It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Rape Trees" Found Along Southern US Border

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

"Rape Trees" Found Along Southern US Border

www.disinfo.com

Recently, a new method of marking territory has crossed over into the United States. "Rape trees" are popping up in Southern Arizona and their significance is horrific and disgusting. These "rape trees" are places where cartel members and coyotes rape female border crossers and hang their clothes, specifically undergarments, to mark their conquest and territory.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.latina.com (Same Article)

www.tusonweekly.com (Similar Article)

www.freerepublic.com (Similar Article)

[edit on 16-3-2009 by MrAnonUK]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Has to be, quite simply, one of the most sickening and shocking acts I have heard of yet involving the recent increased events involving the Mexican's and Mexico issues.

This article documents the latest twists to the United States southern border issue, Mexican cartels have been "marking the territory" by hanging the clothes of victims they have raped, victims that are more than likely trying to escape these cartels influence in the first place.

Please flag and star, raise awareness of these sickening happenings. I never request this, but this is just horrific action should surely be taken.

Edit; users have since noted the origin of these sites is debatable. Still, although hopefully the article is incorrect I find it hard to believe anybody would just create this story, who knows though, I guess only you can be the judge.

www.disinfo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-3-2009 by MrAnonUK]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Ugh...

I'm sure I'm not in the minority here when I suggest tracking the perpetrators down, decapitating them, and putting the severed heads on pikes atop the border wall.

I'm sick of it - scum like this has no place in a civilized society.

I'm a very strong proponent of the death penalty for rapists, murderers, and child molesters. Kill them all - the state has to do it, otherwise concerned citizens will. The whole reason the death penalty exists, and should exist, I think, is to mitigate vigilantism.

Mexico is currently very unstable, and that situation threatens the national security of the US. We'd be doing Mexico and Mexicans a huge favor if our government started dealing with the smugglers and the cartels (one and the same) in Draconian fashion.

The drugs don't bother me, but the violence surrounding the trade has got to stop.

At least, that's my opinion. I'm as socially progressive as they come, in some areas, but not when it comes to thugs and rapists. I repeat - kill them all.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This is beyond horrific and needs to dealt with with any and all means available from the highest athorities. This is just a sheer lack of human morals and ethics. These people are just monsters. This is why we need more boarder protection and a proactive measures to have this come to a quick and abrupt end. In fact, the President should get involved in this. These women who are getting rape who are going out there try to stop drugs and illegals from crossing over here, deserve a quick, measure and sustain response.

EDIT
I thought I read they were raping boarder agent. but it is boarder crossers. Still these women do not deserve this kind of treatment. They are human being and no one deserves to have be treated a piece meat and raped. Rape is perhaps is second to any child crime.

[edit on 3/15/2009 by bigvig316]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
A short time ago I was working as security for a large hotel downtown here. After I was there about 6 months the front desk clerk and I started to have a relationship. She was an illegal alien from Mexico. I had read about these trees and after mentioning them to her she said that they are not rape trees.

She said that during the trip here it was tradition for the women to hang a pair of underpants on these trees, much in the same way as everyone has to carve their name into that certain tree at Yellowstone or everybody kisses the Blarney stone when they visit it.

I verified it with other illegal immigrants (her friends and family).

These stories about "rape-trees" are nothing more than certain people trying to paint immigrants in a negative light, and doing a fine job judging by the responses in this thread.

Think about it for a second. What kind of rapists would hang up dozens of signs that say "HEY EVERYBODY, THIS IS WHERE I RAPE PEOPLE!!!"?
Heres a link to the most in depth investigation I could find online.
As you can see, unfounded fear-mongering.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by Tiloke]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

At least, that's my opinion. I'm as socially progressive as they come, in some areas, but not when it comes to thugs and rapists. I repeat - kill them all.

WyrdeOne please maintain your cool. You are my example, for I am a newbie. Other than that, do you have anything you want to say? It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood.....

Well, these guys can get away with it because the border is a gray area in law. Law enforcement personnel have the ability to kill, people don't have much in the way of human rights. Guess you could say the US has a human rights problem on the southern border. Ever notice how people seem more civilized the further north you go? Imagine that happening to Canadians.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
thats a very old tribal custom to mark out territory i dout thay know that tho

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Here is the original article (the OP's two links take it back to this):

www.tucsonweekly.com...

It's not just the smugglers. If that's not bad enough, apparently there are customs officials in on the act as well.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I must say, having read that, it immediatelyrang out as BS.

Remember the stories of Iraqi soldiers tossing infants in the air and catching them on bayonets?

Seems the same stories were spread about the Nazis back in the day, as well.

There has never been any solid evidence of this occurring, and I suspect the same of the rape trees.

I may be wrong, and if I am, than I'm right there with WyredOne, btw.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This is nothing new.

Here is a report from 2005. Way before the war on the drug gangs started.

