It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pcsx2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I wanted to know if anyone has ran pcsx2 on a notebook / laptop and how much a laptop would cost to run pcsx2

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SimpleKnowledge

Hey SimpleKnowledge! I have a netbook, an Asus EEEPC 1000-H more accurately. It's not a killer machine but I can get some decent games to run on it, unfortunately PCSX2 is not one of them
... It actually ran pretty decently, but it's more a problem with the emulator and game compatibility.

Case in point, I can run Spore with most everything maxed out in the settings, but when it comes to booting up PCSX2, it doesn't quite work right if at all. So, I would sit back and wait for the emulator to develop a little bit more
. If you did want to give it a go, you'll need a high end laptop. Probably a Dell XPS and that would cost you a few thousand to start at the low end of the gaming hardware spectrum.

If you have any emulation related questions just U2U me, and I might be able to help you out
! Used to work on my off time in SNES and PSX emulation so I know a little bit about the entire "industry", LOL.

PS - If you're looking for portability, there are some other ways then emulation. LCD screens you can pop on to your PS2, etc...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I got an xps m140 awhile ago so no pcsx2 for now hopefully it can run znes and mugen hi res.
I wonder if pcsx2 could run on mac not that i can afford one.

join