodgates, the economies that have been short sold by the major investing powers that be will have good growth behind the scenes in order to give a good return to those investors and lenders..

but hidden taxes will already have been raised in order to cover deficits for countries that have hit recessions and to pay the supra national bodies that will be regulating the new "Global Order".. these taxes will be there forever and we will all be that little bit poorer.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
What is completely different with this 'turndown/recession/whatever'is the fact that the Primary Dealer banks are not lending
they are hoarding the bailout money

That's a good thing. The last thing people need is MORE debt. Debt is what got us into this mess, and more of THAT ain't gonna fix it, it will only make it worse.

new topics

top topics

join