There is a new kind of tree growing out west. Botanists have yet to decide how to classify it. Politicians and the major media seem to want to ignore it. The sight of one is enough to make weathered old cowboys who thought they'd seen everything in life break down and cry. Not many people have seen these trees, for they grow in out of the way places in the southwest desert along the border with Mexico. But those who have seen them are haunted by the memory. In an era of free trade agreements and politically correct euphemisms for "illegal aliens" they represent a new Mexican export to the United States. They are called "rape trees" and they bear a strange kind of fruit.

Panties. Yes, panties. It's like this: You'll be walking or riding along down by the border and all of a sudden you'll notice a tree full of panties, sometimes thirty or forty of them. Dr. Carol Hand, who was part of the Minuteman Project in Arizona back in April found one. She explained,

www.freerepublic.com...

Although I am certain that many women do get raped, I am not buying the info about the rape tree. These coyotes have a lot to lose by damaging or hurting the goods.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Thanks Vox, I've added the link to the alternative links on the OP, I hope that's okay with you.

The article you post only goes to confound my beliefs that surely these stories could not but entirely false.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Ugh...

I'm sure I'm not in the minority here when I suggest tracking the perpetrators down, decapitating them, and putting the severed heads on pikes atop the border wall.

I'm sick of it - scum like this has no place in a civilized society.

I'm a very strong proponent of the death penalty for rapists, murderers, and child molesters. Kill them all - the state has to do it, otherwise concerned citizens will. The whole reason the death penalty exists, and should exist, I think, is to mitigate vigilantism.

Mexico is currently very unstable, and that situation threatens the national security of the US. We'd be doing Mexico and Mexicans a huge favor if our government started dealing with the smugglers and the cartels (one and the same) in Draconian fashion.

I agree. Although I doubt that I could personally ever decapitate someone, even if they were the Earth Walking reincarnation of the Devil himself, I do feel the same way in regards to what should be done to them in return.

I will say however, that although I am far from being a violent person in nature, I have no problem in personally taking them out. The main reason being, that I believe in doing everything possible to prevent them from harming any more innocent lives. If taking the life of a purely Evil individual will save the life of even One Innocent, then I believe it is worth the cost.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiloke

Thanks for bringing another perspective here!

Interesting..

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree
I must say, having read that, it immediatelyrang out as BS.

Remember the stories of Iraqi soldiers tossing infants in the air and catching them on bayonets?

Seems the same stories were spread about the Nazis back in the day, as well.

There has never been any solid evidence of this occurring, and I suspect the same of the rape trees.

I may be wrong, and if I am, than I'm right there with WyredOne, btw.

There is TONS of evidence of such acts taking place all over the Immigrant routes through Mexico though. Central and South American Immigrants are constantly being Raped, Molested, Killed, and Decapitated by Mexican Gangs all throughout their Nation. The gangs routinely board the "Immigrant Trains" headed towards "El Norte", and commence in such acts.

This "Rape Tree" idea is completely within the context of their documented character and actions.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
There is a very simple solution to this and other related problems along the border.

CLOSE THE BORDER!!!

Cut and dry, to the point, no BS nonsense, no more problem.

Nip it in the BUD!

Get er done!!

Nuff said.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke

These stories about "rape-trees" are nothing more than certain people trying to paint immigrants in a negative light, and doing a fine job judging by the responses in this thread.

....As you can see, unfounded fear-mongering.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by Tiloke]

How does bringing attention towards the struggle of Immigrants paint them in a bad light? This is referring to Cartel members and Coyote Smugglers.

As for the "Fear Mongering" label, that is nothing more than a cop out accusation which individuals use for Real World events, when they choose to simply stick their heads in the sand instead of confronting reality.

It matters little of the details in regards to "Rape Trees", because the Cartels and Smugglers ARE as bad as the story paints them. They truly do deserve the giant black brush with which they are currently being painted.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
ha ha...

Is this true? gee I thought ATS'ers were supposed to deny ignorance, not embrace it.

Lets talk about this. Of course it stirs up emotions. But is it real?

are the middle eastern "bearded men" morphing into mexican "mustached men"?

Have you ever caught yourself being conned?

Flip the script and face the facts.

Have we ever had any documented cases of this phenom?

How does leaving such a visible signal like this "mark your territory"?

And is it really a good thing to let your potential "customers" know that you may rape them? Would Mexican men really put up with this? Would they travel across with their loved ones if this could happen to them?

Personally if I was going to hire a guy to take me across the border I would try to find out who didn't "mark their territory" with "rape trees" and hire them.

I may be missing the entire point of this article but judging from some of the macho responses it is less about chivalry and more about racism.

cause you know once those "mustached men" come into your town that tree that once held the tire swing may have something else dangling from its branches...

of course if there is a ton of evidence that says I am wrong I am open to it, but until then...

THINK.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Seems the border patrol knows about these rape trees too.

I guess his car was his rape tree

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
[quote="TheAgentNineteen"]How does bringing attention towards the struggle of Immigrants paint them in a bad light?

That's what I was thinking.

After all, it's the people smugglers and border patrols who take advantage of the illegals who look bad here.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
How does bringing attention towards the struggle of Immigrants paint them in a bad light?

That's what I was thinking.

After all, it's the people smugglers and border patrols who take advantage of the illegals who look bad here.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join