It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found out something interesting...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
At the risk of being labeled another one of those "I know someone who's waaaay up the ladder" types- I dont. All this is, is the fact there are levels above top secret. I was told 'compartmentalized' and while I wasn't told the names of the compartmentalized above top secret levels... One I named "read this, and then gouge out your eyeballs"... this person said it was one way to describe it.

Now. This person doesn't work at a top secret base. Not Area 51... They work with government information. Yes- I am being all sketchy and stuff. They were really nice, and I don't want to compromise who they are by saying where they work. I'd rather be too careful and a little paranoid than careless and cost someone their job. ESPECIALLY if it means I might wanna try to date them at some point.
They don't get to go home until they've been searched, their car... There's guards with guns- and this is for a data center.

It brings up a fact- for stuff like 'info' they have above top, compartmentalized levels... Just imagine what they have the really amazing stuff locked up under. It's probably under so many layers, locks, compartments, and everything else, it's a good bet that anything that has been 'leaked' from some govt installation is a pile of steaming bullpucky. I wont say everything is bull- but the chances of a lot of stuff tumbling out of the govt closet- especially the "I know someone who is top level, blah blah blah" is something to really squint at.

Just my 2 cents. Can I have my change?

[edit on 15-3-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
My sister used to have Cosmic Top Secret clearence when she worked in communications in the Danish Defense High Command. We are a member of Nato and it seems to me that Cosmic Top Secret is a Nato thing. If not please enlighten me.

It stands to reason that any country/nation would have at least another level on top of CTS so that they can keep something to themselves.

These extra levels would protect what Americans would probably call information in the realm of National Security.

We all have secrets we don't want to share - even with our allies.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Ah! The old Pretend to be a top secret agent to get a date trick eh?

I too have been fooled by such a ruse, met a sheep farmer once, told me they were a Llama farmer...

Never again!!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I know exactly what your saying, and I don't see you as crazy, one little bit. I see you as having a valid point, but...

People should not release information that they have promised to keep, if they did they would never be able to live with themselves again. I have far more respect for someone who can be true, to themselves, than someone who will in essence lie to themselves.

I wish I knew someone up the ladder as you call it, but I don't either, unless your referring to some divinity.

I agree with you that most the stuff on the net today has some dark agenda associated with it, one cant be too careful when handling it.

I spend most of my time looking at secrets in another way. The first question is why there are secrets in the first place. You look out into space and you find no secrets, everything is laid bare for the eye to see. Its only when you get closer to our solar system, and our planet, that secrecy is employed. When it is viewed in that manner another more logical answer starts to come into view.

Thanks for allowing me, my two cents.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
The only thing I might point out is this:

When my sister was vetted for her Cosmic Top Secret clearence she AND her family and friends were vetted as well.

She told me that she was very much surprised by the type of questions they had and the depth of their knowledge of those close to her.

She did get her clearence so I guess I wasn't all that bad after all.

So, dear OP, if you do know someone with a CTS clearence don't jeopardize their job by being too nosy. Anyone with a CTS is subject to being spot checked in any way THEY decide and that includes wiretaps and bugging.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I am working myself in NATO environment, although not personally in contact with such sensitive information.

I can tell you that there is nothing that is actually classified above top secret as such. What does "above the top" would mean any way?

The classifications at the TS level are all accompanied by a need-to-know access code (I can't call it other than that, forgive my ignorance), which means that Top Secret alone is not everything about it.

By "need-to-know", it means that even a person with a sufficiently high level of clearance (i.e. Top Secret) has access to that material if and only if their job or mission entitles them to that access. They "need to know" about that in order to perform their duties. Without that need to know, you can't access.

That said, the Cosmic Top Secret indeed exists. It is a fairly common clearance, and the "Cosmic" refers to atomic energy and weapons. A person with CTS probably has access to data relating ballistic nnuclear weapons, their place of storage, etc. I don't know exactly what it entitles them to, but it does relate to atomic energy and weapons, and maybe nuclear propulsion topics.

If the MAJIC ever existed as a classification, it was only a Top Secret classification, with an extremely restrictive access.

new topics

top topics

join