It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family 'disgusted' as police attackers acquitted

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Why protect cops, when cops do not protect you?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I have my personal reasons as to why I -highly- dislike the police. That's another time and place, U2U me if you really would like to know what happened to change my mind on them.

Good going to the police, more rights for them, more protections for them. But what about us, the little guys? The ones scraping by day to day, struggling. Where are my protections against unlawful arrest (part of my long winded story)? My rights to not allow them to just barge in my house without a warrant (not myself, but others I know)? Oh that's right, lets give the cops all the rights and strip the civilians of theirs.

You know, why don't we have a private police force, one that I can call up and get billed for later, and actually get my officer to "serve and protect" me? I'd pay $50 for someone to come and actually do their job for once.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RcknShdw

I fully understand that you have your reasons to dislike police.

It still doesn't make ALL of them bad, but I do see where you're coming from.

I personally know several active police and one retired sergeant, hell I'm related to two of them.

I know what they have put up with, both these days and 20-30 years ago.

The continual abuse, both physical and mentally coupled with numerous high stress situations are going to crack many. Being a cop isn't some cushy desk job.

And this is the problem, hardly anyone wants to be a cop so the entry exam becomes less strict, which let's in too many people who can't handle the authority and power given to them.

<< 1   >>

join