It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

heckler and koch hk416 and hk417 are coming out in with civilan versions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
i can't wait later this year hk has the hk416and hk417 coming out in semiauto versions. hopefully in time for deer season i can retire my old 308 . what do you guys think about this.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
You're lucky you have a choice. At this moment I'm wondering if I should upgrade the quality of the elastic on my slingshot

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The price will decide for me if I bother with one or not.

Gas/piston AR's have been available for a while now and the relative benefits of a "cleaner" system havent exactly proven their worth when the outrageous cost is considered. I've never had any problems with my AR and shoot crap like Bear and Wolf almost exclusively.

That being said, I'll always welcome more options on the market. It's better for the consumer this way. It would be nice if HK took the current run on AR's into account and ramped up production to get a decent amount out to sale at a decent price but typically a "decent" price on an HK is still too far out of my price range.

As it stands I'm putting money aside for a SCAR-H but if HK is going to introduce the 417 for less than a SCAR-H (about 2100 excluding hype/fear cost inflation factors) I'll definitely grab the HK.

It sucked when I lived in slave state CT and couldnt act on the releasing of great guns on the market. It must really suck to be in an entire country that says "you're too much of an idiot and we dont trust you so hell no you cant have one."

Something else that bothers me about HK's pricing as well as Sig's. They make them right here in NH!!! How about a local discount?????

ADDED:

Looks like pricing estimates have pushed me to get the SCAR-H

The German Program Manager for the MR's said at the Orlando SHOT Show this year the sale prices would be $3500 for the MR556 and $3800 for MR762

Nearly 4K? Ouch.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
good news i guess.
although this is not any of my priorities are there any links?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

Here

hk-usa.com...

The last two rifles.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
So how are these 2k better than an AR10?
Personally, I'd spend the money on 6.5 grendel.
If I had it.
Which I don't.
So the point is moot.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Man I need to get out of California....

top topics

join