It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 is becoming a mainstream topic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Lately, the 2012 was discussed on the Tyra Banks Show. Alongside with Britney Spears...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 16-3-2009 by Spooky Fox Mulder]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Wow, these two are experts on this issue ?
Sounds like two deBunkers to me !

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder
2012 is becoming a mainstream topic

Well, it's inevitable and understandable as we move towards the actual date. That people are talking about it more in the mainstream media doesn't necessarily give it any more weight or make it any more true. For a lot of people, it will be their first exposure to 2012 theories and you get these little explosions of interest which all add to the momentum towards a critical mass for a 'tipping point'.

It's like Christmas, no one really talks about Christmas until we get closer to it. Or maybe more like millennial years or other prophecised doom-mongering. There's been many, many dates of this kind where the population gradually works itself into a frenzy before an anti-climax.

As we do get closer, just be prepared for a lot more 'ZOMFG!!!!1 I've just heard about this 2012 thing from a friend a school and it's the end of the world! Why has this been a secret for all these years? Why is no one talking about??!' type internet shrieking!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Actually the whole conspiracy subject is becoming very mainstream. The more the bad guys do in their apparent desperation to succeed, the more obvious it is to everyone it's going on.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
You know I never subscribed to the whole 2012 thing - but now it's been on Tyra, I cannot deny it. It must be true!

I have a prophecy of my own. In about 4 thousand years, some humans will be digging in the dirt and they will find a strange artifact from an ancient civilization dated somewhere around the 20th century. It will show that December 31st is the last day of their calendar.

People will freak out, December 31st cults will spring up everywhere on the quantum-net claiming that a dark power.. perhaps a meteor, a pole shift, space brothers, earthquakes, tsunami's, black holes, super nova's and a sinister shadow government are all conspiring in unison to kill off billions of earthlings and enslave the remainder of the population.

This will usher in the new age of January.

IRM

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Its a shame really, i mean it would be hard going to find somebody now who hasnt heard of 2012. Back when i was young it was just the end of the Mayan calender, nothing more, it was a bit curious but there was no impending sense of doom. Now there is all sorts of wild theories being sprouted that frankly make little sense. And mainstream interest will make more of a mockery of 2012 even more than ATS.
I bet everyone with a stake in this are hoping the media run with it more, itll sell more books and movies, itd be nice to make some money and then disapear into obscurity.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
a sinister shadow government are all conspiring in unison to kill off billions of earthlings and enslave the remainder of the population.

Oh c'mon IRM, surely you would enjoy a good well-presented 2012 case, just as long as it doesn't involve chaos and destruction like you wrote above?

No seriously, I'm still not personally convinced of this subject, but those Mayans were very precise with their knowledge of the Cosmos.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It will at the very least exist as a cultural event. 2012 comes at a time where the world seems to be coming to some kind of change, while 2000 didn't.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
It will at the very least exist as a cultural event.

Yeah we should all party like it's 1999!

Originally posted by Majorion
Oh c'mon IRM, surely you would enjoy a good well-presented 2012 case, just as long as it doesn't involve chaos and destruction like you wrote above?

Nah not really my good friend. I remember when the Mayan Calendar was just the Mayan Calendar... all this BS has really taken off since the 90's. It's just a movement and has nothing whatsoever to do with reality. People need sh!t to be fearful over IMHO.

IRM

[edit on 17/3/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

knowing-themovie.com...
whats with the new nicholas cage move called "knowing"

in the trailer theres a string of disasters happening that some one predicted, and the"luciferian people" are trying to stop the population from finding out the final disaster what seems to be a dead sun (i think) coming towards earth, for a second you can see small rocks starting to lift off the ground probably from the gravitational pull of this sun/planet/fireball whatever it is.

Are they just capitolizing on the current interest in this topic to make sales?
or do they know something ?

[edit on 19-3-2009 by ronin-dex]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I was thinking the same thing, its in magazines, game shows, tv shows, main stream big name movies and numerous other things. I guess that 'they' are getting ready to bring it into main stream culture so that people can de-bunk it for them selves before they've heard all the proof. Lets face it, half of the sheeple will convince them selves it is 100% rubbish without hearing one single piece of evidence.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProTo Fire Fox
I was thinking the same thing, its in magazines, game shows, tv shows, main stream big name movies and numerous other things. I guess that 'they' are getting ready to bring it into main stream culture so that people can de-bunk it for them selves before they've heard all the proof. Lets face it, half of the sheeple will convince them selves it is 100% rubbish without hearing one single piece of evidence.

Well they can only convince themselves for so long.
They'll be the ones left behind!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProTo Fire Fox

Well, unless the truth is pointing to a whole different direction. Unless the whole 2012 hype is a diversion, to divert our attention from something else.

Perhaps. Perhaps not

top topics

join