It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. plans for Mexico border violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

U.S. plans for Mexico border violence

www.msnbc.msn.com

"We would take all resources short of DoD and National Guard troops before we reach that tipping point," Rufe told lawmakers. "We very much do not want to militarize our border."

Rufe said military forces would be called in only when homeland security and other government agencies are overwhelmed. He did not specify what circumstances would trigger a call for troops.

The Mexican government has deployed 700 extra federal police to Ciudad Juarez, a city bordering Texas where local police have been overwhelmed by drug violence. Earlier this month, 3,200 federal troops were sent to the city.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This already been posted? I tried doing a search, and many of the older posts about the violence came up.
It sounds like Homeland Security is finally acknowledging there may be an issue.

About time. Why are they unwilling to militarize the border though? Because all the troops are in Afghanistan ?

Well, I personally know American citizens willing to protect our border -- FOR FREE.

www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
S & F

I posted a slightly similar article in the Narcotics Conspiracy Forum, about the high number of deaths down there recently. But nothing with H.S. involvement. Good job. Yeah, so many of our troops over in Iraq & more headed to Afghanistan, maybe they can't for the moment.
Mexico Morgues Crowded with Mounting Drug-War Dead

It's about time this region of Mexico gets more policing by both sides, not only because of the drug-war violence, but another very disturbing and chilling aspect of death in Ciudad Juarez; all the young women & girls murdered & missing there since 1993...absolutely horrifying, and still unsolved!
Fear Descends on Ciudad Juarez as Girls go Missing

A woman named Diana Washington Valdez wrote a book about it, called: Harvest of Women and theorized how Mexican officials are in collusion with Drug cartels in perpetrating these atrocities:
Wealthy Drug Lords Behind Scores of Murdered Girls?

I hear ya, citizens have the motivation & zeal, but not all are equipped & trained, I couldn't do it for free, in that respect...ie-3rd generation night vision, thermal imaging, hyperbolic listening microphones, motion-detectors, radios & sat link comms, etc. etc...I mean, if we really wanna nab the hard bad guys!

[edit on 3/13/2009 by FRIGHTENER]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis

This already been posted? I tried doing a search, and many of the older posts about the violence came up.
It sounds like Homeland Security is finally acknowledging there may be an issue.

About time. Why are they unwilling to militarize the border though? Because all the troops are in Afghanistan ?

Well, I personally know American citizens willing to protect our border -- FOR FREE.

www.msnbc.msn.com

Don't let the conflicts overseas fool you, we have 1,385,122 active duty personnel and 1,458,500 reservists as of 2008.

We have enough forces to continue the War on Terror, secure the borders, and fight North Korea next month.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Hey, sometimes it seems there is disproportionate attention and force where needed... Just makes me wonder if fighting off the enemies closer to home isn't profitable enough.

Anyway, keeping an eye on this situation!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Fairly simple if you ask me, build a wall or a huge fence and let the national guard, reservists or possibly hire more cops to man posts at certain points and keep this crap out of our country. Lets face it sheeple, this country is very easy to get into both from mexico and from canada as well and people wonder how drugs, guns and terrorists get in? When a mass murderer or some whack job with a backpack full or c4 can just stroll right across the border through a creek, wooded area or even some backwoods dirt road, THERE IS A PROBLEM......This is not immigration people, its INFILTRATION...

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Slave2Knowledge

I so have to agree with you...

I have been calling this an INVASION, as we watch border security guards face time in jail for daring to actually keep danger out of this country.

Just lame. Those guys were made an example of, and everyone knows it.

new topics

top topics

join