It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA moon Hi-Res pictures complete download?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Hello!

I have searched and searched - have found sites such as www.lpi.usra.edu... and downloading Free Virtual Moon Atlas here www.brothersoft.com...
However I'd like to know if anyone here knows of a complete package of all the hi-res images of zee moon. Perhaps someone could compile them and make a nice torrent we can all download for ourselves, and seed.

I'm talking the 20mb+ versions of the tiffs like on the Lunar Orbiter photo gallery, not 3mbs...the real big mac daddy pics! Perhaps break into a few torrents of 500mb so as not a single huge download?

If you know where, or you'd be willing to make a torrent of these fascinating images It'd be major good karma coming your way.

So how bout it...I know you're out there groovers!?

wZn

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

All the Clementine images (unless you are one of those that think that it's only 10% of the total
) can be found here, 203 CDs, but not in one easily downloaded format.

As for the Lunar orbiter images, I suggest you follow the work of the Lunar Orbiter Digitization Project, it's far from over, but they have many images already, but, once more, not easily donwloaded.

You can also follow the Project Apollo Image Archive, that is digitizing all metric images taken by the Apollo missions. Once more, not complete yet and not easily downloaded.

But it's better than nothing.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The last link is a doozy 500mb - 1gig for the raw giff!

The other ones were too small... I see there is quite a few (heh).

I was thinking maybe someone has a compilation they'd like to share in torrent form, but yes thanks that should keep me busy.

Big up for the links

wZn

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
These websites are fantastic, the resolution is much better than the usual hires versions from other sources. Last time I checked, maybe 6 months ago, both the LO digitization project and the Apollo metric images had curious gaps in coverage. Most of the interesting areas, conspiracy-wise are missing. Have you noticed that too? Will try again this week-end.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nablator

I'm sure they don't prioritize digitization by what's most interesting to conspiracy theorists, but rather by what's most interesting to scientists. Unfortunately, the required attention to detail and undermanned operations mean that these projects take a while to complete.

new topics

top topics

join