It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GPS Shopping??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
OK so I seen on the TV today that they now are going to start sending you shopping and eating adda while your shopping and eating!!
So they can tell what isle you are on or what restaurant you are near and send you an add on your phone.
first off thats freaky but we already know they know where we are at all times but the fact that food business's know sucks

They said that if you are going toward a steak restaurant, they will send a message and inform you about cheaper prices and stuff.

so what do you think???

GOOD or BAD?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
If they can get me a fine steak dinner for way under 39.99 I just might take interest to the ad.

As for good and bad. The more technology a society has, the more technology it is going to take to help keep order. So maybe a good thing.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Hmmmm that was not what i expected for a first reply..
You know the way way theorists hate that eye in the sky

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I originally saw this on CNN.

They kept saying how great and wonderful it was. All it really does is send you an ad when you walk into a store showing you things that are on sale.

It's just another ad. Now if they gave me a free discount for every store I walked into by having this technology, then I would be interested.

It just will inundate cell phones with advertisements you will probably never use.

Here is a video from CNN that describes this technology.

"So cool it's borderline creepy."- Susan Candiotti

It's not really that amazing it's advertising. Since when have ads been "cool."

[edit on 14-3-2009 by Studious]

top topics

join