It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration Declares Proposed IP Treaty a 'National Security' Secret

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

We will never have our country back until our rogue intelligence organisations cease to illegally impinge on our right to personal privacy.

We know that it is illegal for them to warrantlessly monitor domestic internet traffic but there are ways around it that alot of people don't understand.

Alot of them are still classified.. But one story that has just come public is the AT&T scandal/lawsuit that I talked about in my last post. They were monitoring as much as 10% of domestic internet traffic IN THE COUNTRY (wow) from illegal internet monitoring stations strategically positioned throughout the country. AT&T would filter/mine the information for relevant data (or what they thought was relevant) and send said information to multiple intelligence organisations including the NSA.

AT&T sais it can't even defend itself against the lawsuit without releasing classified information (ROFLCOPTERS)! This story is all over the internet.

Intelligence organisations hire leaders from companies like Norton and Mcaffee but most people don't think to ask why.

We are all being monitered at some level. The only question is whether or not common sense and reason will prevail in the battle for internet privacy. Right now it looks like that won't happen. Our intelligence organisations already rely too much on impinging on our civil liberties. And there is only so much Obama and his administration can do.. It isn't illegal until people know about it. And it doesn't have to be considered illegal if you can find loopholes around current legal stipulations towards your own ends. These guys sit in rooms all day figuring out newer and easier ways of monitering everything we ever do on the internet!

And for those in Britian, you are not so safe yourself.
Britain Lets Police Hack PCs Without Warrants

Pretty soon RFID chips will be in everything from drivers licenses to credit cards and people will be able to steel your entire identity by simply walking by you. I believe they're already putting RFID's in Oklahoma Drivers licenses.

-ChriS

[edit on 16-3-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cdirtydevil

I don't know how bad enforcement would be, but Congress will have to disclose the contents to ratify the Treaty.

Why aren't people writing their "representatives" about this and asking for full disclosure?

How many ATSers would sign such a petition? What would happen to them if they did?

Anyone want to find out?

I'm game. Do we respond as a group, or one-by-one?

I'm doing it today to the IN and TX contingents. I have a couple of friends who are reps from TX and know a couple of staffers.

What do ya'll think?

jw

<< 1   >>

join