It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video interference by UFO!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I took this video in November last year (2008)

Whilst looking out of our living room window at around 18:30 my partner spotted two bright white lights travelling one behind the other approximately 500 to 1000 feet up.

She called me and my friend's attention to them and we ran out side at which point I started to record them with my mobile phone (nokia N95). We watched them slowly travel across the sky from East to West and recorded them for 3.23 secs at which time they picked up speed and dissapeared out of view.

I couldn't wait to get the video of my phone and onto the PC so I could take a look at it. They were so low and flying so slowly I thought it was going to be amazing footage. As with all things it is never that simple.

After uploading the video to the PC. We began to watch it only to find that the 3.23 video had compressed it self into 18 seconds. My partner and I both remember looking at the time recorder on the telephone and it had definately been recording for at least 3.23 secs.

Right at the end of the video there does seem to be some interference happening also. It may be one of those technical things that happens to mobile cameras every now and again. Whether the camera was interfered with or not doesn't really matter. Any more down to earth explanations about what they were appreciated.

Heres the video.

media.abovetopsecret.com...

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
Please stop posting your thread titles in ALL CAPS.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Gemwolf]

[edit on 12/3/2009 by Funklestiltzkin]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Video is heavily edited.
You could have done almost anything to it.
Why did all that footage turn into 14 seconds?
Because you time lapsed it to make it look like the stars you were videoing were moving?
To me this looks like stars or planets, and you are moving the camera around alot.
Then you cut pieces out to make it look like they were moving fast.
Looks like some promoting of your youtube channel to me.
Have an ad sense account do we?

[edit on 12-3-2009 by CaptainCaveMan]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

I'm sorry that you think it is highly edited. Yes I edited it for you tube, as in I added some music and some titles and slowed it down. I will upload the original if that will help. You only have my word that it is exactly what was recorded. I am not bothered whether people believe it or not, just thought that it deserved some exposure instead of sitting on my pc gathering dust.

No I haven't got an adsense account and no I am not trying to promote my youtube channel. I have nothing to gain and nothing to sell. Believe what you want........

[edit on 12/3/2009 by Funklestiltzkin]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Funklestiltzkin

I really didn't want to post in this thread but I have to admit that I have had a similiar experience.
I am still trying to figure it out.
Good luck dude.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
if you can whack the original file on a hosting site, and put it up here for disection, then people will take you more seriously. You've shown some kind of editing skills, so the footage could have been messed with. Whack the file up straight from the phone. Go on, you know it makes sense

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I didn't really want to post this thread, but as rubbish the video is it still deserves a mention and a look at for exactly that reason. I'm sure this has happened to other videos people have taken before, ufo's involved or not.

Be interesting to find out if anybody else has had this happen to them!!

Is it a fault with the camera or the software? or Something else?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I will do it now...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funklestiltzkin

Yes I edited it for you tube, as in I added some music and some titles and slowed it down.

Why? Why chop it all up, then throw in fancy text titles and music? What does ANY of that have to do with the UFO?

To me this was more like a presentation of showing off your new found ability to make fancy title graphics and/or working with a new video editing program.

Not impressed.

I will upload the original if that will help. You only have my word that it is exactly what was recorded. I am not bothered whether people believe it or not, just thought that it deserved some exposure instead of sitting on my pc gathering dust.

Uploading the ORIGINAL footage, without the fancy graphic text and music would be highly advisable if you expect any serious UFO researcher to consider this as a bonafide UFO video worth spending time on analyzing.

All that fancy graphic text junk and useless music does nothing for the researcher.

No I haven't got an adsense account and no I am not trying to promote my youtube channel. I have nothing to gain and nothing to sell. Believe what you want........

I am sure that you mean what your saying there, but the video itself tells a different story. Not that your trying to sell something, but that you are in fact showing off more than just what you filmed.

I think that people who are video taping UFO's these days need to realize that back in the day of the 8mm and 16mm filming of UFO's, adding sound and fancy text graphics was also available to those people, yet in NONE of those films are the useless graphic texts or music tracks.

Yes please post the original footage, in its raw form. A simple introduction graphic text is fine, but it doesnt need to be fancy fonts and zoom in or out of the frame.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Thanks for the advice. Where should I upload the original to?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Funklestiltzkin

This is the ATS media hosting web site you can access it following this link.
You log on using the same user name and password your used to log onto ATS/BTS media.abovetopsecret.com... just take your time and follow the instructions and you should be fine.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I have uploaded the original it is here.

media.abovetopsecret.com...

I think I have done it right!!

new topics

top topics

join