It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Handy-Dandy All-Purpose Political Assassinations Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This arises as a result of SkepticOverlord's call for the top 10 conspiracy theories. Just as 9/11 is arguably just the most egregious of many false-flag ops going back through the Gulf of Tonkin incident, the burning of the Reichstag, the sinking of the Maine, and so on, the JFK assassination is only the biggest of many, many, MANY examples.

And that's why I've started this thread, as a place to draw together as many of these examples as I can find. What I'm hoping is that people will contribute a post on an assassination they know a little about, preferably with as many cool links as possible so we can do some reading about it. It's not so much a thread for debate as to bring up topics that might be used as the basis for other threads in the future if people find them interesting enough.

Ideally, people should try and come up with some unusual ones. I mean, we all know about the JFK thing and hopefully rather than re-hash the well-worn ones people will bring some new stuff to the table.

So... a quick list of some of the first names to come to mind...

JFK, RFK, Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Gandhi, Benazir Bhutto, Olof Palme, Indira and Rajiv Gandhi, Paul Wellstone, JFK Jr., Abe Lincoln, Omar Torrijos, Remon Cantera... I can't remember the guy who "fell out of the window" at (if memory serves) Bethesda Naval Hospital, but he was high up in the USG in the late fifties and his death was linked to him perhaps finding out about the UFO cover-up.

Anyway... just to set the ball rolling...

JFK Jr was going to abandon his successful publishing career for politics when his plane mysteriously crashed. Allegedly, the Bushies were involved.

Now you used to be able to find the whole of this documentary on Google. It's been removed, and now it's on YouTube split into 11 parts. Bummer.

Who Killed JFK Jr? Part1
The other parts are linked via YouTube.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Princess Diana

Though an assassination is speculative, it is probably one of the more common conspiracies in recent times.
Why? Perhaps because Dodi was a Muslim and they didn't want him so close to the royal family...or perhaps she was pregnant. Perhaps it was the fact she could have been extorting them and they needed her gone. Many possible reasons for an assassination here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And lets not forget...the Reptilian Diana Theory!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
John Lennon was assassinated by a high school student who fired four flat-tipped .38-caliber rounds into his back.

Was this orchestrated by the CIA? I read it was in an out of print book by author Fenton Bresler.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I've just found this page which makes pretty interesting reading.

It's on the subject of the assassination of JFK Jr.

During three exclusive interviews with TomFlocco.com, the ex-operative told us the final classified report specifically said “JFK Jr.’s plane broke in half just aft of the cabin. The damage was caused by a plastique (C-4) shape charge which was formed along the bottom of the fuselage and up along both sides of the walls. The charge was caused to be set off or exploded with a large spark generated by a barometric switch device triggered by the altitude of the plane. In other words, the assassins chose the altitude for the explosion of the plane--a standard procedure to make the target’s murder look like an accident.”

Did they ever recover the wreckage of the plane?

I remember reading all sorts of theories about it - the replacement co-pilot was an MKULTRA-type plant who plunged the plane into the drink, there was a beam weapon directed at the plane... this seems the simplest and most plausible.

new topics

top topics

join