It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An experience that changed my understanding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I have recounted this story many times to close friends and even family members, but most have reacted with ignorance. I wanted to share it with you because from what I understand the motto over here is - "deny" ignorance.

This happened to me several years ago. I was still in high school living at my parent's home. The following was not a dream or a by-product of using mind-altering substances.

I woke up in the middle of night - completely paralyzed. However, I was still able to look around with my eyes. In doing so, something very bizarre caught my attention. In the center of my room was a globe of light - yellowish in color with comet-like trail or tail - a lighter yellow. It was hovering about a foot under my ceiling fan, gentling bobbing up and down in the air. Unable to move and for a brief moment feel anything but fear - it began to circle around in the small area where it was floating. This is when I realized I was able to move again, I jumped out of my bed. Before my feet could even connect with the floor, the light (if I could describe it one word) zoomed through the window while I simultaneously followed it and pushed my blinds to look. I was only met some of the most sinister laughter I have ever encountered. It faded... and I ran into the corner behind my bed and laid awake for a while, unable to fully appreciate what I had just witnessed. The whole experience lasted 10-15 seconds.

The number one response I usually receive is: are you sure you weren't still dreaming? I know - my reality - that this was NOT a dream or manifestation of sleep paralysis. I was awake and able to remember in full detail the events that occurred. I didn't go back to sleep for several hours. Hell, I wasn't even able to get out of that corner from all the built-up fear flowing through my body. I don't believe you can dream that sort of raw emotion.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Something very important happened to me that night and I would be very appreciative of any help to help me further understand my experience. Subjectively, I believe my life has been very different since the phenomena. Questions? Fire away.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Sounds like what you had was a bit of sleep paralysis. It happened to me when I was only fourteen. I remember my eyes being open but not being able to move the rest of my body just like you. Though instead of a bright light I saw a huge rock or boulder sitting on my chest. I was freaked.

This is commonly associated to alien abduction or encounters in the united states, and to ghosts in Japan and China.

Although it was just a dream it was a step in me opening up to alternative theories on reality, which now I believe not to be alternative at all... It is amazing what the mind can do...

Here is a link explaining medically what SP is...

www.medterms.com...

Do some research on it, and remember to always think positive, it is a dream and if you keep a positive outlook on it you'll have positive experiences.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I think the sleep paralysis opened you up to the other side. You think sleep paralysis isn't interdimensional travel? Im pretty sure it is

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I haven't personally but I can relate to you an experience my daughter had with some bright orbs/lights at night.

About 15 years ago she and her husband were staying with his parents. Their bedroom was at the end of the hall directly across from the laundry room. Keep in mind that they lived on the end of a cul de sac and all doors were closed in the hallway except hers.

She has always had trouble sleeping at night and was awake in bed when she saw the hallway gradually illuminate with light growing steadily brighter until it was very intense. Once it reached maximum brightness it began to grow dense and murky, like a fog. It happened a second time and on the third time she woke her husband about the time it was beginning to get bright. She asked what does he see. He says nothing. So she asks "What do you not see?". He couldn't see the closed laundry room door. It was blocked by light. Each after growing dense it would slowly fade and trail off as if it were going out the storage closet door in the hall near their bedroom.

She said she wasn't particularly scared but had a sense it knew it was busted when she saw it.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I get the "are you sure you wernt sleeping, or drunk" comment with this one:

One night I was in bed sleeping on my side when I heard my name said over and over about ten times before I opened my eyes. Directly in front of me was a multitude of bright coloured lights (I liken it to a christmas tree with an overabundance of lights). I wasnt scared but more weirded out, mostly I was wondering why a christmas tree was in my room. The lights were not stationary, the floated around in small circles as the entire group of them slowly traveled down my hallway. I was able to look directly down my 40ft or so hallway to the kitchen where it eventually stopped, it stayed stationary for a few moments as the coloured lights went to white and vanished.

To that point I wasnt scared at all but as the lights went away I had a feeling like the beast of hades was at the foot of my bed, cold shivers overcame me and I couldnt move from where I was. I had never felt that level of fear to that point and I couldnt move.

To this day that image of lights floating away like that has been so vivid its like watching it all over in my mind.

top topics

join