It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Satan Exist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Does Satan Exist?

The devil -- also known as Satan, Lucifer and Beelzebub -- has become the primary antagonist in almost every major religion. He is seen as the rebel, a serpent and a fallen angel who tempts mortals into committing sin, and preys upon their despair. But does Satan really exist?

That question will be debated Friday, March 20, when "Nightline" tackles the controversial and sensitive issue in the third installment of the "Face-Off" series.

(Preaching Today)

[edit on 14-3-2009 by tsrk30]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The people who will be debating this question are:

Deepak Chopra, famous philosopher and author of "Jesus: A Story of Enlightenment" and Bishop Carlton Pearson, author of "The Gospel of Inclusion." They will argue that Satan does not exist.

On the other side will be Pastor Mark Driscoll of the Mars Hill Church and Annie Lobert, founder of the international Christian ministry "Hookers for Jesus," who will argue that the devil does exist, and has made a personal impact on their lives.

I have posted all the information at the Preaching Today blog

(Preaching Today)

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
With all due respect, don't you think we here at ATS rate a bit more in the way of actual information regarding this debate on the existence of Satan?

Frankly, it seems just a 'teaser' post to get people to a blog site.

I understand its more work to do that, but in my humble opinion, I think ATS rates more direct involvement.

(again, not trying to be disrespectful, I just would like to see more meaningful input from the OP).

By the way, embedded bias is unavoidable when you use phrases like 'major religions' to apply to those religions arising from the Middle East, and completely discounting all others who have no inkling regarding personified evil as an opponent of personified goodness.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I apologize if you do not like the way I posted the information. I can't provide more information since the debate has not even occured yet!

I pointed people to the blog becasue if I find more information I will add to the post there. It is easy to add video and other things to a story posted on a blog. I will work harder in the future to ensure my post meet the high standards here at ATS.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsrk30
I apologize if you do not like the way I posted the information. I can't provide more information since the debate has not even occured yet!

You could provide your opinion regarding the debate topic...such as ...

I wonder if the proponents for Satan are going to spend their time arguing that Satan is a literal entity or if they are referring to the anthropomorphic reality that Satan is embodied by the act of immoral/unethical behaviour.

The latter seems more likely and in my opinion we should grow up and stop referring to lapses in our moral judgment (individually/generally) as seperate thing and just take responsibility so that productive actions can be taken...

Though I really do think that society is necessarily predicated upon ethical/moral conflicts as a distractionary measure...

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Thanks for taking the time to suggest ways in which I can improve the post. I will keep your suggestions in mind next time I post something. The ATS crowd can be hard to please

top topics

join