It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race may be factor in police shooting of unarmed elderly man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Race may be factor in police shooting of unarmed elderly man

www.chicagotribune.com

Now the Louisiana State Police, the FBI and the U.S. Justice Department are swarming over this impoverished lumber town of 3,800, drawn by the allegations of numerous witnesses that police killed an unarmed, elderly black man without justification—and then moved a gun to make it look like the man had been holding it.

"If I see three or four young black men walking down the street, I have to stop them and check their names," said Mills, who is white. "I want them to be afraid every time..."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
That's just awful that these folks have to put up with that down south. It's really sad that so many white americans dislike black americans enough to kill them for no reason. It looks like this is going on all over the country... Oakland, Louisiana, you name it.

This kind of stuff happens around where I live, too, but around here in Cleveland it's mostly money hungry security companies that you have to worry about. They'll rough you up, then let you go, and the cops will refuse to do anything about it.

One of the companies notoriously famous for that around here is Cleveland Metro. I've tried riding the Greyhound, but they just grab me, drag me into a back office, rough me up, then let me go. They harass me every single time I go through there. A total of like 5 times so far. Even my employer tried to find out what was going on one time because I was on a business trip that time. The only way in or out of Cleveland, OH for me is a train, or the akron metro.

www.chicagotribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Don't get to far ahead, not everyone in the south is that way. In fact it is getting few and far between issues like this.

There are still a few that do not get it and will never will. But we just have to keep at it till they are weeded out.

join