It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope (AKA SO4)!Ju

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Just wanted to get some chit chat going for those of us that have picked this gem of a game up
! So, has anyone here besides myself picked up SO4 yet?

On disc three right now, it's been a blast so far! Story is probably the weakest of the entire series, but there are a few plot points that completely blew my mind, and disc three is turning out to be a killer
!

I have to say the voice work is horrible for a certain few characters (LYM AND SARAH I'M LOOKING AT YOU!!) but Edge actually pulls off some very emotional lines and everyone else is more or less anime fare on par with Naruto. Was disappointed in the most part

Overall it's been fun so far, but SO2 is my fave... and you know, I think I'm about to go play it again for the millionth time

If anyone has questions about the game throw 'em in too, the entire topic is about anything SO4

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hey.

I absolutely Loved Star Ocean: The Last Hope, It is quite possibly my favourite game of all time although I dont think anything will ever beat the Legend Of Zelda Majora's Mask tbh.

I had never even heard of Star Ocean before so i guess ive made my opinion of this game based on every other game ive played rather than based on the original 3. Thinking about getting emulators so i can play them though.

But for me this game came as close to my dream game as a game ever has of like, elder scrolls in space, with no mass effect stupid map select destination stuff and with devil-may-cry style combat and ridiculous visuals

It had a freeroamy wilderness world, it had a ye olde medieval world and it had a wild west bit, it had a futuristic world and loads of events that happen in actual space. All the worlds were massive and could have constituted a whole game in themselves, but the best thing was that it really really created a genuine sense of lost in space genuine exploration. Like remember the first time you watch star wars as a child? that feeling, thats what

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Played the first Star Oceans years ago on the snes I think, even played Star Ocean: Till the End of Time for the ps2 back when it came out in 2003, the games were if not that innovative at least fun to play. I was going to pick up The Last Hope for my ps3 when it came out a while ago, but decided against it. I kind of got sick of the whole jprpg thing, but I like tri ace, and so far some of the games they made I have enjoyed, my favorite is the Valkyrie Profile series and Infinite Undiscovery for the X-Box 360, two of my favorite games.

One of these days i was thinking of picking up SO4 when the price comes down and when I have nothing to do, I have heard the game is not all that good and that the story is cliche, but to tell the truth I mostly played to star ocean games for the combat, as the game has some of the most engrossing and fast paced combat system for rps out there, so one of these days will probably pick up a copy, sit down, and crunch my way through it.

Its a bit to jrpg'ish for me, but its worth a play-through at least.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I've been debating whether or not to play this. I've played all the others but from what I've read about this one just hasn't made me excited. If you like anime inspired JRPGs definitely check out Tales of Vesperia (and the rest of the Tales series) if you haven't already.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Tales of Vesperia is legit. Its the only Tales title that I give such a high regard to. TOV is mad nice.

top topics

join