It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Took Down CNBC and Jim Cramer - Hard Hitting - Awesome - Best

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
"It is amazing to me that the Daily Show truly is the last vestige of real journalism."

When a comedy show is looked upon as "real journalism", it only means one thing: your country is in a hell of a lot of trouble.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I just watched this and was amazed.

Daily did a little research and made a fool of his opponent.

How much research would it take to jail a few hundred top executives of banks and other lending institutions?

I'd love to see criminal prosecution against the people in charge who didn't exercise their fiduciary responsibility to their stock owners and their companies. They made decisions for short term profit to the exclusion of all else.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Great interview! Why aren't we seeing this kind of stuff on the mainstream news sources? I've been a fan of Jon (and Colbert) for a long time, and those claiming "he's just an comedian" have, at the very least, probably not seen the interview in question, and may have missed the fact that our mainstream news is, itself, pretty much a sad joke being played on the American people. That aside, Jon does often adress real issues, though couched in comedy. Comedians have a fairly unique platform from which to tell truths that you won't find anywhere else (look at Bill Hicks, who in his short time here probably spoke more truth than any politician or journalist you can name).

*Edited for clarification

[edit on 13-3-2009 by TheGrinningMan]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Interesting thread. I do wonder now. Could a person possibly get wealthy by doing the exact opposite of what Cramer says in the future?

Could that possibly been a secret code that only insiders knew about the show?

Could it be "Opposite Day" on CNBC ?

It makes a person wonder just who can you trust with financial information.

I say the best bet is to lurk on somebody elses track record and learn strategy from them..... That is if they let you in on their secret.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
nice show. but that's all it is... a show. it's all television! what a shocker... CEOs lieing and financial hosts pulling numbers out of their behinds. every financial show has a disclaimer in case you ever paid attention...

seriously, if you're a trader are you really basing your trading decisions on CNBC or any other tv network?? if so then you deserve to lose your money along with b.sterns... people want to be entertained but when it comes to your own hard earned money you should make sure you know where it's invested and why. either you trade your own portfolio or put your money into CDs at some bank if you're too busy getting informed and need CNBC to tell you where to invest...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Canadians can watch it here

gawker.com...

I'm still looking for the extended version.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I can't see any of these videos, stupid IP restrictions prohibit non-USA hosts.

And the ones on YT were taken down by a VIACOM complaint.

Sigh...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSecret

Actually if you look at what Cramer's demographics were............. he had a major following of college kids.............. so YES - they looked to Cramer for HONEST investment advice!

So ... do not tear down the people that "trusted" Cramer to give them advice.......

In fact the majority of Americans WANT to invest their money for retirement........... they then look to others for advice............ Cramer was a big one for that.......... why....... because he was a "top" in his field!

Now, he has been shown to be a FRAUD, when people trusted they were getting "real" finacial information!

I have to say.......... what you posted.......... gets me very upset........... that is like blaming a victim of phyiscal abuse for getting the physical abuse - and NOT the person doing the abusing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by amigo

Can't you just go to www.dailyshow.com...

All the episodes are there.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Nah, I'm in Canada...

All the other sites that supposedly were letting Canadians see them just bring back the same message that the video can not be viewed.

Doesn't matter, I got the gist of it from all the posts here.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by amigo

Can you get on Huffington post? They have it embedded there..

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Hope this helps.......... you really NEED to see it........ it really is a complete take down!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I watch Cramer. He may be a bit in left field at times and not sure he owned that stock in his portfolio. He's an easy one for a comedian to run with, however I must side with Cramer on this one, as all the stocks dropped off the cliff. If GE continues to slip you wont have to worry about CNBC being on the air as they are the parent company. I wondered if the short sellers werent tring to take them down due to the fact they are truthful. They wont sugar coat the problem. The real culprits are working behind the scenes to bring the economy to it's knees. Our men from their secret societies. If they can build it..it will fall. Gravity in motion.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
I must side with Cramer on this one, as all the stocks dropped off the cliff.

Yes, Cramer told everyone to hang onto Bear Stearns and he assured everyone that they were safe, he even begged people to buy it. And then it dropped off the cliff.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I didn't watch this or anything but cool for jon stewart i guess.
Anyways anybody dumb enough to go directly off what jim cramer or any other person on the channel kinda deserves it.
The people watch and see what the top picks are and throw large amounts of money into someone they dont knows advice.
In order to be a good trader its all about doing homework yourself and sure maybe some advice is cool but don't praise and worship the advice and spend your life savings on it cause its a professionals advice.

