It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blimp based radar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
blimp based radar

Let's see.....we have a huge new hangar at Groom Lake and a huge blimp project.....hmmmh. Oh, and that tall triangular tower could be a blimp tether.....

Nah....

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
That thing is huge. If they construct this thing to be 450 ft long thats 1 and a quarter the size compared to a regulation football field. And they said it would be at the altitude of 65,000 feet. Commercial airplanes coast between 30,000 and 45,000 feet above sea level.
I highly doubt this thing would be visible to the naked eye, even with clear skies, but I could be mistaken.

Do you think they would actually use this over our major cities?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lastmanstanding

I've done the math, and it should be visible. Basically, 450ft at 65kFt is about 0.4 degrees, which comes down to 24 arc minutes. The eye can see 1 arc minute. Granted contrast (really the modulation transfer function of the eye) comes into play here. Since you can get 1 arc second out of a modest telescope (80mm refractor for instance), this blimp would be visible at night with moonlight. Remember, there are astronomer that spot satellites as a hobby.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lastmanstanding

It's all to better dominate and take away liberties, that's just another tool they'll use against us... At least, i have freedom in my mind!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a2691d892340.jpg[/atsimg]

According to the above photo, the new hangar at area 51 is not long enough for the blimp project... If that's the hangar you're reffering to of course...

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by teklordz

The first prototype will be smaller (150ft).

join