It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone in the world could of taken last year off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
That's right, we could of taken all last year off..... 2008 it was calculated that 50 Trillion in wealth that was lost. This is equivalent to the worlds GDP. The same as everyone staying home for the full year.

How much is 50 Trillion?

So, if you were in, say, St. John's, Nfld., and you stacked 50 million stacks of 200,000 $5 bills one atop of the other, you would reach the moon, turn back toward Earth, and then, after landing on Signal Hill, keep stacking, until you almost reached the moon again. (It is 384,400 kilometres away on average, says NASA.)

That's how big $50 trillion is — and we lost it.

source

That's why that $50 trillion did just disappear. It never was a pile of bills. It was only the hope for that pile, a glowing dream in the collective minds of bankers and investors large and small, climbing higher and higher, a prayer with every step.

Now a look at US true debt.....God I feel for you guys.

As the Obama administration pushes through Congress its $800 billion deficit-spending economic stimulus plan, the American public is largely unaware that the true deficit of the federal government already is measured in trillions of dollars, and in fact its $65.5 trillion in total obligations exceeds the gross domestic product of the world.

source

"Social Security and Medicare must be shown as liabilities on the federal balance sheet in the year they accrue according to GAAP accounting," Williams argues. "To do otherwise is irresponsible, nothing more than an attempt to hide the painful truth from the American public. The public has a right to know just how bad off the federal government budget deficit situation really is, especially since the situation is rapidly spinning out of control.

For some reason, I don't think we have seen the end of this crisis by any means. 50 Trillion Dollars...... all imaginary, but the effects of it are all too real. The true debt of the states is very real, and scary.

Does anyone know how they can tackle this true debt without taking out themselves and the rest of the world economies?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Just think of what this world would be like if we DIDN'T have money to worry about.
The few elites that run the world think that they can own everything and everyone and we sit here and let them do it.
I say use that 'money' to get rid of money all together, then there'd be hope for us all.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
65.5 trillion? How can that amount possibly be paid off in even 300 years?

I wonder what would happen if Americans simply said, forget it, all debts are null and void... What are you going to do about it... etc.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Makes you think twice about the de-population conspiracies. Just think of how much money they would save if they lost a good portion of the population. The amount hey save in paying out in social security and social welfare.

You'd have to be pretty cold to initiate depopulation to save money, but I'm not sure about anything anymore. The impossible seems to be plausible lately.... unfortunately it's only on the negative side of things.

top topics

join