It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the goverment announced `asteroid on its way`

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hi im new to ats, i thought id ask a question about something brought up all the time.

If say the goverment announced that there is a planet threatening comet/asteroid headed this way and we only have a few months to act (say it was hidden from view until now or something),

What would be the step?
civilian underground shelters?
missiles sent into space to deflect it?

I know it can be argued that there are potentialy dangerous asteroids all the time out there, but what if one was for certain locked heading dead centre for earth.....

would appreciate thoughts/answers
as we have quiet a few lurking dangerously in our solar system, especially the one that narrowly missed last week.. its due to come back in about 20 years as it hasnt left orbit

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If we only had a couple of weeks,I would call up some of my ex's and organize a continuous love fest for the remainder of our lives. If we had enough time to stop this thing, I would enlist in any capacity suitable to my abilities and help.

Edit to add: Welcome to A.T.S. Have fun theorizin' and philosifizin'

[edit on 02/21/09 by daeoeste]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I'd absolutely crap myself,
Then see if any aliens would come and save us,
But i wouldnt save humans if i was an alien,
So,
I'd build a massive underground shelter with lots of tins on beans,
And pray.
I'm not religious but id turn to all religions if it would help me.

Hope that helps,
Jacob

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If an asteroid was heading our way and was on a definate collision course with earth, we, the public, would never be officially told about it. Why?

Because most of the world's population, if told about it, would descend into panic causing chaos and pandemonium.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Well I suppose I would try and find out exactly where it was going to finally hit because that would play a big part in where I would go to try and survive, unless of course it was one of those extinction size ones where no matter where you were in the world you were doomed.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'd applaud the universe of it's accuracy and welcome the end of the failed experiment called "modern civilization"

Too negative? LOL

[edit on 15-3-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
first you put on your sweat clothes, get a good warm up

bend over from the waist and put your head between your legs

and kiss your ,,,, goodbye

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I would think by now that we have the available technology to steer an asteroid away from us, given enough notice. If no government is willing to do anything about it then perhaps that means the illuminati views this as the perfect opportunity to severly depopulate the earth and finish this much anticipated goal.

If comets don't kill us then biological agents will. If everything else fails russia and usa will declare ww3 and obliterate the planet. Its a win-win situation for them and a lose-lose situation for us...
The goal is about 1 billion residents on earth so they can be easily controlled with rfid chips.

Can one say slavery? Why do you think they build huge underground bases for? For us???
They want to save their ass during the cataclysim and then whoever survives becomes THEIR SLAVE!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I wish I could find the video I saw recently of a huge object passing the sun. It was an object that was literaly the size of the Earth passing the sun. It seemed to careen off of some unseen force if I remember correctly, and head away from our orbit. I'll try to find it and post it. If this video is true it tends to lend some credence to the posibility of some force watching out for our little piece of heaven. Again, I'll do some research and try to find this video.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Here is the video, I thought I would never find it.

www.youtube.com...://www.truveo.com/Video-Proof-That-Nibiru-Has-Come-and-Gone/id/36028819187479367&feature=player_em bedded

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacobNH
I'd absolutely crap myself,
Then see if any aliens would come and save us,
But i wouldnt save humans if i was an alien,
So,
I'd build a massive underground shelter with lots of tins on beans,
And pray.
I'm not religious but id turn to all religions if it would help me.

Hope that helps,
Jacob

Don't forget a gas mask and depends for all thoose beans!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualevolution
Hi im new to ats, i thought id ask a question about something brought up all the time.

If say the goverment announced that there is a planet threatening comet/asteroid headed this way and we only have a few months to act (say it was hidden from view until now or something),

What would be the step?
civilian underground shelters?
missiles sent into space to deflect it?

I know it can be argued that there are potentialy dangerous asteroids all the time out there, but what if one was for certain locked heading dead centre for earth.....

would appreciate thoughts/answers
as we have quiet a few lurking dangerously in our solar system, especially the one that narrowly missed last week.. its due to come back in about 20 years as it hasnt left orbit

I reckon most people from ATS are gonna come back and post conspiracies about it and continue with their normal lives. Some will break some will just do what they do every day because that is the only life they know.

The people who break are the most dangerous and the opposite of dangerous what ever that is

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I watched the video but.....

The only problem with this guy's presentation regarding the object apparently twice the size of Jupiter is perspective. For all we know the object in question could have been a lot closer to the SOHO camera than we think giving the illusion that it was very large when in fact it wasn't. Also, something that size would have been seen from around the globe by anyone yet not one mention of any astronomers reporting it at all.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I agree, though it is odd to note the sun flare and the apparent change of direction after the flare. I am just not experienced enough to discern one way or the other. But it is neat to watch.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Anyone whos ever played grand theft auto has a pretty good idea of what I'd do. Not so much a killing spree, but I'd sure have some fun before my demise.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
depends on the size of the asteroid, and how likely it is to hit. If it's something small-to moderately sized like the one that passed by recently, and it's very likely to hit, they might give evacuation notices to people living between certain latitudes. If it were less certain, they'd probably give an advisory notice about it, but not call for an evacuation.

Of course, an evacuation notice isn't going to get everyone out. Look at the case of hurricane Katrina. there are people unwilling or unable to leave their homes.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
I watched the video but.....

The only problem with this guy's presentation regarding the object apparently twice the size of Jupiter is perspective. For all we know the object in question could have been a lot closer to the SOHO camera than we think giving the illusion that it was very large when in fact it wasn't. Also, something that size would have been seen from around the globe by anyone yet not one mention of any astronomers reporting it at all.

I think what what he was showing was Comet Neat. Date and image match. See what you think.
You can see it here.
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

And if was Comet Neat, then yes, you are right about the size.
www.space.com...

Plait said the idea that NEAT is as big as a planet is just plain wrong.

"The actual comet itself, the chunk of rock and ice, is only a few miles across," he said. "What we see in the [SOHO] images is the cloud of gas surrounding the nucleus, evaporated off the surface by the heat of the Sun. That cloud is huge, but the comet itself is tiny."

If I'm right, kinda makes the fella in video not too credible.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I don't find the guy in the video credible at all. He said it was twice as big as Jupiter, which in my opinion would have been seen quite well by everyone on the planet during its pass. Also, I don't believe in any of the Nibiru crap.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Don't you find it odd that a couple of times a month, someone registers here and asks "What would happen if X?" where X is some catastrophe or another?

Do you think that is coincidence?

Don't answer questions like that. If you answer honestly, they can use it to extrapolate what people can do.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualevolution

If you're expecting a huge tsunami. Get yourself a parachute and an inflatable raft and some survival items.

Believe me, the wall of air preceding a large tsunami will be able to lift you off the ground, above its crests, and land you behind the turbulent wavefront in relatively calmer waters.

This is speaking in terms of known aerodynamic principles. If you know avalanches they are also preceded by a wall of air that can be strong enough to knock you off your feet. This is the same principle. A very large and fast moving wave should blow you off your feet before you can even tough its surface. A parachute will fully take advantage of this effect, and this effect is very similar to the Coanda Effect, if not, the same.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join