It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Georgia inmate arrested trying to get back in jail

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Georgia inmate arrested trying to get back in jail


www.usatoday.com

WOODBINE, Georgia (AP) — Authorities say they arrested an escaped jail inmate trying to sneak back into the lockup with cigarettes allegedly stolen from a nearby store.

Deputies found a jail door unlocked early Saturday and were looking for the inmate. They spotted Jackson trying to come back in and found 14 packs of cigarettes they believe were stolen from a convenience store about a block away.
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This is definitantly a sign that the world is messed up. A man broke out of prison. Allegedly knocked over a store for a few packs of smokes and broke back into prison. Does anyone else see something wrong with this picture. Dude, when you break out, you keep going. You don't break back in. Did you not watch Shawshank Redemption. Come on man.

Just one more piece of evidence the world is coming to an end and people are getting dumber.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigvig316


This is definitantly a sign that the world is messed up. A man broke out of prison. Allegedly knocked over a store for a few packs of smokes and broke back into prison. Does anyone else see something wrong with this picture. Dude, when you break out, you keep going. You don't break back in. Did you not watch Shawshank Redemption. Come on man.




Makes sense to me what this con did. You keep going and you're a fugitive and that's not freedom. Maybe this dood only had a few months to go. Article said he was in for possession and parole violation.



posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45
 


I can see what you're saying. But he should have been more careful to cover up his tracks getting back in. In the eyes of the law, escape is escape and is going to come with it the punishment that would have gotten had he kept going.



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bigvig316
 


I haven't seen any research on how many inmates return to jail, but I would not be surprised if the number was huge.

The problem with prison systems is that it keeps people locked away for many years from the outside world, and when the person is finally released, they do not have any technical skills or knowledge to help them get a job. They then return back to jail, because it has become a life they're accustomed to.

Think about someone who has been locked up for 30 years and finally released today. He would have no knowledge of what the internet is, how to use a fax machine, or even where to get a cell phone.



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I say conspiracy! This man was let out of prison on purpose by the guards to bring smokes back into the Pen. The higher ups want inmates addicted to cigarettes ! Good find.



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
reply to post by bigvig316
 


I haven't seen any research on how many inmates return to jail, but I would not be surprised if the number was huge.

The problem with prison systems is that it keeps people locked away for many years from the outside world, and when the person is finally released, they do not have any technical skills or knowledge to help them get a job. They then return back to jail, because it has become a life they're accustomed to.

Think about someone who has been locked up for 30 years and finally released today. He would have no knowledge of what the internet is, how to use a fax machine, or even where to get a cell phone.


Inmates in prison have access to all of the things you listed except for cell phones. They have access to college, cable, internet, movies, radio and alot of other things some people on the outside do not have.

For most who think they may have a problem getting accustomed to society, then they have a choice of going to a halfway house. There they are given a place to live while working and getting used to certain freedoms they did not have while imprisoned.



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
You think this is crazy? I hear of an incident somewhere in some state that a prison inmate snuck out of prison and snuck back in with liquour, porno magazines, and mcdonalds hamburgers. No joke. I am serious. More than likely he had some kind of help from a guard who helped him with sneaking out and then back in. Stuff like this is not un-common.



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
Inmates in prison have access to all of the things you listed except for cell phones. They have access to college, cable, internet, movies, radio and alot of other things some people on the outside do not have.


It would depend on what type of prison system it is. The ones for more serious criminals will only give them an hour's worth of free time per day, and that's only to walk outside or shower. The rest of their time is spent in confinement.

[edit on Mon Mar 16th 2009 by DJMessiah]



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Well, I can say without a doubt that people as stupid as this person is would probably be better off locked away to stop them from replicating and spreading this 'stupid gene' to the outside world.



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
A lot of prisoners don't know how to survive out of prison. It is the only life they know. Once they get out of jail they panic and find a way to get back in. This guy knew he would be caught eventually and had it easier in jail than on the run. That has to be stressful looking over your shoulder all the time.
This would make a funny movie though.



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Originally posted by jd140
Inmates in prison have access to all of the things you listed except for cell phones. They have access to college, cable, internet, movies, radio and alot of other things some people on the outside do not have.


It would depend on what type of prison system it is. The ones for more serious criminals will only give them an hour's worth of free time per day, and that's only to walk outside or shower. The rest of their time is spent in confinement.

[edit on Mon Mar 16th 2009 by DJMessiah]


Yea those are the ones who will probably never be released. So why worry about how they will interact with society?



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
Yea those are the ones who will probably never be released. So why worry about how they will interact with society?


They're among the ones that will never be released, but do not make up all of them. People serving 20-30 year sentences are also with them, in maximum confinement, but they're treated just the same way.



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Originally posted by jd140
Yea those are the ones who will probably never be released. So why worry about how they will interact with society?


They're among the ones that will never be released, but do not make up all of them. People serving 20-30 year sentences are also with them, in maximum confinement, but they're treated just the same way.


If they are violent offenders and are a danger to the inmate population then they go to confinement.

They don't spend the whole time there. They spend a few years there, given a chance in the general population and if all is good they stay. If they mess up they go back.

The only ones who spend their whole time in solitary are those who are uncontrollable and will or have hurt someone in the prison. They are out there.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join