And think about it back in the day on the exchange floor the pros would trick people anyways they'd throw em these "hints" about a stock and tell em to buy and the newbies would instantly buy buy buy when the guy throwing the "hint" is on the other end selling all the stocks he just told everyone to buy making money and watching everyone lose theirs.
It's a vicious game that i love to play.

and p.s. jim cramer did make a lot of people money not all his picks are going to be right or else stocks would be way to easy.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSecret
nice show. but that's all it is... a show. it's all television! what a shocker... CEOs lieing and financial hosts pulling numbers out of their behinds. every financial show has a disclaimer in case you ever paid attention...

seriously, if you're a trader are you really basing your trading decisions on CNBC or any other tv network?? if so then you deserve to lose your money along with b.sterns... people want to be entertained but when it comes to your own hard earned money you should make sure you know where it's invested and why. either you trade your own portfolio or put your money into CDs at some bank if you're too busy getting informed and need CNBC to tell you where to invest...

I have to agree with this as well. Seriously, if you're relying on a television show and only that show to tell you what to do with your money - then you DO deserve to lose it. Of course it makes sense that teenagers would see it on television and think it's a great idea, or read about it on the internet and think it's the right thing to do. Everything on the tubes must be right.

If you're really serious about making money using a TV show, what you SHOULD be doing with shows like Cramer's is considering the advice, maybe taking notes, and THEN going and talking to a certified financial advisor at a reputable company and asking that person what they think about what you watched. Heck, talk to a few financial advisors and get a consensus. It's your money, after all. If you want to throw it away on a whim then you might as well be buying lotto tickets.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'd also like to add that Jim Cramer in my opinion is in no way playing with peoples money, unless of course they walk up to him give them a wad of cash and say "jim here's my money do what you will with it."

The owner of the money is playing with their money and no one else.
Advice is advice and that's all it is.

It's like if oprah were to say go out and do some drugs they arent addicting and then when everyone picks up heroin habits they complain it was bad advice but they did it cause oprah said and shes the most respected talk show woman alive.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I realized Jim Cramer was a fraud back when he was telling people, just a few months back, to buy buy BUY TEREX stock. TEREX is a company that sells heavy construction equipment. He was telling people to buy the stock as the housing bubble was exploding all around us.
As a land surveyor by trade, I KNEW this was bunk, as I could see every day people "pulling stakes" and just giving up on their ventures. How was TEREX to do well? It couldn't.

As far as the interview goes, John Stewart ripped him a new one. What is really troubling is that John Stewart just PROVED, by Cramer's own admission no less, that the Main Stream Media is an accomplise to what amounts to high treason on behalf of our own Government. Why our own Government? Because they are the ones making sure that these defrauding corporations are still making their money at the detriment of the tax payer! (bailouts that people didn't approve of) (Declaration of Independance and all that jazz)
People should be OUTRAGED!!! But they aren't. Nor will they be. People are f-ing stupid.

I work with a dude who is, in his own mind, a true American Patriot, and in many respects I respect him tremendously. He is 35 years old and has amassed about 60k in his 401K to this point. Strike that, HAD amassed. It will be gone. However, if he knew WHY his money was gone, he would be clenching his 12 guage waiting for the jack-boots. But people just don't care enough to figure it out.
This is what scares me. The system is so corrupt it is unbelievable.

This interview has basically confirmed that our Country is a Fascist state and people are completely oblivious to it. I don't know what to do. If I decide to fight, my family loses a father and a husband. If I don't, I am a coward and a traitor! (it shouldn't even be a worthwhile decision. as a military man I know my obligation. the problem is that I also know that it is in vain. at least for now. things may change)

If only this story were broke on CNN instead of a Comedy Network, eh?
It will never break on a Major Network. Not to its fullest extent, anyhow.

I still give props to Cramer for showing up, though. At least he has SOME spine and I hope, against hope, that he will actually do as he pledged to do and start to become honest in his reporting.
This story may have legs. I would love to see him come clean on his own show, but I won't hold my breath.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This just reminds me of Andy Kauffman or something, when will Jon become a wrestler? Maybe he could take on Jesse Ventura or MIckey Orourke? HAHA

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by seangkt

The problem with your point is the same problem with all MSM outlets. They have minced the line between factual reality and entertainment. Cramer even admits to it in this interview...

No, CNBC is not an entertainment gig, they are a News Organization. Their job is to report the facts. Allowing entertainment pieces in the news is THE REASON we are in this problem.

People have become desinsitized to information through their meddling, and now they are digging their grave. How many viewers is Cramer going to lose over this?
He'll gain a few initially, but when people realize what was the reason for the feud, he'll lose bunches. He knows it too. He got really worried there towards the end and was glad to see the interview over. Hell, by the end he was more than willing to agree with whatever John Stewart said.
It was a completely lopsided "debate." Would you even call it a debate? It was a scolding.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

[edit on 13-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
At about 14:02 right after the Cramer clip talking about how you can make something credible cuz you can say you talked to someone at Apple is when it turned ugly for Cramer.

Jon's reaction to that was as about as real as it gets.. I got goosebumps from it..

Bravo Jon.. keep it up, please.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join